Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2001, 10:28 AM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls 15~

Starting the new thread. Check out THREAD #14 to see the most recent posts.
Have a great Sunday!
~Pamela~
Old 07-29-2001, 12:23 PM   #2  
Happy Member

Sorry, didn't see the new thread.

For the info on the Whipped Peanut Butter, please see my last 2 posts back on #14.

Later!
Ally
Old 07-30-2001, 12:57 AM   #3  

PJ.thanks for the new thread!

Ally...got that # written down....I'll call for sure! So you ate some right out of the jar...it is so tempting isn't it! Thanks for the info.the nutrional stuff makes since sicne whipped is a lot of air and everything is less except protien! I love my pb and banana sandwhich!

I worked in the yard some trying not to over use my arm, this week is gonna be a scrocher so I tried to get alot done cause I won't be out there in the heat!I have fresh tomatoes!!!!!!!!! yummmmmmmmmmmm but gotta watch my tummy right now! Too much acid!

Last edited by Candicej; 07-30-2001 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-30-2001, 10:28 PM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Evening~

Candice - Beautiful Hibiscus. We used to have them surrounding our entire pool screen but they had to be "trimmed" with the hedge trimmer to keep them looking neat which as you know, prevents them from blooming as much as they should and they were just too much work....so we re-planted them all along the back yard and they've really taken off. I get my digital camera back tomorrow and I'll take some pics.
And fresh tomatoes!!!! Love 'em....if you have extra...send them this way. You lucky thing you. I was supposed to send oranges to so many people from my fathers place but then he had that quadruple by-pass and I just forgot about it, understandably I hope.

Well, I have done well on program today. Not great, but not bad either seeing as how I'm outside in this brutal time of year in Florida. 101 degrees today. I sweat so much and I'm drinking lots of water AND Gatorade. I can wash back one of the big bottles in 60 seconds sometimes.

Guess what!!!! I'm going to be a grandmother.....heh-heh...."Missy" got bred to the Paso Fino today......I had absolutely nothing to do with it......this stallion is only ONE YEAR OLD!!!!!! for pete's sake but he still got her and now we have to call her my "Ho Horse" because she just stood there....
I mean, she WAS a brood mare after her racing days and she obviously knows exactly what to do..... AAAGGGHHHHH!!!! That means 11 months from now I'll have a foul. I'm glad ..... but also worried because anything could happen....it's not all that simple, sometimes things go wrong with the birth or the mare but Missy is in such great shape...my vet told me she could be bred up until the age of 28!!!!!!! I wouldn't do that though......this is it!! But still, I'll be a nervous mother for a while. Speaking of......Jackie is having the time of her life in Martha's Vineyard. They don't have a computer so I'm unable to get or send photos. Oh well, she'll have lots to show me when she gets back on Aug. 6th.

The Peanut butter sounds good. I just might try it myself because I LOVE fluffernutter and PB sandwiches. There's NO fat OR cholesterol in the fluffernutter either. Hmmmm, this could be a very good thing....heh-heh.

Well, that's it from my end ........ just got back from cleaning the stalls. My friend, her husband and their three boys went to Pa. for two weeks and I'm watching her two Arabians and their cockatiel bird for them. There's also another guy coming to the new barn. He's leaving my old barn also.......so that makes three horses that left that barn and came to mine. I feel a little bad .... but not THAT bad....after all, I didn't do ANYTHING but help her. She has no idea what she's doing ... least of all....how to run a barn. So.......what goes around, comes around I suppose.

Here's hoping you're all having a great night tonight....whatever time zone you're in.........

Sweet Dreams my Owl buds,
~Pamela~
Old 07-31-2001, 02:32 AM   #5  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hey Ally - JUST got in. Had to take home the little boy who was sleeping over tonight because he had a bad earache and he wanted his Mom....then he said he wanted to stay here but I told him he could come back tomorrow if he was feeling better. Anyway, that was where I went (just around the corner, right where I keep my horse )......as I was driving back home....I shined the lights into this elderly ladies backyard who I know very well just to check on the five horses that are all together.....she saw me and told me to come in.....I told her I was in my jammies and she said......SO AM I, now get your tookiss in here. LOL......we wound up having some wine and talking until I looked at the clock and realized I would never be able to get up in the am if I didn't leave right then and there. Anyway, sorry I missed you on the chat board. When I was there earlier, I almost peed my pants.....the group of people that I was chatting with were hysterical. Wish I could have stayed on a little longer and I DID tell them I'd be back in about 10 minutes. Oh well, YES....it WAS the PJ you knew. LOL...and yes, the cable enabled me to stay logged in....heh-heh. Hopefully I'll catch you on there some time soon. Tonight was the first time in about a week that I'd been there.
"See" ya in the morning.

Last edited by PJ; 07-31-2001 at 02:35 AM.
Old 07-31-2001, 10:36 AM   #6  
Happy Member

Hey PJ,
I thought it must've been you!! When I got in the room, they said I had "just missed the crowd." Figures. LOL

I've been in there before with 2 of those ladies before and they are a HOOT! (pardon the nightowl pun!) They made me laugh now both the times I've met them in there. DH had gone to bed and I wonder what he thinks I'm doing while sitting here chuckling to myself. ("what kind of kinky chat room is she really in anyway?")

