Old 06-29-2005, 09:06 PM   #1  

Default Please Join me for A Week At A Time Challenge

I loved this thread from a while back. It appears it no longer exists so I am willing to start it up again. The object is to take on a challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s) and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week on Sunday. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on the challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so I would like to keep that to a minimum.

So join in if this sounds like something you would like to try.

My challenge for this week is 64 oz of water and staying within my WW daily points for 7 days!

mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:16 PM   #2  

Default Day 1 of 7 Done!

It's midnight and kudos to me for reaching my first days goals!
1. 27 of 28 WW daily points used
2. 64 oz of water down the hatch
Bonus 30 minutes of Richard Simmons Disco Sweat completed this a.m.

Looking forward to more of you to join me!

mscat
Old 06-29-2005, 11:14 PM   #3  
Looking for Thin

I would love to join you. My personal goals will be to drink 60 oz of water and exercise on my elliptical for at least 20 minutes.
squiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:22 PM   #4  

Default me too! me too!

Count me in . My goals are to get some kind of exercise every day, and to eat no sugary anything. And to learn how to put in a second tracker for short term goal.

CA
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:21 AM   #5  

I'm in....my goal this week is to exercise for 6 minutes on my elliptical everyday, increasing the time as my fitness level improves and allows me to.
princess. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:21 AM   #6  

Default Welcome to the newbies!

Welcome princess. carla49, and squiggly! Your goals are awesome and totally achievable. Please let us know when you are challenged so we can help you get over the hump. Also let us know at the end of the day or by the next a.m. what goals you met so I can award your kudos.

Thank you for taking on the challenge! I know this will be a great source of support, inspiration and accountability for us all.
Go forth and live for each moment You can do this taking it one moment, one day, one week at time!

Have a great day.

mscat
Old 06-30-2005, 10:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Great idea MsCat! I was just thinking about this thread and how I could use another short challenge! My 7 day goal is to not eat too much. That is to stop eating when full, not stuffed. So no going over on even one meal...

I'll count today as day one because I've only eaten breakfast so far and didn't eat too much. This should be a tough challenge with the holiday weekend!

Good luck everyone.
SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:03 PM   #8  

I'm in. I actually started something similar for myself. Starting this past Sunday my goals were to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner (Healthy) with no snacking, and to drink some water every day. No specific amount. Just some water, to get into the routine. So far, I've accomplished it every day. Just haven't had today's water yet.
Doss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:29 PM   #9  

Default Home Stretch

Welcome to our newest members skinnyjeans and Doss!
Well ladies, we are in the home stretch - stay strong as we travel home and prepare our evening meals.

So far I am on track - I have about 20 points still left on WW plan and I have 32 oz of H2O in - working on the next 16 oz before I leave work today. I had a weight loss this a.m. but I am trying to resist being a scale addict We all know that jumping on and off the scale is not a true indication of weight loss. Our weight varies throughout the day for a multitude of reasons - some that are not related to our weight loss efforts. We also know that when you start on a new regimine the first few pounds you lose is excess water and natural purging from the change in intake. So I know not to get too excited about the initial loss. I am going to wait until Monday morning to weigh in again.

Off the soapbox - to you all and I know we are all looking forward to sharing our accomplishments!

mscat
Old 06-30-2005, 06:08 PM   #10  

Thank you for the welcome. I know the first few pounds is usually water weight, but it feels SO good to see that smaller number on the scale.
Doss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:10 PM   #11  

Well, yesterday and today make 2 days meeting the challenge. Yesterday, 10 min rebounder and a 40 min walk, and today 20 min rebounder. (And maybe a walk later.) No sweets so far, although I have a ton of bing cherries in the kitchen and I'm not sure if they're cheating or not - they are very sweet, but it's natural fruit sugar. But if I eat enough of them they do tend to work themselves thru the system pretty quickly...

And I've already figured out how to add the short term goal ticker!

Carla
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:10 AM   #12  

I met my goal for this day. Knowing that I committed to it with you ladies prompted me onto my elliptical early in the day. thanks!
Old 07-01-2005, 09:33 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

On to Day 2. I am so glad I made it through yesterday. We went to a baseball game for work and there was food everywhere! I managed to not overeat although I didn't eat the healthiest food. I'll have to watch that. Just because I am not stuffing myself doesn't mean I get to eat bad.

Good luck over the Holiday weekend everyone. We can do it!

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:38 AM   #14  

I've done it for today! 10 minutes on my elliptical.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:18 AM   #15  

Default Awards!

We are doing so splendidly!!!

Here are the awards up to yesterday - a clap for each day this week of meeting your challenge! Let me know if I have missed you.
skinnyjeans
carla 49
mscat -

I will award kudos for today tomorrow a.m. so try to post your successes before midnight (eastern)
princess already has her for today! Congratulations.
Let's all work to make the score board today!

mscat