Old 07-05-2005, 10:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Weighty Issues #29

Welcome to the July edition of our Weighty Issues thread. We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life (try saying that 3X fast! ) , spread out across the U.S. from the east coast to the west. We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 10:58 AM   #2  

Happy Fourth to everyone... a day late! :-) It feels like a Monday.

I had a nice weekend with my girls. We spent most of it together, hanging out by the pool or cleaning our apartment! :-) Sunday, they went to spend the evening and night with their dad, the first time since sometime in May. He isn't doing well at all, and I had to plead for him to keep them. They really need to spend some time with him, even if he isn't feeling well. At the rate things are going for him, he needs to be spending all the time he can spare with them. Things are not looking good at all.

I went out with Alan and some of his friends Sunday night to the final hours of a dog show they were having here, and then we went to dinner and saw the movie, War of the Worlds. I didn't like the movie. It was very intense, and I just don't like feeling like that for two hours straight. I'll stick with the cheesy si-fi version they made back in the '50s. It didn't help much that night, we had a really nasty storm here, winds up to 90 miles an hour, lightning and thunder, and then the rain came. All night long I was up. Concerned about the girls, hoping they were not too scared, and just still keyed up from watching the movie. :-)

Yesterday, I got the girls back and we had a really relaxing afternoon. Last night, we ended up going to the local college to watch the fireworks display. Alan met me out there, and considering what has been going on this past week, this was a really major step for him regarding the kids and I. I've had a pretty emotional week where he has been concerned, growing pains I guess, but he did make the effort to come out with me and the girls last night, so I am happy about that.

This past month was a hectic one. Work, Alan, my ex's health, the girls and them being in Texas, more work, and me slowly getting depressed again. Just a number of things, but I am working on it.

I think the girls and I are going to move here in the next month. That has been weighing heavily on my mind. I'll be moving away from Alan, and the girls dad, but it's not like I am moving across the state. Right now, I have about a 45 minute commute to work every day. My work has offered to help me relocate so I would be here closer, and I am considering taking them up on that. Lots of pros and cons regarding the move and staying where I currently am. But after weighing the options, I think moving will be the better choice. That does mean totally relocating, finding a new home, new schools and daycare for the girls, getting to know a new area... but it will get me out of a third story apartment into a duplex or something that has the potiental of feeling more like a home. The major drawback is we will be losing access to a swimming pool, and that is something we use EVERY DAY.

OK.. well, work is calling me again.... I am going to make an effort to get in here everyday. I have to get over my depressive tendencies and quit hiding my head. I do have alot on my plate, but I will make it here!

Talk to you all later.. hope you don't mind me starting the July thread! Talk soon!

cherie
Old 07-05-2005, 11:38 AM   #3  

Oh Cherie, you do have a lot on your plate right now. I wish I could just give you a big hug and tell you everything will work out. I am sorry your ex is not doing well with his health. It must be hard on the girls and you. That commute must be draining everyday. I did not know you drove that long to work. You are correct, there are pros and cons about everything. I am sure you come to the right choice. You are a very strong woman....and that quality you have will get you through this tough time you are going through. Keep your chin up sweetheart. I am glad you and Alan and the girls got together. Thanks for starting the new thread!! Hugs girl and anything we can do just ask. Don't worry about bringing us down or anything like that, we want to be able to vent your frustrations and whatever you are feeling, that is what friends are for.

Noelle, glad you had a great time at the bike rally. Sounds like fun, how cool about the hat!!

Angie, I am happy you and Cal got to meet. You are right we all have to get together someday. It would be a blast. Like sister who never met before .

Dips glad you had a nice 4th.

Kempy and Cal I hope your holiday was special too.

