Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 07:26 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight loss and chit chat #136

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support in getting/staying healthy, and we also share our daily ups and downs with each other. Please feel free to join us.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:55 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi ladies,

Cristi - thanks for the card, and happy 4th to you, too. Good luck with all the painting and stuff. You mentioned on the other thread attending a block party. I think that would be a lot of fun, and would get you acquainted with the neighbors, too. Is this a carry-in type of party?

Lisa - how'd things go with your niece and nephew? Did you find something fun to do?

Marti - hope you're enjoying your 3 day weekend. Is James off too? Hope so!

Susan - no, I'm not going to Curves, but I said that I'd like the fellowship of it, lol. There isn't even one around here anymore. Have fun at Rockaway! YAY for more food money. Can't you get assistance for food?

Angie - omg, I'd die of heat stroke if I even tried to exercise outside here in Indiana. It's just way to hot and humid for that, but thanks for trying to help me out with the idea. January is still 6 months away... are you sure you'll be okay without surgery for that long? Btw, I can't find Breathing Room here at our Walmart, and we have no bookstore, so I'm going to see if our library has it. Is it pretty good so far?

Well, I've been the Free Produce Lady today, lol. I've been delivering some extra cucumbers, cabbage and green beans to some people in town who appreciate and need it. Next week I'll have lots of extra corn and blackberries, and soon after, there will be watermelons, cantaloupes and peaches. Yum!!

I did some exercise from one of Oprah's past mags today while watching an old movie, but I know it wasn't really enough. The food points could be better, but the water is a-ok! One outta 3 isn't much to brag about, lol.

How's everything in your world?
Old 07-02-2005, 11:10 PM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello..A quick pop in again. My desktop computer is down and I am borrowing DH's laptop...which I hate. Has been a bad week computer wise as I got it fixed and it went bad again. It almost got thrown out the window..grrrr.
Finally got back to walking today as the weather was cooler and I felt good. I walked morning and evening for 4 miles. Yay! Now if I can get my food back on track...I ate a breaded tenderloin sandwhich today and although it was wonderful I sure felt quilty. Luckily I didn't eat anything else overboard all day. That was quite enough. WELL..tomorrow is another day.
I hope all JL's are having a nice holiday week-end. Happy 4th!
Old 07-02-2005, 11:51 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Talking

Back again ladies for a few minutes. We took a break and me and Josh were getty antsy about doing some fireworks. They have been going off all around us since Monday. We won't do anymore till Monday or we won't have any to do! LOL Anyway...

Jane~it is a come and go kind of thing and they are going to grill hot dogs. Not sure about any other sort of food as they didn't ask anyone to bring anything except your own drink. We will go and see the car & motorcycle show and then the parade, that's really all I would like to see. Since we don't have small kids we won't stay for the kids games and the hot dogs, which is at the pool. It should still be nice, if it doesn't rain. The forecast has rain for both Sunday & Monday. And you are welcome for the card. I almost didn't get them out in time. Wish I lived close to get some of your produce! LOL Bet it is goooood!

Angie~I'm with Jane, are you sure you can wait till January for the surgery? If it were me I would want it yanked out as soon as possible. My SIL (Jane) just had one this past March. Her girls tell her she is a bear when she doesn't take the meds! LOL She is the one who had a miscarriage and they told her she wouldn't ever have kids-well, she has three girls, two of which are twins. But she had a lot of problems over the years and they finally did the hysterectomy. She said she feels a lot better since having it but doesn't like taking the hormones so much.

Sue~DS had a laptop and I tried it a few times, just couldn't get the hang of it. Probably because I really didn't want to and didn't care for it. I would rather go to the library. But do know what a pain in the booty it is when they go out. Makes ya wonder what we did before we had them. to the 4 miles walked! WTG!

Susan~have a wonderful/fun time at Rockaway!!

Marti~is this a Jhanai weekend? Whatever you and James do, hope you guys have a GREAT time!

Hi to everyone else!

