General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 10:27 AM   #1  

Default Body for Life #13

New week...new thread....

How is everyone doing????????????
Old 07-30-2001, 11:21 AM   #2  

Today I am restarting C2. Sheesh. I can't believe that FRUIT has become my downfall. I have never tasted fruit like this California fruit (my first CA summer) and I could eat peaches and nectarines by the bagful. I was eating clean on Saturday but had one too many peaches and felt like I was craving fruit all day. I can't believe I'm asking hubby to hide PEACHES from me.

Yesterday on Free Day I didn't eat out of control but had a lot of fruit. Fruit fruit and more fruit.

Anyway, I am having my myoplex and off to the gym.

how is everyone doing?
Old 07-30-2001, 01:17 PM   #3  

Hi all! Well I am starting week 2 and am still feeling good. I had my free day Saturday since I had a BBQ to go too. I didn't intend to get too nuts with my free day, but unfortunately I did! That's OK, I guess, I was right back to eating clean on Sunday. I am afraid getting too crazy on my free days is going to really sabotage my efforts. How far off the "clean eating" plan do you guys go on your free day? A friend of mine who was fairly successful doing BFL said that for the first 2-3 weeks she got a little nuts with her free days but after that her cravings kind of subsided and she didn't go bonkers on that 7th day anymore.

I have always had a problem with binge eating and I really learned something on my free day. I had thought all week about what food I really craved and missed because I wanted to be sure I had that on my free day. You know what? I had a really hard time pinpointing exactly what it was I wanted to eat, knowing that I could have whatever I wanted. This may be the source of some of my binges in the past. Maybe I kept eating and eating and eating trying to find the one thing that hit the spot because I never really knew what it was I needed in the first place! The more I thought about my free day and what I would eat, I realized that I am definitely a carb craver. What I ended up eating (and eating too much of) was pasta and ice cream. The pasta I cooked healthfully with a tomato sauce and just a smidgen of olive oil. As for the ice cream.....well, there's just not a lot of redeeming qualities about Ben and Jerry's (other than the taste! )

I think I am going to learn alot about myself and my reasons for eating over these next few weeks.

Debbie
Old 07-30-2001, 01:48 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Talking Yay! Welcome back Susanje!

Now that you're back, you can start C2 again!!! Let us know how it goes.

On BFL #12 I posted a quote from the Hussman site regarding Free Day...Deb, you may want to go back and read it (I posted it on 26 July). He has some very interesting thoughts about Free Day. It's easy to get the impression that on Free Day & Free Week you can just eat until you pop. The best thing is to be aware of what you're eating on Free Day and don't go nuts. Don't eat a whole pizza just 'because you can'. AWARENESS is the key!!!

Yesterday was my Free Day too. I don't usually eat the six meals on Sunday, but on Saturday morning I was already looking forward to my Sunday breakfast at Stacks'. I still ate a lot but not nearly as much as on C1 - when we were going out to eat twice on Sunday - for dinner, I BBQ'd a couple of (small) steaks, made some spinach and garlic bread and we were fine with that.

I have that same problem with forgetting what food(s) I crave during the week by the time Free Day rolls around. My answer is to WRITE IT DOWN - maybe post it on the refrigerator as a reminder. Better than the alternative (just to eat and eat until you find what you're craving). I find I do crave a lot of simple carbs (bread mostly) on Free Days...I like what Hussman says - don't pig out on all of your meals during Free Day!

SJ, I know what you're saying - I love peaches too - thank goodness they're low in calories - I have one at Meal #4 usually with my Pure Protein bar for the carbs.

I had a great LBWO today - but I'm going to switch from Good Mornings to Leg Curls for my finishing hammie set. I feel like doing GM's may be putting too much stress on my back and not enough on the hams (even though I don't have this problem when doing deadlifts).

I'm so excited about my new riding lessons even though I don't start for almost two weeks (I may call and see if I can get in this Saturday) that I wore my new paddock boots to work - they look so stylish!!! See ya!
Old 07-30-2001, 03:00 PM   #5  
Halloween Girl!

Default Starting week 4!

Hey!

Wow, there's a lot going on with everyone! I started my free day on Saturday night and kept going...

The old carb devil got hold of me and shook me good... I find that pasta triggers me but rice and grits don't.

Soo-- into week four and still loving it! The exercise is great and the food is beginning to make sense to me in a broader scope. When I plan, it all goes really well. When I don't plan -- oh, brother!

Off to the gym tonight to stink and make muscle

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

PS: Nectarines -- I could eat 'em by the case. I'm a transplanted Californian living in Tennessee and the produce is definitely different!
Old 07-30-2001, 09:30 PM   #6  

Mmmmmmmmmmm......nectarines! My favorite too!

MrsJim, thanks for the tip about your previous post. I will check it out!

Debbie
Old 07-31-2001, 01:16 AM   #7  

Hi everybody!

Good to see you again Susan and glad you had a nice holiday!