We watched fireworks in the neighborhood, lit some off in the front yard and I ate like a pig all weekend. To top it off dd got up and was soaked at 3 am. Oh well little accidents happen. And now ds has a rash over his body. He had the chicken pox shot so I don't know if it is just an allergic reaction or what. I might try some calamine lotion, I really don't want to bring him in if it is nothing because they have physicals this week. Never stops . Oh well end of rant about that. Everyone have a good Tuesday. Feels like Monday!! Check back later on.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:04 PM   #4  

Thanks Julie.... I have an appointment to go see a duplex that I like at 4:15. It's close to work, one story, three bedrooms 2 baths (Hannah wants her own room so bad, even though Megan doesn't) one car garage. Small back yard, but only 2 years old, so it should be relatively nice. It's $85 dollars more a month than what I am spending now, and I would be adding an extra utility (gas) but I think I will save enough on my commute and I am supposed to be getting a raise this week (I am still waiting to get the spreadsheet to get the increases in by next payroll), keep your fingers crossed on that one! Now if I can only qualify for it. My credit has been shot to **** these past three years since Steven got cancer and quit working. There was no way I could keep up with all our bills from our marriage. So, I've kept my American Express up to date, I've got great rental and work history. I hope that gets me there.

I never told you all about my trip to Indianapolis. It was great.. I had a wonderful time, but the actual race sucked. Only 3 of the 10 teams (6 of 20 cars) actually raced on that Sunday. It was due to a tire failure on Michelin's side, totally sucked.. but it made me want to go back. You can go see a few pictures of the cars (none of me, I was taking some of the pictures) here at Alan's site: www.alanchavis.com/motorsports scroll down to where you see his entry on the United States Grand Prix.

Angie.. that is so great you got to meet Cal. I would love to meet you guys in person... you have given me so much support, true friend for sure.

Julie.. I hope your kiddo is feeling better today. And awww about DD.. accidents suck... I am sure she will do better tonight. Poor thing. With mom's hugs, I hope she feels better too!

OK.. well, I need to get busy and do some more work. I've been getting distracted... nothing new! :-) Talk to you all soon!

Cherie
Old 07-05-2005, 08:02 PM   #5  

Hey guys. I am still tryign to recover from this weekend. I took Noelle's advice and lived it up all weekend long. Be it food or drink or fun. We had a blast though. They threw me a surprise dinner Friday night. I had no idea at all. I used to say that I never thought that I would like to have a surprise party but I had a great time. I really think that this was the best b-day that I have ever had. We went down the river Sat. & Sun. and Joe and I were so sore from riding in the boat all day that yesterday we stayed on the sofa pretty much all day. I feel like I had an all over body workout. Of course I ate so much that I counteracted whatever good the boat ride did.

Angie it is good to hear that you had a good b-day too. Your family always does fun stuff for each other. I still think about what you did to your moms car last year. I think that is so cool that you got to meet Cal. I swear b4 too long she will have traveled to meet all of us. She seems to be the one to get out more than I do. I am so glad that your shop did good. I know that you will do great there. Whatever happened with the funeral home? (god that still sounds funny)

Julie it seems like nothing is illegal down here. I think if they said that we couldn't shoot fireworks poeple would shoot their shotguns. I know it is stupid but we are in the south and some of these poeple are crazy. We saws some fireworks out of our window last night and those poeple must have sent a ton of money b/c they were the good ones.

Cherie I know that things will work out for you. You are such a great person and good things come to good people. I think sometimes we just get everything thrown at us at once. Do you really think that moving will put a strain on you and Alan? You guys have been together for a long time.

Noelle I am the same way with my camera. I will have it in the car for no reason at all but the first day that I take it out I need it. It sounds like it was a pretty cool day. Did Michael enjoy himself too?

Dips I love having July 1st as a b-day. It feels like everyone is celebrating for me. A girl at work's duaghter was born on July 4th too. What a good month. Are you guys still hot up there? We are just waiting on the rain from TS Cindy right now. It moved a little to the east so I don't think we will get the weather that they thought we would.

I wanted to know if I could get all of your b-day's. If you don't want to post them you can PM me with it. I want to make a non dated calander for all of our family and friends. If it isn't dated I can just carry it over each year. I am tired of not remembering until the last minute. Ok, one of my fav. shows is on. I'll check back later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:52 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, just checking in. Our 4th of July was pretty tame. We didn't drive out and see any shows or displays but we did burn a few of our own. Michael had a karate class despite the holiday since in 2 weeks the white belts will be testing for their next level. I don't know if he's ready yet, but there's still 4 more classes to get a handle on what's needed to pass.