So, Missy went and got herself knocked up, eh? What a hussy! LOL. What, if any, are the dangers of her being in foal at her age? Is the Paso Finos owner going to make a claim on the foal at all?

My "old man" and I had a great ride the other day. I stayed at the barn for hours...DH was pretty hungry when I got home at 8 pm, but he understands.

Sounds like a really cool neighborhood you live in. Nice neighbors, horses in spitting distance...ah. There is a farm across the street from "my" barn (yeah, I wish) that is for sale. Gawd, to be able to quit my job (have lots of $$ of course) to run that barn.....what a dream! IMO, you never know, you know? Not good to give up on dreams!!

Candice and PJ--All that talk about tomatoes has me craving them. Gotta get some soon!!
Hope all is well with our other Owlie friends who've been quiet lately. HI there!!
"See" y'all later!!
Ally
Old 07-31-2001, 12:28 PM   #7  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Good Morning, er afternoon Ally -

No, Lee is the landowner and he's just a "good ole boy" who was waiting for me to make up my mind about who I wanted to breed Missy with....either the Arabian or his Paso because he wants to geld him and they have to be "done" between 6 months and a year. And no....the fowl will be all mine. This is the man who built me a $1200.00 fence just because I asked and he said "Is that what you want"????? and I said (not expecting him to be serious) "yes, it is as a matter of fact. LOL".....and he said "Ok, let's do it......just get me a total of 4 horses in here and I'll be happy....but no more than 4"......I said "done deal, within 4 days I had all four there. LOL>............Anyway, I'm looking for a nice buggy for Missy for when whe gets too big to ride.......it will keep her in shape and will probably bring back lots of her memories of her racing years. 21 is NOT old for a horse......especially for a brood mare. Now 40 would be pushing it. LOL.....Actually, she's just a pleasure horse for me. I do a little dressage, mostly english and sometimes western with her. But she like the full cheek snaffle the best......it helps with her commands. She's finally responding to my legs now too. I plan on getting my camera today and will take pics this evening to show you. I started a new webpage and will post the link late tonight. Want ot meet in the chat room again? LOL.......what a "hoot"......

Well, gotta go.....I'm on my way to the barn to "pick out some feet".....horse feet that is..heh-heh. All three of them could use a bath so I've got my work cut out for me. Atleast MY house is clean and neat so I wont have to come home after that and clean some more. I'll "see" ya later.

Hello to all you invisible owls....
Old 07-31-2001, 07:25 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone,

I lost 1.8#'s this week, what a bummer, I missed my 10% goal by .6, oh well there is always next week and I am happy with my loss.

PJ, or should I say Grammy, heh, heh! Well Congratulations on the new expected addition. I know you are thrilled and I am sure Jackie is too. Sounds like you are having a ball.

Candice, the hisbiscus is gorgeous, you must really have a green thumb.

Alley, you are soooo right, never give up on your dreams, you just never know.

Well off to check out the whipped peanut butter, sounds like heaven.

Bren
Old 08-01-2001, 12:17 AM   #9  
Happy Member

Yeah, Brenda!!

Wow, you are really truckin' along aren't you? Congrats on the loss! Hey, maybe next week, you can celebrate your 10% and I'll celebrate 50# gone with you!!!

Hey PJ, I was in the chat room for a while tonight. I think I'm getting hooked, LOL!! lol

Ally
Old 08-01-2001, 09:53 AM   #10  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Just wanted to let you all know I might not be online for a day or so. We're expecting a very large storm and that ususally means no cable. sooooo, I'm off to batten down the hatches at the barn and run to the bank to get some extra cash, gas station to get some gas....and then the grocery store to keep my big A**.......Just kidding...I was kind of on a roll there...

All kidding aside, I really DO have to do those things so I'll catch you all later.

Last edited by PJ; 08-01-2001 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-01-2001, 10:54 AM   #11  
Happy Member

PJ-
Here's hoping the worst of it never comes!! Hope all goes well.

Ally
Old 08-01-2001, 09:11 PM   #12  

Default Confession Time!!

Yikes, I was soooooooo very bad today. I didn't take a lunch to work which I have been doing for about 2 months now. And I can't say I forgot it, I purposely said the **** with it. I knew they were having pasta and meatballs. Sooooo for breakfast I was good. I had an orange, then came lunch. I had a big plate of pasta and a big meatball, 2 slices of italian bread with 1 pat of butter, a small side salad & a iced tea guzzler(which is like 2 pts) Oh it was sooooooo good but who knows how many points First of all everything there is home-made and absolutely delicious. Second of all the whole meal w/drink only cost me $3.25, you can't beat that. And no I am not done yet. I went back to my office and everyone was talking about the brownies so yes I succumbed and went back and bought one, these were huge brownies, about 4"X4" with chocolate chips all through it and a thick chocolate frosting on it. No still not done, on the way to the gym after work I stopped at mcdonald's and ate a large fry all by myself, then I went to the gym did 30 minutes on the weight machines and 10 minutes on the bike. Well I just got home and ate a single serving size bag of fritos I feel horrible and ashamed now. I vow to get back on Program first thing in the morning and stay there for awhile. So anyway, I confessed and now it is time to move on. I hope I can still make my 10% goal on tuesday, gotta be real good til then.