I am amazed that I am in C1W4D1 already. I have moments of self doubt especially when I go to the gym, pass by the floor length distorting mirrors and think "gosh my a$$ is big" -- seriously I had negative thoughts this evening before cardio. Then I just try to positively visualize and tell myself that I may not see results until the end of this challenge -- but it is so hard!

I am making a supreme effort to eat very clean this week and drink my water. On my work days everything goes well until I hit my days off with the kids and it goes abit awry.

Well tommorrow is LBW and I have to plan for that so I'll chat with you later. Next week I start a new plan of action with my workouts and Mrs. Jim I will check out the BFL site for the workouts as you recommended in previous posts. I am amazed at how much info is out tehre on the net!

Sorry for the rambling hopefully I will be a bit more coherent tommorrow.

Michelle.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:14 AM   #8  

I am beginning to see a little definition in my arms. This is C1W7D2 for me. Since I am back to work, I am having to change my eating a bit. For some reason, the Myoplex is starting to give me stomache pains. I think it is stress related, because they never bothered me at home, or at least I don't notice it at home.

Changed my workouts starting yesterday, and my arms are very sore today. Tomorrow, I am going to try hack squats. That should be interesting!

Have a good day!
Old 07-31-2001, 06:43 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

Gosh~It sounds like everybody is doing GREAT on their program! Hang in there~it only gets better

Today after class I'm headed to the gym for my UBWO (and alittle moderate cardio). Last week I switched most of my UB routine to using the free weights rather than the machines. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I have to work harder and get a better WO. I think that I'll continue with this on C2.

Lately, cherries have become my addiction. Thankfully they are low-glycemic and take time to eat

Have a great day and I'll check in this afternoon.
~~~Sil
Hanging in there at C1W11D5
Old 07-31-2001, 03:13 PM   #10  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Checking in...

Sounds like everyone's doing great!

I gotta tell you, I was a bit apprehensive about C2. I had read that the results would not be as spectacular as C1, etc. etc. But truthfully, C2 is starting out MUCH easier for me. Now that I know more about how the program works and what I should and should not eat - makes things much easier for me.

Remember a while back when I won that BF Tester? I had not received it and was wondering where it was. Well I found out that Jim (who works in the mailroom) had it in his desk drawer since it arrived a few weeks ago. He SAID he told me it came, yeah riiiiight...I would've been down there like a shot.

Anyway, I'm going to give it a try when my measurement time rolls around after Week 4 (which ends 18 August for me!).
Old 07-31-2001, 05:41 PM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Well, I'm almost into week 12. It's hard to believe. It seemed to go by so fast.
What I would like to know from Susanje and MrsJim is:
Looking back on your last week of C1 and the free week, any suggestions? Anything that you would have done different? I'm hoping to learn something from your insight
~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 07-31-2001 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:38 PM   #12  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Free Week...

I'd say, just relax. DON'T GO TO THE GYM!!! but by all means do some fun exercise...when I say 'relax' that doesn't mean lying on the couch for seven days in a row. Go bicycling, hiking, etc.

Treat yourself to something special - a cute top, a pedicure, massage, whatever during this week.

Don't eat and eat and eat. Just have a treat once a day if you feel like it. I wouldn't spend the week stuffing myself but do relax on the food a bit. I didn't use Myo Lite or supplements during my free week. Really missed having my morning Myo Lite!

Spend some time PLANNING your next challenge - at least the first four weeks. Recall that I checked Arnold's bodybuilding encyclopedia out of the library and used that to figure out what exercises I wanted to include in my next challenge. Bill P's are terrific but it can get a bit boring doing the same ones over again for C2...

In addition, spend some time reflecting on the last 12 weeks, what you would change, etc. I keep a personal journal/diary by my bed and write my thoughts down when I feel the need to. This really helps keep things in perspective for me! And do keep visiting and posting here and at L&S!!
Old 08-01-2001, 11:46 AM   #13  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default AACK! Weird morning...

So I woke up this morning at 4 a.m. as usual, got dressed, checked my training log for today, all set to go...walked to 24 Hour Fitness...and it's CLOSED!!! Apparently they had a power outage. Geez!

So I walked home, got my car keys and employee badge, and drove to work and used the fitness center there.

They have a set of dumbbells and machines (alas, no barbells or Smith Machine) so with a few alterations I was still able to get in my UBWO.

How's everyone else doing??
Old 08-01-2001, 02:39 PM   #14  

Do any of you do hack squats with a barbell? I am trying them, and had trouble. According to planetkc., the barbell is behind you and you bend down with it using an overhand grip. My problem is that I keep hitting the back of my thighs with the bar. I must be doing something wrong. I asked over at L&S, and didn't get an answer.
Old 08-02-2001, 07:39 AM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

Shelly~~~I wish I could help you out on the hack squats but I don't have any answers for ya. Did you get any suggestions over at L&S?

Today is free day ~not sure what I'll eat today, except for the bran muffins that I bought last night. I think I'll have one with a nectarine for breakfast (and maybe a scoop of cottage cheese).
I bought a bunch of perennials this week and I plan on putting in a new flowerbed today and tomorrow (lots of squats there )

Have a great one
~~~Sil
Closed Thread