Man, I am pooped. Got the room painted. V is doing some touch up so I thought I would sneak down and spend a few minutes on the 'puter. Did some yard work and got my car all clean! Of course that is a sure sign of it raining for sure!Tomorrow will be another busy day. We are doing the stripes and that will take quite a while just taping it. Then putting everything back-why do we do this?!! Love the color so I suppose it is worth all the trouble. Then we have some yard work to get done. Anyway...

Take care ladies and enjoy your weekend! Going to go ahead and wish you all a very Happy 4th! I have a busy Sunday and Monday and most likely won't be back to post till Tuesday, so...

HAPPY
4th OF
JULY
JADED LADIES!!!!
Old 07-03-2005, 08:26 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Wow, where'd the day go so fast?? It's already past 7 here in Indiana.

Sue - yay for the walking! Hope you are having better luck with the computer. I miss my laptop! But we got such a better deal, moneywise, on a desktop, so that's why we went with it.

Cristi - hope you have a great holiday. The block party sounds like fun, if it doesn't rain. I too wish you lived closer for lots of reasons. You and I could shop together all the time, for one thing, lol. Plus I'd love to share our produce with you, and all the other JLs, too.

I'm doing great with the food and water, and even have my entire day's menu & points written down for tomorrow, including the party. There is a great sense of well-being in doing that. Kind of a control, you know?

Goofed around most of the day today. I'm reading an old book that I read years and years ago, and so far don't remember much, lol, except it was a keeper.

I don't think I'll have much time to check in tomorrow, so let me just say:
Happy Independence Day to the Yankees
and happy Monday to you Canadians!!
Old 07-03-2005, 11:09 PM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Jane..I just finished reading The Goodbye Summer that you recommended. Very good. I also read Northern Lights by Nora Roberts this past week and it was real good too.

Don't know what will happen with the desktop computer...it is too new to re-place, and I am not getting any satisfaction so far. Hopefully my DD can come by tomorrow and look at it.

Hi all..and I will be back tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:39 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Another recently read book that some may like...Same Sweet Girls by Cassandra King.

Worked on the computer today and loaded Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. So far so good, but I am holding my breath.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! My life has been boring lately, but hey, I am alive and well.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:54 AM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning ladies,
Sorry I didn't get in here earlier,,,wanted to wish you all a Happy 4th of July.

Did anyone spend alot of time watching Live 8? We were all glued. Hoping they make cds for each country that participated.

Sue, I knew I had heard of firefox before, Brandon has that on his computer..says he likes it more.

Jane,,,lol I forget about your weather and how hot it is...lol We are only now getting some heat here.
mmmm cukes...I love them with hummus. Heck I like them with out anything.

Cristi, so how was the party? Our Towne had a fireworks show also, was wonderful we actually watched it from our bedroom window.

My cousin came down for the weekend didn't do much, went and saw War of the Worlds. I thought the little girl Dakota was a fantastic actress. Came home and then read the paper how there are people boycotting Tom Cruise movies after his interview.
Tanner's hair and faded big time it was looking pretty terra cotta...lol So I bleached it out,,,except for a V patch in the middle. Really funky,,,,figuring every couple of weeks we will do something funky to his hair...lol
Well I did my first day on my own at work...it was kinda scary but Im doing ok. I only work during the afternoons,,,the woman who used to work there was on sick leave for almost a year,,,shes now weaning herself back and working mornings. Shes worried she won't be able to do the job,,, last year at this time her tooth became infected so she had a root canal,,ended up having 3 in a row,,at the same time as taking 2 sets of antibiotics. The antibiotics did the job,,,did it so well it also got rid of the good bacteria and thus began her real problems. She lost 38 lbs in 2 months,,,she was about 130 lbs before,,, Her intestines are damaged and she may need surgery (cut some of the intestines out) very similar to crohns or colitis. Makes you think twice when you need to take antibiotics eh?

We decided on Jan, for surgery cause by then I would of lost some weight which will help me. And winters are quiet, I won't be putting anyone out with taking a busy time off.

Jane I loved the book breathing room,,,read it in a day.

well I should get ready for work...
Old 07-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Hi ladies and a very Happy Tuesday!

Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July! Boy did our plans change! First we didn't make it to the car show & parade which I really would have loved to see. And because V had to go into work for a few hours Monday we decided to BBQ Sunday-in between doing the bedroom. So we did fireworks about 9'ish and was done at a little after 10 then just sat outside for a while watching the others all around us. It was SPECTACULAR!!! Seemed liked a lot more people were doing them this year, including us. Streets kind of look like a war zone. It was nice though. Of course people have been doing them all week so it has been a nice week, except for Ernie dog. He actually came out from under the bed all happy this morning. Poor dog, just hates all that noise and gets so stressed out. Anyway, so we finished the bedroom yesterday about 2 p.m.. Did not think it would ever take three days to do but we like it. And while the stripes are subtle, you can see them and it looks nice. Love the blue!

Angie~didn't see the Live 8 but DD was watching parts of it waiting to see Alicia Keys and never did. She didn't care for it-said the 3 hours that she watched it they mostly talked. I too am one of those who are boycotting Tom Cruise. I didn't want to see War of The Worlds, and then keep seeing previews and then wanted to. But from seeing him on two separate interviews I just think he is an idiot. I am surprised that Matt Laur kept his cool while talking with him. But Dakota Fanning is adorable and just a great little actress. We've seen her in several movies and she is sooo good. I will probably wait to see it if it comes on cable. That is horrible about your co-worker. Cracks me up when I see a commercial for a certain drug and then they go on to list the side effects and I am thinking I would rather deal with it than take a pill that could give you about 10 different side effects. But they affect people differently so...

Jane~bet your produce is yummy! I've been picking tomatoes for the last couple of days and not sure what I am going to do with them all-maybe send some with V to work. The neighbors on both sides of us are on vacation so they are out. Of course I am not sure what kind of tomatoes they are as they are not as big as the regular ones and they were supposed to be cherry tomatoes-definitely not!

Well, I guess I need to get going. Been on this most of the morning looking up things-in between getting some laundry done. So...

Hi to everyone and take care and have a terrific Tuesday!
Old 07-05-2005, 05:37 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hiya ladies,

Sue - hope things are going ok with your computer now. I know how frustrated I got when my was on the fritz. The library has much faster ones, since I'm stuck with dial-up, but I still prefer to be in the comfort of my own home. Btw, there's something to be said for a boring life, lol.

Angie - Katie and I watched parts of Live 8 and I liked most of what I saw. That little Dakota Fanning is quite a cutie! I saw her on Regis and Kelly or somewhere, and she is so charming and gave an amazing interview. Yikes, sorry about your friend's teeth! Sometimes you just don't know which is worse: the ailment or the cure, lol. I'll see if I can pick up Breathing Room soon.

Cristi - Like your Ernie, my Molly also doesn't like fireworks. Well, the ones that make too much noise, that is. She stuck to me like ugly on an ape while we were watching them last night. Don't you just love the taste of fresh-off-the-vine tomatoes? I eat them like apples, lol.

We had fun last night but I'm glad the food is out of the house. I did pretty good, but went over a few points. The Gazelle is back in the living room, propped up against the wall where a sweet little table used to sit. It looks kind of tacky, but oh well. My health comes first, right? I used it for the the last 1/2 hour of The Young and the Restless today, and the time sure went fast.

What have you been up to today?
Old 07-06-2005, 07:03 AM   #11  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Ladies--

Had a fun weekend w/Jhanai and James.....avoided getting online. The weather was so beautiful. Perfect for the 4th.

I'm totally exhausted so I'm not going to chat much tonight, I will try to catch up tomorrow.