Alley, thank you and congratulations, you are doing sooooooooooo awesome. I am so happy for you, lets make our goals together this week.

Pj, I am sorry about all the storms, they finally stopped here and I guess I inadvertantly sent them down there. Anyway hang in there and get back here as soon as you can so we know you are allright.

Where are all the missing owls? Setina, how ya feeling, Emmy(I know you are lurking)All the rest of you come on out and play even if it is just to say a quick hello.

Bren
Old 08-01-2001, 10:24 PM   #13  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

HA HA HA HA HA

Oh Bren .......You know me so well..and yes I have been lurking...at least every other day and feeling guilty about not posting, But to be honest I just felt like I had nothing to offer ......I am not counting points but I AM drinking my water. But that's where it stops.I need to do better!!

So Bren did your boss ever get over being upset and I am SURE you were not involved!!! Some great weight loss you've got going on there!!!

PJ...I am LOVING every minute of your horse/barn stories and it looks like the weight is really coming off for you!! Keep it up!!!

Candice...Boy you really have a green thumb!! I am sooo jealous...I have almost killed my ONLY geranium. Hope your arm feels better!

Alley ,,,Sounds like you are doing well too. To share with you and PJ...when I was a girl I REALLY wanted a pony but we didn't have the space for it... I was so desperate that I braided thick yarn and tied it to the handle bars of my bike to make a "bridle" I rode my bike all that summer using that "bridle" for steering. I lived in the country too so it wasn't a smooth ride..LOL The bad part was that our neighbor had a huge cow pasture right behind our house I did finally get over it...to a degree...but I think that is one reason I enjoy you guys "horse stories" so much!

Tara...Thanks for the email...hope to see you here some!!!

Did I see Stel here?!?!?!?! GREAT to see you!!

Hello to Setina and SueBee and all you other owls out there !!

Gonna try to do better....

emmy
Old 08-02-2001, 10:06 AM   #14  

Hi All

Just a quick hello gotta get going.
Its going to be a scorcher today 90's and humid YUK! I hate humid. Its been very busy around here but just wanted to let you know I am still around and to say Hello.

PJ - My horse Dream is doing great, have a new trainer working with her this week why my other one is on vacation. May be swithcing, I really like what I am seeing.
I have not been riding her, since my fall last year I just have no faith in myself anymore, always afraid I am not giving the aids properly etc.. etc.. I am riding my other mare though. I am hoping to get my physical condition in better order and start riding her in the spring.
More later I will email you.

Well ladies I hope all is well with everyone, will be back soon gotta get out there and ride before it gets to hot.
Old 08-02-2001, 10:23 AM   #15  
Happy Member

Brenda-
I'm so glad you have adopted the "put it behind me and move on" attitude about your day. BTW, all of that sounded so DEEEELISH! I don't know if I would have been able to resist that either. Just the smell would have made me go crazy! (spaghetti and meatballs--my moms of course--is my favorite) My family is really helping me out though. (I'm talking not only of DH, but parents, sisters, etc) They must know how serious I am about it because last weekend when we had a cook-out, they bought me CAFFIENE FREE Diet Coke, and made sure they had plenty of salad fixins. The time before that, my sister (who herself was trying out the Marilou Henner no meat, no dairy thing....I think has given up on that though) got these great specialty store-made veggie burgers. They were awesome too.
Anyhow....sorry the spaghetti and meatballs got me off track. lol
Don't beat yourself up about having a "bad" day. Could've been worse, right? And I admire you for still making it to the gym! You go girl!!

Emmy-
Wow! You know what? I used to pretend my bike was a horse too!! lol One time, I made our garage into a "barn" and each bike had a "stall." Geez, I haven't thought of that in years! Good job on keeping up with the water. I find that's the first thing to go when I go off program. Yesterday, my goal was to drink 100 oz and I did it!! At times felt like I was choking it down, but for the most part, it wasn't too hard.

Hey speaking of CF Diet Coke...(above), which is my favorite drink, I heard that the makers are going to put a lemon flavoring in it. I HATE lemon in my soda. They better not put it in there just "in general" I hope they still have no-lemon flavor. I'm not a big fan of Diet Pepsi, either. Whenever waitresses put lemon on/in my glass of soda, I always end up taking it right out. Makes the iced tea lovers I'm with happy because they get an extra lemon.

Hope you're OK PJ!! Satellite pics on TV look scary over Florida!
And that your arm is ok, Candice!
Hey Judy, Tara, SueBee, SLF, Stel and all you other lurkers out there! Do a fly-by and say hello! See? Brenda got Emmy to come out! Penny, how's YOUR horse(s)?
Later, Owls!
Ally
Closed Thread