Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-27-2005, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Cool Runners #12 June 27-July 3

Late start today...Those crazy Mondays!

Well the new week is starting off pretty HOT here. Doing weights today and running tomorrow morning. Hope eveyrone is doing well so far this week.

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Day off Monday after 16k Sunday am. This morning I was out the door at 6:30 hoping to beat the heat. I failed. It was hot and humid anyway. I managed 9k with the middle 4k near 10k race pace anyway. And felt dizzy by the time I got home. Reminder to self: when it's hot and humid, you need to bring water even if you are doing less than 10k. More hot days to come too.

I hope everyone else is surviving the heat!
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:31 AM   #3  
Made my Goal weight!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this....my running program is awesome, I am loving the challenge...
PLUS my weight seems to be peeling off....my goal weight was 120 and today I weghed myself at 117.4..........OMG, I cant believe it...but I have never looked and FELT better in my LIFE...yay

I am sooo glad to see everyone is still running or at least trying in this awesome heat wave...I have been running on the track at the gym, but it is soooooooooooooo hot in there, but at least I dont have to worry about getting a sunburn while running!!

Happy Tuesday everyone

Leanne
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:19 AM   #4  

Leanne- Awesome job! Congrats!

I also got up and ran at 6:30 this morning and failed to beat the heat. It was hot and humid! Definitely was feeling it by the end of my 5K and my time was slow...But I feel good about having my run done for the day. Another 5K scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully it will rain and cool off by then. In the meantime drinking lots of water and staying inside.

I am totally looking forward to my 10mile race at the end of August. I have run the 8k at that race before and volunteered there several years. It is ALWAYS hot and sunny so maybe this weather is good practice. Plus, there is this killer hill in the middle of the race. I need to go find one around here to practice one.

SJ
Old 06-30-2005, 08:27 AM   #5  

I woke up at 5something yesterday morning. I briefly considered getting up and running. Then realized that I was already hot and sweaty just lying in bed under a window fan. Forgot about running and went back to sleep.

The worst of the heat wave seemed to break last night here, so I was out the door at 6 this morning. I did yesterday's workout that I skipped, 5 hill repeats plus running there and back for a total of 12.5k.

SJ, running in the heat and humidity is probably good training for a late August race, depending on where you live (the hottest part of summer is usually well over by then here).

Leanne, glad to here your training program is going well. But I want to know why running doesn't make the lbs melt off of me the way it seems to work for you!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:17 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

I can't believe where the week has gone!! I ran Sunday 12K and Tuesday 4k, I must run tonight!! Yesterday I did legs at the gym so I don't run when I do legs... Today I made it to the gym early but my chest, shoulder and tricep workout took so long that I had to leave the gym. Hopefully after a full day I won't be too tired to run, I'm a wuss at night

I think the heatwave has passed here too... It's a very dull day today though I want
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:46 AM   #7  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Slow thread this week! Though I shouldn't complain, since I haven't posted yet!

Monday I ran somewhere between 4 and 5 K, but I was on the indoor track and lost track of how many laps I'd run. I know it was at least 20 laps, which is 4K, but it could have been a few more. Tuesday was circuit training, a pretty good workout this time. My behind is feeling those squats! Wednesday was intervals, one lap really fast, one lap recovery for 2 miles (16 laps). What a workout! I was exhausted after that one -- but I think the intervals really make a difference. Maybe next week I will try to do 20 laps instead -- I don't think I'm ready to try running fast for further than 1 lap.

Today is more circuit training, then tomorrow I don't know yet, maybe an easy 2 miles, maybe a timed mile, maybe I'll be really lazy and do the bike instead.

Saturday my bf and I leave for Indianapolis, for a week's vacation visiting his folks. I'm going to try to get some running in while we're there, but I don't know if I can handle the heat and humidity (and bugs!).
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:47 AM   #8  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

I will be starting my "Couch to 5K" 9 week course on Monday 4th!

I'll come back after I get started, but I am really happy to see a Coolrunning thread!
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:28 AM   #9  

Happy Independance Day to the Canadians! It's been a slow week here and that is probably why. The weather finally broke and it is quite comfortable here with the promise of a gorgeous long weekend ahead for our own Independance Day. Yeah! Today is my day off running and tomorrow a long run.

Stef-Welcome, good luck with your Couch 2 5k.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:46 AM   #10  
Made my Goal weight!

Happy Canada day everyone!!

Lol, Only me...yes, I think running, chasing after three kids, and it being too hot to eat much is all a factor in my weight....
Yesterday I ran outside, and it was SOOO busy on the base here, I felt like people were STARING at me....which normally I wouldnt mind, except I was running, sweating and squinting from the sun...hahahahah...

Lots going on today, the base turns 100 years old today....so I will be in the sun all afternoon..yay, hope that'll make my kids sleep great tonight...

Have a great weekend everyone...I am going to ENJOY my day off (from runnning) today ....back to the grind tomorrow

Leanne
CW 117
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:15 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

I finally did a 5k on the dreadmill this morning along with a great back and bicep workout... there is no way I will run in this heat... There are many activities around town today, but I am staying home near my pewl!!

Leanne congrats on the weight loss

Happy Canada Day everyone !!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:51 PM   #12  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Okay i MUST RUN. I have lost motivation this week because my schedule has been hectic and getting up in the mornings have been crazy. As of last week Wednesday I went on a sabbatical and I was SUPPOSEd to start running again This WEDNESDAY but nada nope didn't do it. I am determined to run even if I don't run I WILL WALK! You guys really motivate me with your accomplishments and I want to put my fitness accomplishment goals in here too "whining" Okay well the good thing is I sneaked and hopped on the scale and it read 254 which is less than 260 but I'm not recording anything until Saturday my official 2 week weighin. Oh yes and a NSV I was able to fit into my husbands jeans woohooo!! He's a little bit smaller than me and I could never pull his jeans past my thighs. Well today they slid right over my hips and were incredibly comfortable. Okay beyond all that I am getting my BUTT back in gear and fitness is my goal
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #13  
Ilene the Bean

Go Dawson Go
Old 07-03-2005, 09:04 AM   #14  

Canada Day is moving day around here. Since we look after a couple of small apt buildings, it's been busy for us. The heat fully broke with a thunderstorm on Friday evening, so I got up early and when for a short run Saturday morning. It was beautiful--cool, sunny and breezy. This morning was my long run. I was out the door at 6am, ran 22km, and was back around 8:10. It felt so much better running in cooler temperatures!

Happy 4th of July to all you Americans!

Ilene, I hope you managed to relax this long weekend.

Ok, MrsD, get out there and report back!

Leanne, I've got the same factors going on. I'm guessing it's my ice cream habit that's keeping me from losing weight. When it's too hot to eat, that's all I want.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

Thank you for asking OnlyMe, I certainly did plenty of R & R, I feel ready for a new week of travel... This morning I got out to run too late it took everything to do 10k between 8 and 9am... It was a scorcher by 9am ... When I got home from my run I hopped on my bike and rode 20k...