Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2005, 10:50 PM   #1  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Thumbs up Thank you, 3FC!

I've been on and off diets for years. I've tried tons of different diets, from calorie counting, to the Zone diet, all with varying degrees of success and failure. Some lasted a few weeks, and others lasted barely two days. Even my current diet plan, which I've been on for a couple years now, has led me through some of the longest plateaus in my life.

When it comes right down to it, it's not entirely the diet and exercise plans that makes the difference between weight loss and gain. It's also the support network. Yes, my friends, family, and co-workers have been supportive and encouraging through my journey, but they either don't need to lose weight, or aren't currently pursuing it for whatever reason. Since I didn't really have anyone to talk to who was going through the same things, I tended to quit when things weren't going the way they ought.

Being an avid Web Putterer on my days off, I found myself scouring the net for weight loss resources one day in early May. I'd nearly had it, and was almost ready to ditch Weight Watchers. I was looking at someone's personal blog entry, and noticed the 3FC ticker on the bottom. At first I thought the thing was just plain cute. Then I started to think it might be good motivation if I put it in my own blog, so I clicked on the ticker.

I'll be honest. My original intention was just to grab the ticker and run. After poking around for about a half hour, I was hooked. Within 24 hours, this site was bookmarked on every computer I use, from home to work. All these people, they know EXACTLY what I'm going through! And some of them have figured out things that I haven't yet! And some of them think what I have to say is helpful!

Since finding this site and these forums, I've gotten my motivation back and have lost 12 pounds. There've been weeks when I gained some of it back (this week included), but with the support I get here, I have no urge to give up. It just makes me that much more determined to pick myself up and keep going.

To all the people out there who have befriended me, thank you for keeping my spirits up. To Suzanne, Jennifer, and Amy, you have my constant thanks for creating and maintaining this site.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I'll echo that pretty much to the letter. I also found this site because I noticed someone else's ticker and clicked on it. It really, really does help to not only have a group of people who are doing the same thing, but who will help hold you accountable and be supportive, too.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:34 PM   #3  
Alis Volat Propriis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray eyed girl
I'll echo that pretty much to the letter. I also found this site because I noticed someone else's ticker and clicked on it. It really, really does help to not only have a group of people who are doing the same thing, but who will help hold you accountable and be supportive, too.

Me too! Me too! I saw a ticker on someone's blog and had to have one, then I got hooked on the camaraderie here. I'm so grateful to have found this place!
Quite-a-Handful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:31 AM   #4  
No more tears!

I came here by searching the web trying to find a good diet plan and i saw this site. This site has help me alot, too.
BBWonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:18 AM   #5  
Haley

I agree with all the above comments. This time I really feel like I can stick to a diet plan and stick to losing the weight because of all the amazing support. Thank you to everyone here for your comments and your wonderful ideas. I'm forever grateful!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:32 AM   #6  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Good Thread..
Yes I love it because its a group of people who are going or have gone thru this trial and they understand what your going thru and dont judge you but try to help you and thats what I like also.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:38 AM   #7  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I agree with what everyone else has said. I also found the site through a ticker!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:17 PM   #8  
Mel

I found this site four years ago and it's been ahuge factor in being able to maintain my weightloss as well as lose in the first place. Support is vital

A huge thank you to the original three!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:15 PM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I don't exactly recall where I found this site. But I talk about it, both to people I see and those on other online sites, constantly.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:42 AM   #10  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Wow, this place might be desolate if it wasn't for the tickers!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:12 AM   #11  

I totally agree! I love this place!
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:22 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I found 3FC's (chat) in January of 1998 and I knew then that I had found home. I started posting on the boards a few years later.

IMHO this is the best site for support

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:11 PM   #13  

I didn't find this site through a ticker, but was in about the third or fourth week of the SBD and was looking online for some smoothy recipes and stumbled across the site and the message boards. Then there was the one that called out to me...moms ready to take care of mom. You really can't beat the support here, it has helped tremendously, and I feel like I have a large group of new friends and a few that I know will be long lasting friendships.

THANK YOU!!!!!
mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote