Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 11:29 PM   #1  

Default Starting Things Anew on Core Board Twenty-Two! (#22)

Hi everyone! I thought it was high time we had a new support board. So let's all get posting here...

Angela
Old 06-26-2005, 11:41 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

A new board for new beginnings. Very appropriate!

On my way to bed. See you all in the morning.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:58 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

okay, i'm off my soapbox now. sorry about the outburst. guess it's cuz i'm old or something.

i'll see ya'll tomorrow.

night night.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:10 AM   #4  
Closed

I have sooooo much to read since last evening about 7:30 - you all move at the speed of light...I will be back later....I love the banter that went on about reclaiming and reaching our goals....Let's do it!!
Kathy-I think it's me most are tired of hearing .....not only am I the of the Do-Overs...I think I can make claim to of the Switcher-roos!!! This week it is Core For Sure!!!
Ciao for now..........Linda..........off to Work.........ughhhhhhh
Old 06-27-2005, 09:03 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning! No real plans for me today. I just need to run a couple of errands this morning, plan some more meals, make grocery lists. My real plan is to walk on the treadmill this morning when Jim gets off. We'll swim today after lunch and then shower and go out for dinner. I have a taste for Ruby Tuesday's turkey burger wrap and I have points left for the tortilla. The salad bar is yummy too.

Linda, good luck on Core. Just try to stick with it for at least a week. Just do it meal to meal.

Sandra, what soap box? I'm going to go reread the end of board 21 because I must have missed something!
Old 06-27-2005, 09:19 AM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Arrow Here I am!

HI Everyone,

Missed you this weekend as I was so busy and rarely at home and of course my computer still not very cooperative.

I "turtled" this week which is a blessing really but I still had a nasty eating weekend - my weekends seems to always be so out of control? So I tend to nibble all these extras - gain weight by Monday morning - then struggle all week to get rid of it - how intelligent is that? I am getting disappointed in myself.

Of course this morning all I want is either a cinammon bun or mcdonald's breakfast from downstairs - I know I won't have "lunch" today, or not on time as dd's graduation ceremony is at 12:30 pm so I am leaving work around noon to rush over there - dh will hopefully be there first and can get us some seats! And I'm such a bad Mom - realized I should at least get the child a card and "token" gift - alto I have already spent major $$$ on dress, etc. And she did get a good report card and wants these tickets for some band coming to town (Good Charlotte?) so I will spring for those as well ($50).

Had my haircut sat and I am so relieved as it really cuts down on my morning prep time (and yes I slept in this morning). Took dd shopping for shoes but came home empty handed (she is now freaking out). Did some major grocery shopping on Sunday and hopefully this will keep us going til we leave (9 days). My gf, her dh and dd from Toronto will be here this weekend (long Canada day weekend) to help her sister and family who are moving like a few blocks away form me. I feel OBLIGED to host a dinner or something - but don't know what to do!

As of this Thursday we are in packing mode - everyone's suitcase in their rooms and the laundry/packing begins. I don't really want to cook and/or entertain but I know it's the right thing to do. We will probably be out most of the day on Canada Day/July 1st and watch fireworks at night. I was even considering doing a brunch? But might just do dinner sat night? Must be fast and easy...and I don't want to buy more food, but use up what we have - I am still pondering.....

Weather also unbearably hot and muggy all weekend (got caught in a downpour AFTER having hair done - NOT GOOD!)....temps in the high 30's all week (like over 95 w/the humidity) which makes being outdoors unpleasant (unless you are sitting around a pool as I did last night at my sil's place!)

Also have ds's graduation thurs morning - then as of thurs pm (I am going back to work) I am on HOLIDAY FOR TWO WEEKS - YIPPEE!!! But I know this is a bad eating week as we will probaby be going out for celebratory meals, and I have a work lunch out on wednesday, and friend's bday dinner out on the same day....and did I mention it's PMS week???

Trying to keep in control but it just seems futile!

Hope everyone is starting a great week!...and before I forget:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KATHY & JUDD !!! Wishing you many more years of happiness together!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 06-27-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:26 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, Frouf! As ususal your life is tumultuous! I'm stressed just hearing what you'll have to deal with. I understand the entertaining part. I'd feel the same way. Maybe you could do something easy on the grill (like steaks, corn, baked potato) and let your hubby do the cooking! Then all you'll have to do is make a salad and maybe a fruit salad for dessert. Best part is that it is all Core! I'm guessing you'll be active on your vacation which should help. We don't want to lose you so just be as good as you can on vacation and come back and get back on track. I'm sure some meals you'll be able to be good. Have fun at DD's ceremony. Will she be barefoot?!
Old 06-27-2005, 09:27 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone! I woke up with my glands in my neck feeling a little better, my throat still hurting, but maybe a little less, and I'm full of resolve. I've just had my malt o meal, and am bound and determined to stick to my menu. I think I'll write it down on a post it note and put it on the fridge so I can have that extra reminder.

