South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 11:00 PM   #1  

Default Question about SF Crystal Light and flavored water

Are they allowed to be counted as water intake? I've looked around a little for the question if it's already been asked, but I may have over looked it.

I drink a good bit of sf Crystal Light lemonade and have been counting it towards my water...so I hope I'm not messing up! Also, Dannon has wonderful flavored water (no calories, no sugar, no carbs, etc) that I've been counting as well.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:02 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

I'm not sure about the flavored water, but the Crystal Light does NOT count as part of your water intake...sorry
Old 06-27-2005, 10:37 AM   #3  

I wonder why not?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:54 AM   #4  
gotta lose it!

kelly...I don't know the exact wording, but it has to do with the way your body breaks it down....there was something on here about it awhile back...I'll go searching....
Old 06-27-2005, 10:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

I was watching a "diet doctor" show on fit network this weekend and she was talking about this very thing. Of course plain water would be best...but if you're like I am, and can't stand to drink plain water, she said that if you add a little crystal light to flavor it then it's better than not drinking any type of water at all. That's how I feel about it, I don't drink soda at all anymore and drink crystal light only. But, I do dilute it, I only add enough to give it color and a little flavor. And I'll drink about 96 oz a day. She also said that to figure out how much water you need is to divide your weight by 2 and that's how many ounces your body needs, so technically I should be drinking even more. Hope that helps.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:09 AM   #6  

thank you! it does help. i don't mind water too much, i just like some flavor in it now and then, and i love the sf lemonade. but..i'll just dilute it a bit and give that a try as well.
i learn something new every day!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:14 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I think it has something to do with the way your body processes the Crystal Light ingredients. Also remember that it is NOT calorie free! I make it using twice to three times the amount of water and am hoping it can count as water. I vaguely remember Beachgal posting about this and will try to find her words of wisdom.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:44 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I think flavored water is ok, no? I hope so! I dilute that a bit as well. Drink, refill with plain...

I posted some tips on water a while back too. Will bump it.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:16 PM   #9  

Y'all are so wonderful and helpful! Thank you so much!
Closed Thread