Until then ladies!
Old 07-06-2005, 07:57 AM   #12  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hi ladies,

just popping in quickly to say Hi. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend, Canadians AND Yankees. We had a great weekend, and I am now off all week. Yesterday I had some errands and had my first ever pedicure! Last week was a great week for me in the weight department, My first week on the new lifestyle and I have lost 9 pounds~~~!!!! Of course that will slow down and the loss will not be that big everyweek. I will probably level off to 2-4 pounds a weeks. Depending. I told you it was fast. But I've discovered that it isn't as difficult to stay on track when you are chasing after a VERY BUSY almost 15 month old. LOL

Anyway, hope all is well, and I will check in with you all later. Things to do, places to go, babies to chase.......lol

Anita
Old 07-06-2005, 11:10 AM   #13  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Hello everyone..
sorry it has been a while.. wuth the 2 kids around all the time now i don't get much time to myself... THANK YOU cristi for the Canada day card! We watched the fireworks here.. they were good. It was really cold and windy so we didnt know if they were going to have them. Hope everyone is doing well. I am a little tired.. Running around all over.. summers sure are busy!
Old 07-06-2005, 12:05 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Good morning. Looks like all I do is read, doesn't it? Well, with the computer problems and this heat I have been reading alot. I just finished a book by Lisa Jackson, See How She Dies. Enjoyed that and now I have another by Patricia Gaffney to read. Thanks Jane for telling me of her.
Dh has been working on a new work bench for his garage, so has been out of the house. I have been doing laundry today. Yesterday I went to the mall with Mom and my aunt. Then we went to Olive Garden for a soup, salad lunch. Yum. Didn't walk at all, but will tonight. I am slowly getting back on track...at least I haven't gained back what I lost. Seems like after I am so good for a couple weeks that I just go crazy....well, I AM crazy.
Planning a big family get together in a couple weeks. DS is coming home from CA and will be here for 2 days. He is actually going to Chicago to be with his gf and then they will come down here. He is anxious to introduce her to the family. I hope we don't scare her off.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:11 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Smile

Good afternoon ladies~

Today is Wal-Mart Wednesday of course so did that first thing this morning. Didn't have as much to get so I just kind of whizzed through the store. I know the layout so know exactly where to go and if there's not many people there I can get in and out pretty fast. 30 minutes this time. Had a few other errands to run and DS was off work today so he went with me. Couldn't stay in Pier1 too long-almost everything was on sale-too tempting. It's funny though because the last few times I was there, I didn't see anything I absolutely wanted. This time-not sure where everything came from but there was all kinds of stuff! Got what I went in there for and got out, well, except for a jar/canister I had to have. The weather is so nice. The last two days it has only been in the 80's. Compared to last week and those high 90's and low 100's I will definitely take the 80's. The rest of the day will be pretty laid back-getting a load of laundry done and that's about all I have to do today since I straightened up this morning.

Jane~yes, home grown tomatoes are the best! We too eat them like apples and there are sooo many! They taste good with a little salt. Well, at least your Molly will go out-Ernie wasn't having any of it. The neighbors down the street started about 5 but all around you could here firecrackers throughout the day and the first one he heard he was gone! he did not come out from under DS bed until Tuesday morning and he was soooo happy! He was stressed out the whole week, getting sick. Think next year I will get him some doggy downers-I heard people talking about that on the radio and what they do with their pets who can't take the fireworks. Nothing at all wrong with having the gazelle in the living room!

Marti~glad you, James & Jhanai had a great weekend!

Anita~ on your loss! Hope you have a great week off!

Terri~you are welcome! I know it can get crazy busy with two kids home so check in when you can.

Sue~your sons GF will love you guys I am sure. Hope your visit is a nice one. Hey, nothing wrong with reading. I get in my moods where I will read 2-4 books a week and then nothing for a while. Trying to read this book I borrowed from DS-can't remember the name of it but it is by the same woman who wrote The Secret Life of Bees which was very good. This one I can't seem to get into though.

Hi to everyone else, Susan, Angie Katy, Katiecat, Ellen, Pam, Dee, and anyone I missed.

Guess I should get going, Jeopardy will be coming on in a few minutes and then V gets home a few minutes before it goes off. Need to send him to Lowes to get me a can of white spray paint. I like to sit down and relax this time of day before I start dinner. So...

Take care ladies and hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!
Closed Thread