We've got lots going on today. I'm doing my weekly home blessing (cleaning) hour, laundry, maybe work in the garden, and then when all the work is done, we'll blow up the dds' new wading pool. Whee haw! Dh is off work all this week, but I'm trying to not let that get in the way of our routine.

Well, the kiddos want their blueberry muffins, so I'd better go...

Happy day everyone!
Angela
Old 06-27-2005, 09:31 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, good luck on your "new" Core program! You said yesterday that you are afraid to go 100% on program again. Why are you afraid?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:33 AM   #10  
Radmom413

I am back on track with a vengence and I am going to try and stay caught up with you all, but that is a job in itself!

I was up and out the door for a very brisk, 30 minute walk at 6:30 this morn, have showered and here is my schedule....YIKES!!!!

9:00 Dog to groomer
10:00 DD to Driver's Ed
11:00 Cindy to Eye Doctor
12:00 DD from Driver's Ed
1:00 DD to pool party

In between is post office, grocery store and I am going to try and clean some cupboards!

Hope you all have a great Monday!
Old 06-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Happy day to all! Co-chairwoman of the Do-over Committee checking in here!! Linda, we'll get there. I just know we will.

My scale said 157 this morning. I know it's beer bloat and the handful of Ruffles that I grabbed from DD yesterday afternoon ... plus I didn't have any water yesterday. Not that I ate a ton or anything, but what I *did* have certainly wasn't any good for me. So I'm back on the wagon -- again. I have set my drop-dead goal of 135 by Labor Day. That's 10 weeks, 22 pounds (although I can be rid of 4 of the pesky water pounds within the next day or two) ... totally doable. And oh yes, it will be done.

I talked to DS last night and he was all excited about starting his job this morning. He had set FOUR alarms to make sure he didn't oversleep. He was going to try and be there by 5:15 so that means leaving home around 4:45. Poor guy! I'm sure he'll be fine and at least they can wear shorts. It's going to be another scorcher and no hint of rain in sight!

Well, I'm off to change my tracker to reflect my morning weight. I hate to do it but I need to see it. Maybe I'll feel bad enough to try harder.

Froufy, good to see you!
Old 06-27-2005, 09:53 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yes, Kathy, I believe you WILL do it. I have a mental impression of you that is "all determination" when you set your mind to something. There will be sacrifices to be made but I'm thinking you'll be where you want to be and I hope to at least get my 50 pound chick by Labor Day. I've been stalled for a couple of weeks now so I'm hoping for a big drop soon.

Again this month my TOM is late and I've been crampy for a week now. It can come anytime or make these cramps go away already. Scale is still the same this morning. Very disheartening after all the pool exercise. But....maybe as you said, it's muscle retaining water.

Cindy, you sound busy but that's good. It'll keep you out of trouble. Don't forget to eat those good Core meals and snacks.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:58 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Terry, hope you survived your run. We decided not to do Taste of Chicago. We didn't want to drive and the train didn't seem like a great option. Besides, I don't need anything to get me off track. I'm losing slow enough as it is!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:40 AM   #14  

Okay, you're not going to believe how dumb I was. Remember last week, I was bummed because I was up? I weighed in last week and the receptionist said I was up "almost 2." I was so disappointed that I didn't even look at my card all week.

Well, it turns out that what she actually said last week was that I was "up point two."
Two tenths of a pound.

However, those phantom 2 pounds kept me on the straight and narrow all week, so, if you can believe it, I actually lost 1.5. So, if you heard a small shriek some time on Saturday morning, it was me, celebrating the fact that I finally officially dropped under 150---by .2.

So I'm not changing my ticker yet, but I am going to be reading my WW card more carefully from now on.

Happy anniversary Kathy, and happy Monday everyone else.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Kathy - I will join you on your journey to 135. That is my goal also. Today I weighed in at 160 up a lb. from my vacation. I think I look at how far I have to go and want it all gone now. Maybe by setting a realistic goal such as the end of summer, I can do it. Right?? Well I am going to try. I was pretty good eating yesterday and exercising and am going to take this one day at a time.

DS and DD both have friends over today; so I am still catching up on laundry and house work. DD found out from her friend that their hip hop class was picked to perform somewhere............friend can't find the paper....................., so they have practice tonight, one day next week and then dress rehearsal next friday. Show will be on the following Sunday.........somewhere. Hopefully she can pick up the info at dance tonight. Anyway we were supposed to go to a wedding the night of her dress rehearsal, so I don't know what we'll do........it's my cousins daughter who I've seen maybe 4 times since she was born.

Kathy - Happy Anniversay ! ! !

Lisa
Closed Thread