Cherie, nice to have you back! Sorry the races sucked for ya but you had a great time right? I'm crossing my fingers for you on getting that duplex you want andc that raise you deserve! I'm w/Julie on giving you hugs and a shoulder to cry on or lean on...wish we all lived closer so we could have built in sitters for those needed nights out. I know everything will work according to plan.

Kempy, how ya hangin' from your b-day weekend? I know i could've used an extra day to sleep How do your dogs do w/the fireworks and stuff? My mom's dog is such a freak, she shivers and shakes if you even clap your hands loud. She was a nervous wreck last night. My pup on the other hand was a champ, not even a flinch when the smoke and noise started.

Dips, you sound like you had a great time with your family. Your family numbers sound like our get togethers. The more the merrier, eh? But nice to get away and have some peace and quiet too.

Cal, hope you're enjoying your vacation. Doesn't Alberto's nephew come in soon? Drive and travel safe.

Hi to Angie and everyone...gotta run for now, dinner's starting to smoke on the stove :fire:
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:04 AM   #7  

Well, it is the morning after the storm and of course it is beautiful outisde. We really didn't get much in the way of wind last night but it rained a good bit. Right now it is bright blue skies and it is nice and breezy. I bet thought by 12 it will be hot as heck again. Plus, the humidity will be back with all of this water around. Now we just have to look out for Denise. They think that will be next Monday but I have no idea exactly where it is going.

Noelle the dogs don't mind the fireworks. Afterall they are hunting dogs so they hear the gun fire a good bit.

I really should be celaning the house today but I wanted to let you guys know that we are all safe and sound.

I hope to see all of us post today. I'll be back later to chat more.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:21 AM   #8  

Good Morning...

Kempy.. I am glad to hear you are OK from that storm.. I was watching it a little. Isn't there another one coming that way? Or is it on it's way to Florida? Your birthday weekend sounds like a great weekend. Glad you had a great time... as for my birthday.. I will turn 38 this month on the 23rd. I can't believe another year has gone by so quickly. Tomorrow I will be at this new job for a year now... guess I can't say it's new anymore can I?

Noelle.. thanks... I wish we all lived closer too. I need girls friends to hang out with.

Well, I am still waiting to hear about my application I turned in yesterday. He said I should know something by noon on Friday. The waiting is stressing me out... I'm still not sure if I am doing the right thing, mainly stressed I guess that I won't have enough to cover the relocation. My company is giving me $1500 however, 400 of that is going for the deposit, and to get people to move me from my 3rd floor apartment from OKC to Norman is going to cost an arm and a leg... and I will have gas and water deposits too, and new daycare costs AND.. I realized, I am going to have to find a used fridge because the duplex doesn't come with one... so all that is stressing me out, not to mention knowing I will have to do all the school stuff for the girls all over again, and that is going to take time... so.. I am worrying and stressing and I get really emotional.. so I am not doing too good today. I know it will be FINE once it is all over with, but its that time in the middle that always gets me.

OK.. well, I am going to go finish up my journal entries.... then I have to bug my HR director to see when I will get the salary increases, then I'll start working on payroll that I have to run on Tuesday... and then.. and then and then

talk soon.... Cherie
Old 07-06-2005, 12:00 PM   #9  

Hi Girls

Kempy glad you are all right. Enjoy those blue skies. Right now it is cool here but later this week we are going to be hot and humid. That is awesome about the surprise party. I am glad it was your best birthday ever. My day is on the 12th of September. The big thirty!! For my kids birthday when I was in a party store doing some shopping I saw some really funny gifts for my mom I might have to pick up for her 50th birthday this fall. Among them were a bra that had the number 50 on each cup and the bra cups hung like a pair of socks. I am going to have to go back there,LOL.

Cherie, you poor thing. Your little mind must be working on over time non-stop. Hang in there. Your girls will adjust with the new school. It is easier on them when they are younger. More easy with change when they are young. You know me, I am a constant worrier, I mean bad. So when I feel myself getting worked up I think back to a saying I read...."Worry is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do, but will not get you anywhere."
You are soooo right once it is over everything will calm down and be just fine.

