Old 06-16-2005, 10:57 PM   #1  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Question Jorge Cruise

Anyone else using Jorge Cruise's books (8 Minute Moves for Extra Easy Weight Loss, 8 Minutes in the Morning, The 3 Hour Diet)as part of their plan? I wasn't using the book when I first started my weighloss adventure but I added it about 2 weeks ago. Been better about eating small meals regularily throughout the day since adding it-that has been a struggle for me because I tend to skip meals (especially when during the weekend when I'm at work-now I'm bringing easy to eat food to work so I have no excuses not to eat) and put off eating until I am so hungry I eat anything in sight.
I do the "8 Minute Moves" from the book I have, 8 Minute Moves for Extra Easy Weight Loss, although they actually take me about 18 minutes to do. 5 minutes for my warm up, 8 minutes for the exercises and 3 more minutes for the cool down stretches. I also do 1 hour of other exercise too for cardio, the book recommends walking but I prefer my videos.
The meal plan is super easy to follow and not restrictive. I especially like his plate portioning, you divide your plate into three compartments. One half you fill with non starchy vegetables (salad or other green leaf veggies, carrots, greenbeans, peas, ect), another 1/4 you fill with starch (corn, potatoes, rice, bread, dinner roll, ect.), the remaining 1/4 you fill with your protein. Makes it really easy to control my portions. You can top your veggies with 1 tsp butter, margarine or flax seed oil. I've been using the flax seed oil and I have noticed I am much fuller feeling after eating!
I have not subscribed to his online 'club'. It isn't that expensive, about 3 dollars a week. Frankly I am just annoyed he charges for the extras offered in his club. Simple things like meal planners, extra exercises, the messge board, and recipes for crying out loud!
Anyway, I was just curious if anyone else is using one of the books and if so how they like it.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 11:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I read over the 8 minutes in the morning for real women or something like that. His plan does seem easy enough to follow. I may go back to reading it again and see about giving him a whirl.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:14 PM   #3  

Hi there! I have been following Jorge Cruise's Plan for 2 weeks now and am down 5lbs. I love this program. It seems to really be working well for me. I, as have most, have tried everything and this is really working for me. Just wanted to say hey and let you know that I am around if you ever want to chat!!

Marcie
libbysmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:32 PM   #4  
Wife to 1 Mother of 4

I haven't even heard of him, but I will check him out.
Reaferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:55 PM   #5  
Black Belt In Training

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbysmom03
Hi there! I have been following Jorge Cruise's Plan for 2 weeks now and am down 5lbs. I love this program. It seems to really be working well for me. I, as have most, have tried everything and this is really working for me. Just wanted to say hey and let you know that I am around if you ever want to chat!!

Marcie
Awesome work. More than 2 lbs per week for you so far! It would be terrific to chat with you sometime.

I really like the plan so far, been using it for about two weeks as well. I have so say I haven't been using the meal plan perfectly. Currently just working on eating breakfast everyday and getting in at least 3 meals and one snack. Once I have that down I'm going to focus more on what I eat.

The 8 Minutes exercises get a bit boring but I listen to my favorite music and make it "me time" and that helps a lot. Surprised though that the exercises are more difficult than they look. They work too, been getting more muscle in my arm and once I lose some more weight I'll have nice defination in my arms.
I love the stretching in the cool down and even do some extra each day; I have greatly increased my flexibility-to the point I have impressed my Tae Kwon Do instructor!

Been using the message board as part of my "people solution". Working out awesome!
Old 06-27-2005, 04:46 PM   #6  

Laura,

Sorry I haven't been around since my last post. I have been out of town on business! I gained back 4 of the 5 lbs, but I think that it may just be water weight. Never Fear though..I am back at it and missed the plan. I can actually say that I did half way stick to it. Just made some poor choices b/c I was staying with a friend. I would love to continue to chat with you as well! I agree with you about the exercises being boring. I am going to have to jump back on my treadmill. I miss that as well. I feel like I am really working it when I am on the treadmill. I did just buy the Lean hips and thighs and flat belly books. We'll see if they work!!
Hope you are still on the losing path!!
Marcie
libbysmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:00 AM   #7  
Black Belt In Training

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbysmom03
Laura,

Sorry I haven't been around since my last post. I have been out of town on business! I gained back 4 of the 5 lbs, but I think that it may just be water weight. Never Fear though..I am back at it and missed the plan. I can actually say that I did half way stick to it. Just made some poor choices b/c I was staying with a friend. I would love to continue to chat with you as well! I agree with you about the exercises being boring. I am going to have to jump back on my treadmill. I miss that as well. I feel like I am really working it when I am on the treadmill. I did just buy the Lean hips and thighs and flat belly books. We'll see if they work!!
Hope you are still on the losing path!!
Marcie
Nice to see you're back. Just jump right back into the plan. I'm waiting for my chance to borrow the original 8 Minutes in the Morning book from the library so I can give those exercises a try. The book I have has mostly super easy exercises in it for the most part, although some of them surprise you and really kick your butt.
Still, I've not been following the eating plan 100%, but working on it. Happily I'm stilll losing-7 lbs in the past two weeks!
I think the extra exercise (like your friend the treadmill) helps alot when you don't follow the eating plan perfectly. In addition to the 8 moves, I do Tae Bo, Tae Kwon Do, yoga and bicycling 6 days a week. However, my Tae Kwon Do instructors are taking a 6 week break over the summer so I'll be doing cardio kick classes for a few weeks instead of TKD. Looking forward to cardio kick now, but I'll sure be happy when TKD starts back up in August!
Old 06-28-2005, 01:01 PM   #8  

Hi all!

I just bought the 3 hour diet book and power 90. I'm planning on doing a program based on the two. I'm glad to hear that you all are having success.
sll2nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:06 PM   #9  
missaprylj

OK, so it's a book? Interesting.

Any more reviews on the program? I'd be interested in hearing more about if it worked for you, if it is worth the money or should I just rent it, etc. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:11 PM   #10  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I'm curious also....what is power 90???
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #11  
Black Belt In Training

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprylcadabra
OK, so it's a book? Interesting.

Any more reviews on the program? I'd be interested in hearing more about if it worked for you, if it is worth the money or should I just rent it, etc. Thanks.
I only used the book for two months so I would borrow a copy from the library and give it a try then decide for sure if you would like to purchase your own copy.
I really liked the exercise plan in the book, it did improve my strength while only taking between 8-15 minutes each morning.
I still exercise in the morning but currently I am doing different exercises. In September I will be adding the 8 min in the morning strenght training back in along with the exercises I am doing currently.
The food plan is pretty simple, but I prefer counting calories now. Following the food plan really helped me break my habit of skipping meals. Granted I still skip a meal here and there, but I generally do very well and eat 5 or 6 times a day now. I think that is a big factor in my losing weight steadily.
The book promises you a 2 lb loss each week and since I gave the program a try in June and July, I have been losing 2 lb a week, some weeks a bit more, but it averages out to 2 a week.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:47 PM   #12  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Talking 3 Hour Diet

Hi Girls,

Hope you don't mind me just jumping in and saying that the 3 hour diet REALLY helped me to almost totally eliminate binge eating. I don't think you really need to buy the book. I borrowed it from the library, read it and copied a few pages I wanted to have on hand. It has made sticking to a food plan so much easier for me. Best wishes, DCM/activeadventurer
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote