Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 08:57 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #55

G'day everyone,

Gloria yes some wine does make you go to asleep but the problem is that you (at least I did) only sleep for a few hours and then lie awake all night.
I am sleeping better, not huge amounts but a 6 to 7 hour sleep is pretty good.
Your trip to Cape Cod sounds good. Some of the best things about a trip is doing all the preparations.

Glenda what a pain this 'friend' of yours, I really dislike people who cannot be honest. My sister-in-law is a bit like that, everything is embelished to make the story sound more interesting.
She even told me that she had breast cancer whilst we have been away, receives no treatment, no surgery and when I pushed her for details she said 'I just doesn't want to talk about it'. There have been many times that I have found her stories to be rather fanciful but as I don't make up stories, I don't think that others would and have always sort of believed her. In the past few years I have caught her out so many times 'misrepresenting reality' that I do not believe anything she says.
I am waiting for the time when Matilda sleeps 8 hours, that will be good and to make things like you did with Austin that is so much fun.

Peggy sorry to hear about your arthiritis, I thought when the weather is warm it would not be so bad

I was up early and received a call from my daughter in law to ask if I could care for Matilda whilst she goes for a fitness run down the beach.
You ar going to get sick of this...but Matilda looked like Miss Trendy and of course I had to take photos. An eight week old baby in jeans , I personally prefer them in sweet pastel shades but I guess I am just old fashioned.

I also received emails from most of you regarding our collage....I don't want to sound like a show off but if you have a nice photo of yourself in a group situation, I can always extract you out of those kind of photos.
I will make sure we will all look our very best!

Have a great day all,

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 03-07-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:38 AM   #2  
Fun Blonde

Oh Maria, I am one who thinks the grown up clothes are so cute. Wait till you see her in a halter and mini skirt. (with diaper) My Makenzie just wears really trendy clothes and is so feminine she rips my heart out. Glad you are home. You are such a dynamo.
Glenda
Old 06-28-2005, 07:00 PM   #3  

Just wanted to check in with you guys. Our trip up to Minnesota went great. Sprout is a good little traveler

I've read all real fast so don't remember anything. Will re-read when I get home. Maria your Baby GD is a real cutie.
Bye for now

Karen
Old 06-29-2005, 08:09 PM   #4  

G'day everyone,

The day has come to get away from this computer and start doing some housework!

Karen Great to hear from you and that all is going well and Sprout has been a good traveller. Continue to enjoy your trip.

Glenda we do not disagree on much but I have to disagree on the wearing of grown up clothes by tiny little ones. I love smocked dresses on little girls, little shirts with rosebuds embroidered on the collar.
Having said all of that, I KNOW my d-i-l would hate her in a smocked dress and thinks I am quite weird even liking them!
My d-i-l is sponsored by a sporting goods company, I don't believe the tiny runners she was given for Matilda. They are very cute but at this stage I think little baby booties are more suitable.

Tomorrow I am having a facial and a pedicure. DS and d-i-l gave me a gift voucher for Mothers Day and it is not until now that I am able to use it.
I will seek advice from this beautician regarding the laser treatment for my excess facial hair. You hear of many charletons out there.
I purposely have not done much about it this week so she can see what a huge problem it is and not just a hair here and there.

Off to get this place ship-shape before dh comes home for the weekend.

Cheers
Maria
Old 06-29-2005, 08:46 PM   #5  
Member Florida Chick

Hi Everyone: Well tomorrow is 'bite the bullet day' again as it is weigh-in time. A short week as I just went on Sat. But our regular day is Thursday, unless we run into some problem. So I won't be too disappointed if I don't lose, but I sure want to stay the same.
Maria: I'm with you on the cute little girl clothes. When they are toddling around then there is time for the jeans and runners. I'd call them sneakers. A facial and pedicure sounds very nice. A good gift and thoughtful. Let us know what she has to say about the laser treatment.

Karen: Glad that you all made the trip nicely. It is good to know that Sprout is a good traveler. Makes the trip so much easier. Now that I know you are getting email, I'll send on my questionaire to you. I have enjoyed learning more about everyone.

I'm off now to watch the Dancers. I have found this program to be a lot of fun. It certainly is a lot of work for the non-professional contestants, and also for the professionals to teach them all the steps, etc. I'm rooting for John O'Herley. Don't think I spelled that right, but he is the older grey haired guy, who has really worked hard.

Hi all. 'See' you tomorrow. Ann
Old 06-30-2005, 09:32 AM   #6  
Fun Blonde

Maria, I think our discussion is probably "moot" because being grandmothers, we don't have an awful lot to say about what they are dressed in. Probably because I only had boys I am in a hurry for little girl "stuff", but I know what you are talking about. They grow up so fast.

Karen, I hope you are having a good time. Summer is a good time in Minnesota, I hear. How is your dad and our Little Sprout hasn't disappointed us yet, has he?

All, my mistake with the survey has let all of us find out more about each other than ever before. There weren't a lot of surprises. Just know that I will not remember birthdays. Seems the older I get the better I know the ones in my family and the less I am going to remember anything else.
Glenda
Old 06-30-2005, 07:09 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, I'm new here so I don't know what the protocol is, so i'll just jump in. This group sounds like just exactally what i've been looking for. Someone my own age with some of the same interests.