Noelle, Angie, Dips, and Cal all of you have a great day. I am going to go try and get some cleaning done too. I am making a promise to myself and I want you guys to hold me to it!! I do not want to snack after dinner anymore. That is when I totally lose it. Last night I made a huge pan of homemade lasanga and green beans. So I was full, BUT then I made a little pan of pineapple crisp with a tiny scoop of ice cream. I had such bad heartburn before bed I was feeling yuck. You know the yuck when you drink too much and say I am never going to do that again ?? Okay I will check later.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:36 PM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey guys. I just wanted to check in...this is the first chance I havent been working today so I wanted to say hi before I go to bed. This week at the bakery has been just as busy as this weekend so that is good but on the other hand I havent had a day off from work for 2 weeks so I am very tired. But the money is helping alot since my washer decided to die on me this week. haha

I am dreading tomorrow because I have to make 20 pies again. I hope I can find the time to get the pastries done. I have a cake on order that I did tonight and tomorrow I have to do another one.

Well, I am off to bed but I wanted to say hi. I will try to do individual posts tomorrow

Cherie, I am thinking of you. Good luck with your apartment.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #11  

Hey guys. Off to work but I wanted to bump us up. I'll be back later today.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #12  

Good Morning Kempy and to all, thanks for bumping us up. Check back later.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:20 AM   #13  

Good Morning....

Angie... You sound so busy.. good luck with those pies today! Wow..

I'm doing ok... which is not as good as OK. Still stressed, still don't know about the duplex and things got a little worse yesterday, after talking to my ex.

He went to his cancer doctor on Tuesday. He has been through some really bad pain in his hip, not able to walk very well, using a cane. Well, from the MRI he had, he has a tumor growing in his hip bone... and the tumor on his spine is back, and growing again, back up to the size of a quarter. They can do radiation on his hip, to help with the pain, however, they can't do anything more for his spine. He has had his limit of radiation for that part of his body. He has said that he isn't going to go through the pain he went through when the tumor on his spine first started growing, and that he wasn't going to go through what his mom went through either... I am so sad... the doctors have pretty much said there is nothing more we can do. Here take these drugs to help with the pain. That's it. So my kids are going to be left without a father. Honestly, if he is around at Christmas, they will be very very lucky.

So.... I'll be here .. right now, I am just trying not to get swallowed up by the depression that I am feeling ..... Sorry guys... I hate feeling this whiny.

I'll check back in later.

Cherie
Old 07-07-2005, 11:29 AM   #14  

Oh Cherie, I am crying right now with ya after reading your post. I am so sorry and sad for you and the girls. I can't imagine the feelings you are having right now. We can be here for some support for you during this difficult time. Please don't feel like you are being whiny, you are not. If talking about it helps you, that is what you should do. I will say some prayers for your family. Remember you are a strong woman and your girls are so lucky to have a wonderful caring mother like you. Hang in there sweetheart.

Angie you are so busy right now. I am happy for you, but I hope you don't to overwhelmed. Wow. 20 pies. Hope you pick out a nice new washer. I would love one of those ones that hold like a king size comforter. Just to do bigger loads, you know??

Have a great day everyone. Hi also to Noelle, Kempy, Dips and Cal.
Check back later on.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:15 PM   #15  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Cherie, that is just terrible news. I am so sorry. We are here if you need to talk, PM or email or whatever. Just know that you are definitely not being whiny. I can only imagine the feelings you are going through. Ex or not, you have a history together and 2 beautiful girls" . You have so much on your plate right now, but as you've shown us before you are a strong woman and a great mother. You will get through this. Hang in there and just know that we are thinking of you and sending prayers for strength and healing for everyone.

Hey Angie, don't wear yourself out if you can help it. Is it the season? Because I'm needing a new washing machine too... So did you make it through the pies and cakes yet? I'm getting hungry

Hi to Julie, Kempy, Dips and everyone...gotta get back to work for now.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 07-07-2005 at 06:18 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote