Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 09:20 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters for a Hot July

Hi everyone,
Here we go with a new month and a new healthy-eating month.

Sis, I'm sorry but I've never heard of hyperinsulinism. I am so sorry your daughter has that and has to worry about a special diet. That's just not fair! Please keep us informed about her progress!
So sorry you are having to work such awful hours, too.

Happy Canada Day to Mimi and Maureen!!!!!!!!! My husband just told me it was today. Were y'all off work today?
I'm ready for the 4th of July. I have plenty of chicken breasts to grill and other healthy things to eat. It'll just be the 2 of us. We're not having or going to a party. Is anyone going somewhere? Who goes to the fireworks display? We used to but it's just too hot. Today the heat index was 105.

Everyone please post!
Tina
Old 07-01-2005, 09:32 PM   #2  
Susan

Happy Friday,

Tina, thanks for starting us off this month. It's hard to believe that it's July already.

Sis, I've never heard of it either. Let us know how your daughter is doing. It's just not fair that she has to follow a special diet.

Amy, how is everyone doing?

Tammy, what's up with you? How long will Tim be gone?

We aren't doing anything special either for the 4th. Pat's going to be on vacation all week and we are going to build some fences. Of course it will be very hot!!! We can sit in our back yard and watch the big fireworks display which is about 2 miles away as well as those in the surrounding little cities. It's great.

Hope you have a great evening. Oh and Happy Canada Day too!!!! What do you do for this occasion? Sorry, I have no idea.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:50 PM   #3  

Hi Ladies:
We have fireworks too, BBQ's camping etc.
I worked three hours this morning, but was off by noon.
The big fireworks display in the area is at the University of Waterloo. The students put in on for the community. I went a few times when the kids were small, They have food pony rides face painting, rock bands, lots of stuff for kids. Its fun but the parking is bad and you have to walk about half a mile to park and it takes forever to get out of there. It is chilly here tonight about 15C degrees about 60F for y'all.
Dan and I worked in the yard for a bit today, it was nice to not feel like a melting popsicle out there, and we have the windows open tonight for the first time in a week.
Happy Birthday to the USA
Old 07-02-2005, 07:58 AM   #4  

Amy, go to the convention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sis, I don't know anything about hyperinsulinism either.

Susan, turkey hot dogs are a hit with you, huh? When we were in PA, there was a hot dog place right across from the hotel. They had a menu with a zillion different ways to have a hot dog. I was boring. I had onions and mustard on mine. Mine looked pretty sad compared to what others were eating. But it was yummy!!

Tim called again yesterday from Paris. When they were in London, he saw Prince Charles and Camilla! He was pretty excited about seeing someone famous. He said they were about 4 feet from them, so that's pretty darn close. Did he get a picture? He couldn't get his camera ready fast enough!

He called this morning from the Eiffel Tower. They were eating lunch. He forgot about the 6 hour time difference, so it was 7:12 when he called here. He said, Oops! They are having a great time. I keep reminding him that he can throw away socks and underwear to make room for my gifts. lol

That's all for now.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:57 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,
I love hot dogs---any kind. Well, I can do without saurkraut (sp?). Yuck, that stuff smells. Larry used to eat a lot of it on hot dogs because it was 0 pts. I just couldn't stand the smell.
I cannot believe how hot it is tonight. At 9 o'clock, the heat index was still 104 F. It's only the first week of July and we're into the hot summer.

Tammy, it sounds like Tim is having a ball. Do you have a stack of stuff for that garage sale? A clothing donation truck is coming by next week. I hope I can find enough to give them.

Susan, are you burning up? Have you taken any more pets to the vet?
Mimi, how are you?
Sis, how is your daughter?
Amy, I bet it's hot in SA.

Where are our other posters?
Old 07-03-2005, 10:53 AM   #6  
Susan

It is going to be a hot one today!

Our neighbors on each side of us have decided that at 12:45 am that they need to shoot off fireworks. I wake up and then can't go back to sleep. It is making me mad. Of course Pat sleeps right through it. I wish they would be considerate of those sleeping. The one that is closest to us shoots those screamers off. UGH!!!!

Tina, I love hot dogs too. My dad, brother and I all love them. I think Amy likes them too but not sure if she loves them like us. I do like saurkraut too. Yum!!!

Tammy, glad Tim is having a good time. That's cool that he saw royality.

Amy, what plans do you have? Are you going over to mom and dad's? Oh yea, they are having something Monday, because they wanted us to come down for it.

Mimi, Is it still cool there or did the heat return? How is cooking school going for you son?

Where is everyone else???? We miss you!
Old 07-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #7  

I love saurkraut!!!

You would not believe the things I have for the garage sale. My closet has half as many clothes in it as it had a few days ago. If I haven't worn it in over a year, it's going in the sale. Our hall closet will be "empty" soon too. I have 4 winter coats in there, a few jackets, and a cape. I'm getting rid of 3 of the coats, 2 of the jackets, and the cape.

I have 2 large boxes of books that I brought from the 2nd grade room to sell. I left plenty there for the next teacher. I have spent so much money on books over the years, so now I can make a few bucks and buy some new ones for the 4th grade room. Rhonda left some of hers in there for me to use until I retire.

We have a stereo in the basement that probably hasn't been used 3 times since we've lived here. It's going in the sale.

Bob and Tim are being sneaky. They planned to put one of our riding mowers in the sale. It's a Snapper, and it is the one that I can mow with. The other one is too big, and I'm just not comfortable. Well, they decided they are selling mine so I won't be able to mow. When I do, I always end up hurting, so then they won't have to worry about me. I'll show them. I'll get on the big one and go crazy! I'd probably drive it into the creek at the back of our property. lol

I've been standing in the kitched with cupboards open seeing what I can get rid of. This is becoming an obsession! I keep thinking that if we are going to downsize in the next couple of years, I'd rather get rid of things a little at a time instead of when it has to be done.

I have written a novel here! We are doing steaks for supper with salad. Yummy. Bob had to work this morning, and he is working tomorrow morning.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:44 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Wow, Tammy I need you to come clean out my closets. When I thought we might have to move, I cleaned 2 closets. I stopped when we were going to stay put. In a few years, we hope to move out of this house. I need you to come help me.
We ate out at Olive Garden today. Susan is your mouth watering yet?
I got the lunch-size spaghetti with meat sauce. I was such a good girl.

Tomorrow morning we are going to a funeral. My brother-in-law's brother-in law died yesterday. The funeral is in a little town 1 1/2 hrs from here. We didn't have plans for the morning......just sleep. We will probably grill outside in the afternoon.
Have I mentioned that it's HOT!!!!!!! (excuse me for yelling) The heat index is 105. I wish we had a pool. I would stay in it all the time.
Everyone have a great rest of the day.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:05 PM   #9  

We love Olive Garden!!! I love the salad and the breadsticks.

Sorry about you having to attend a funeral Tina.

It has been about 90 most of the day today. I've stayed inside except when I've carried things out to the garage. We have an attached garage and then another one behind the house. We have the sale in the one out back.

Our steaks were delicious for supper. We are having it again tomorrow. Bob grabbed 2 steaks at work to bring home. It wasn't until he opened them that he saw that they were the thick cut! We ended up splitting one, and we're planning to have the other one tomorrow when he gets home from work. We also had strawberries for supper. It was a healthy meal for once! I talked him out of mashed potatoes and gravy. He was serious!

We both checked our sugar levels the other day a couple hours after breakfast. Bob's was over 200. Mine was 105. Think he should be a little more serious about this diabetes business?
Old 07-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #10  

What are these?
.................................................. .................................................. ................
.................................................. .................................................. ...............
.................................................. .................................................. ...............

ANTS!!!!!!
Thats right thousands of them in my cupboard.
Yikes! I was off to the store at 9;30 last night to get ant spray. I won't forget to spray the doorstop again this year.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:33 PM   #11  
Susan

Happy 4th of July

It's HOT here too!!! I'm ready for fall. Don't you just love Texas, there are 2 seasons summer and summer!!!

Tina, I'm jealolus, I love Olive Garden (I love just about anyplace) I hope you ate some breadsticks for me.

Tammy, come clean my closets, please!!!! Ilike the idea fo Tim and Bob putting the mower out in the sale, you DON"T need to be mowing!!!

Mimi, I hate ants! I hope you got them all. Sorry you had to go out so late to get spray.

I think we are going to grilled some T-bone steaks tonight too. Pat makes the best. I would rather have his than going out. YUM!!! I'll grill some squash for me. If ya'll were close I would give you all squash and cumcumers. I have my fair share of them from my garden.

Well, I've cried once today! I miss Seamus so much. This time last year was my last few days of being pregnant, I got put in the hospital on the 7th and he was born on the 10th. I was looking at his picture in a frame that Amy gave me, it says "Angel at first sight" I was thinking how cute his little nose was. He looked so much like me.... ok, got to stop I'm crying again.

You all are the best!!! Have a happy and safe 4th.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:39 PM   #12  

Happy 4th everyone!

Sue, I am right there with you. You would think that I was the one that gave birth to Séamus. I miss our little angel very much.

Today I am not in much of a partying mood. Yesterday, Rob (my husband) went to Lake Travis in Austin for a deep Scuba dive of 125 feet. On his decent he started having sever ear pain and was dizzy. His instructor, told him it would pass and to go deeper. Well to make a long story short I was up all night watching him for signs of Nitrogen Narcosis(a sickness of divers). Needless to say I didn't sleep because I kept my eyes on him and kept replaying his story of him running out of air and having to share his buddies and getting lost at 100 ft.

Be safe this evening and try to stay cool
Old 07-04-2005, 07:30 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

I hope everyone has had a safe, fun day.

Amy, that's quite a story about your husband. Is he doing okay? I hope so.
That's one thing I never want to do----diving. I'll snorkle but that's it.
Susan, I'm sorry you've had a bad day.
Tammy, your steaks sound so good. Larry is fixing hamburgers.

Except for the funeral, it's been a great 4th for us.
I hope everyone continues to have a good one.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:27 PM   #14  

Mimi, so sorry about the ants!! They can be a pain, can't they?

Susan, I wish I was there to give you a hug! Take care.

Amy, tell your husband that I said he can't go diving again.

Our neighbors got home today from Seattle. They've been gone a month, so it was nice to have them home. Brought them up-to-date on Tim's trip. He's in Switzerland now. I told him to say hello to Heidi and Grandpa for me. He thinks I'm strange. lol

I had some books on the shelf that I had never gotten around to reading. Now I'm trying to read them so I can put them in the garage sale! I feel like I'm cramming for finals!!
Old 07-04-2005, 09:02 PM   #15  
Susan

Hi,

Hope everyone is having fun this evening. We arent' doing anything. We went for a long ride (exploring) and ended up eating hamburgers about 3 so we aren't fixing steaks tonight. Not only did I have a hamburger, I had onion rings too. That's ok because it's just too hot out there! We'll watch the fireworks (I think I told you we could see them from our backyard) If it's still hot we might watch them from the bedroom window. I've done that before too.

Amy, tell Rob I would hate to have to come down there and smack him I hope you got some rest and he is doing better.

Tina, sorry about the funeral but glad it's been a good day.

Tammy, I would love to go to Switzerland! Glad your neighbors got home safely.
Closed Thread