I pnly had a boy also and when I finally got a granddaughter, also named McKenzie, I love to see her in little dresses. I even offered to iron them! Of course I think she looks adorable in anything, but I want the girlie clothes. And she loves pink and purple (she's 2).

I recentally gotl my first pedicure. I loved it and hope you do too. My feet were a mess and now they are nice and smooth! Hopefully it will be easier to keep them that way. I even got some pink polish!

I'm interested in the hair removal too! Since menopause I'm sprouting a little more than I would like to see! There are so many different types of lasier now. Before it was only for dark hair, but I think now they have it for light hair also
Old 06-30-2005, 08:32 PM   #8  

G'day all,

Welcome 'the slim me' (do you have a name ). It is always nice to have someone new join us.
Mackenzie must be a popular name in the USA, I have not really heard it here. I cannot wait for little Matilda to be 2, I think they are so cute when they are that little bit older, start to chat etc. etc.

Glenda I do agree with you that us grandmothers do not have an awful lot of say with what our grandchildren are dressed in. In fact, I am a little disappointed, I have bought so many clothes and very few have I seen worn by Matilda Obviously I have different taste than d-i-l which of course is perfectly fine. I will constrain myself from buying more clothes unless I am absolutely certain that it is OK.
I am a book freak and one can never buy too many books for little ones. I thought I would have a little library at home for when grandchildren come to visit. I still have many books from when my children were small so I already have a bit of a start.

Ann I hope your 'bite the bullet' day went good. I am now seriously journaling again everything and the scale is going down, ever so slightly but nevertheless DOWN
The dancer program you mentioned sound similar to what we have here but it is called 'Dancing with the stars'. It is professional dancers teaching 'stars' routines which they then perform on the show.
It has been very interesting to see how some of the 'stars' just take to it like a duck to water and others just have 2 left feet

Off to have my pedicure and facial and get advice on where to have the laser treatment done. Cannot wait to get on with the laser treatment. I have done NO removal of hair for 10 days and it feels and looks shocking. I did that on purpose so they can see that I am way beyond a mere bit of plucking

We are looking after Matilda tonight whilst d-i-l plays netball and ds has to MC graduation night at the highschool where he teaches.
I will drive over and dh will take a taxie from the airport on his return from Sydney.
Another busy weekend!

Cheers
Maria
Old 07-01-2005, 07:24 AM   #9  

HI Everyone, Let me telll you a little about myself. I am 57 years old, Married for almost 40 years. Yes, I was way too young. I have 1 son and 2 grandchildren. A boy, Chandler, who's 5 and a GD, McKenzie, who's 2. I still work part time as an RN at a local hospital here in Michigan. I baby sit 2 days a week with my Grandchildren while my son and DIL work. I love to read, work in my flower garden, and I collect antique glasswear. And I love estate jewelry!

I usually walk every day (for exercise and enjoyment) but haven't this week because I have an innerear problem and I'm dizzy. I went to the Dr. Sat. and got antivert and I'm going back again today since it's still there. Not as bad, but it's keeping me from doing the things I want to do.

Got to go get ready now, talk to you later, Freda
Old 07-01-2005, 12:06 PM   #10  
Fun Blonde

Freda, you will fit right in here. We are all (actually, you might be a kid) in that age range. We all have different interests and hobbies, but they usually overlap a bit. I think reading is a common one. I will let everyone introduce herself to you. I am 61, work for a VP at OSU in Stillwater, OK, have 3 grown boys, 7 grandchildren. We all have those little things healthwise and we all try periodically or some, all the time, to lose weight.
Glenda
Old 07-01-2005, 04:49 PM   #11  
Super Surfer

Smile Hi Freda

It is nice that you would like to join us. I am 63, my DH and I are retired and we live in Canada. I had 1 daughter and now have a granddaughter and another baby is on the way. Of course, we all have the weight issue to deal with, sometimes it goes down but it is hard to keep it there.
It is a holiday today, CANADA DAY.. lots of celebrations and fireworks. You USA gals will be celebrating July 4th.
I like little girls in dresses too. My DD dresses the in dresses sometimes and really cute girly outfits, but not anything frilly. I know her taste and so far everything we have bought, she has worn. We baby-sat last night as my DD and SIL went to a football game. She will be 2 1/2 on the 6th. You can have quite a conversation with her. She wanted to play "marching band" last night... She rang a little silver dinner bell I gave her, DH had the Leap Frog drum and I had an xylophone and there were were marching from one room to another. She led the way and the granddog followed behind us. What a sight we must have been
Maria Be sure that you go to a reputable laser removal place. I saw what happened to one poor lady, her face ended up striped.

Have a nice weekend... talk to you later...
Old 07-01-2005, 06:42 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs up

Hi Everyone: Welcome Freda. I am the Granny of the group. We have 14 grandchildren and 3 GGrandchildren. Oh - 75 years young. We have been retired for quite some time, live in a retirement park in Florida and love the life style. I walk nearly everyday and also ride my bike. tonight I will be going to line dancing group. Great exercise and lots of fun

Now to be in a celebration mood. Yesterday was a big surprise to me. i went down 2.2. I couldn't believe it. so I have lost 6.4 since i started back to WW. I just want to get back to my goal that earned me my Lifetime and that is what I want to do by labor day.

Have to go for now, and get ready for the dancing. Talk to you later. Ann
Old 07-01-2005, 07:37 PM   #13  

G'day all,

I am in a rush.....but I just wanted to say Freda sounds like you will fit right in and it is nice to have a new 'face' joining us

I have been married 35 years, I have 2 children, a son and a daughter, both married to partners I approve of , one grand daughter and I am 60 years old.

My husband works for the American company Lucent Technologies and because of his work we travel quite a lot. At the moment I have just been home a week. My home is in Adelaide, South Australia, a lovely part of the world.

I love my garden though it is a bit of a mess at the moment and of course it is winter here.

I also have my own little business, I do photo restoration, manipulation and web design.
You might like to have a look at my website listed below.
http://www.mesdesigns.com.au/

I have been doing some experimenting and here is a website with some of my favourite flowers, all the photos were taken by me or my dh.
http://www.users.bigpond.com/joenlexie/

I am off, busy weekend....

Cheers
Maria

PS Trudy I have a picture in my mind of the marching band
PPS I have an appointment with a laser person next Thursday as recommended by my doctor, so hopefully good.

Last edited by flaggies; 07-01-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:06 AM   #14  

Hi Every one, As you can see, I'm a morning person! I guess it comes from all those years I had to get up and get ready for work. Now I work part time but still can't sleep in. Forgive me if I get some names mixed up untill I get to know you.

Trudy, I can just see you and hubby marching! Something I can imagine doing too. We do things with our grandchildren we didn't do with our children. My son told me "mom, you would never have allowed me to do the things you let the kids do". And he's right! I guess we just relax with age. And, besides, we get to send them home.

Lizzie, You lead such an active life! How great! The line dancing sounds like such fun, can I come along?

Flaggies, I looked at your gardening pictures and they are wonderful! I love working in the yard (much prefer it to housework) but don't have that much of a yard to work with. When we retire I hope to get a house with more land.

I went to the Dr. yesterday and he just gave me more antiver for the dizziness. Said there wasn't much to be done. I already knew that but I was out of medication and i still get dizzy without it. I was supposed to work this weekend (I work every other weekend and 1 day a week) but he gave me a slip to stay home. Today I am actually feeling a little better and may try a short walk. Cross your fingers for me. I had been walking for 30-40 min a day and I miss it.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:43 PM   #15  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Freda welcome to our board. It's nice to "see" a new face. My name is Slavika, and I am 65 years old, married, and also have one son. He married a great gal 15 years ago and we have a grandson who is 11 yrs old and a granddaughter 9 yrs old. We went to our grandson's "graduation" on Thursday. Next school term he will be in grade 7, Jr. high school. He is so excited because on Thursday, my son measured him and I back to back with a level on our heads and we are BOTH 5' 4". He then quickly went and weighed himself and said, "Baba, I weigh 124#, how much do you weigh?" LOL LOL, I told him I weighed a "little more" then that. YIKES....don't I wish.
We sure have had our share of rain. Our son had his ski boat tied to the dock at the lake and late Thursday afternoon he got a call that his boat had been swamped. Fortunately he was able to haul it out of the water, and got the motor dried out. He started one week holiday with his family this past Friday (Canada Day) and it would have been so disappointing if the boat had not been working. We got our grandson a set of new water skis for a passing present, so he would have been very disappointed too if he couldn't use the new skis.
Karen I knew that our little Sprout would prove to be a good traveller. Dogs are just happy to be with the people they love.
Hi Ann don't you feel good when you buy something that is expensive and you get to the counter and it's on sale...YIPPEE
I bought those 100 calorie bags of treats the last time DH and I went to the states and I think they are super. Congrats on the SUPER weight loss.
Maria is Mattie spelled like that or with a "y" at the end? You will not believe how quickly she will grow. She is just a real little doll.
A friend of mine who used to come for tea time had hair removed from her face. I think it took a few sessions but she was pleased with the results. Gloria we have air cond. and also a fan in our bedroom. If you just have it on low, it provides just enough of a little air movement. I love it. Glenda I think when people lie they must feel very insecure about themselves. I'm sure the people that see that gal all the time know very well that she did NOT simply drop 75#. Instead of lying about it, she should just explain why she felt she had to do it that way. Peggy I forget what is going on with you, and of course I can't see your last post now, but I hope you are enjoying the summer. Trudy I am happy that the work on your teeth is almost at an end. Isn't it nice to go outside and not have wear a raincoat or hold a plastic bag over your head. hee hee I love the sunshine.
On Monday we have to be at Cancer Care at 8:00 and DH begins his pre-transplant tests and also has a chemo session. I think this time it is just that one time but will know more on Monday. The nurse said to be prepared to be at the hospital for most of the day. He is also having chest x-ray, EKG, and blood tests.
Talk to you all soon....and once again, glad to "see" you Freda.
Closed Thread