Old 06-24-2005, 08:03 AM   #1  
Curvy Vixen

Wink ~curvy Vixen~ #6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are the Curvy Vixens!!!! Why? Because we aim to have our curves in the right places--and according the dictionary a Vixen is a female fox! Remember the 80's? A fox is a good thing!!!!

Please feel free to join in and chat with this lovely group of ladies!
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:14 PM   #2  

Happy Friday everyone! I didn't have to work today, so it was a really good Friday for me. The weather has been HOT and HUMID today though. So, I pretty much just stayed in the house and enjoyed the A/C. I did get to the store and bought some healthy stuff to eat.

Have any of you ever eaten the Kellogg's All-Bran brown sugar cinnamon bars? They're not SB-approved apparently but I need something quick to eat when I'm at work and starving. For the most part, it looked like a fairly decent thing to eat. Just wondered if any of you had tried it.

BTW, Smuckers has the BEST sugar-free syrup!! I bought it and ate it with some whole wheat pancake mix that I found. The two things together were absolutely delicious!! If you're interested in the whole wheat pancake mix, I'll give you more info about it. It's really easy -- all you do is add water. And the ingredients were all really healthy.

Any hoo... hope you're all having a good friday and enjoy the weekend!

Deb
bikerdeb61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:48 PM   #3  
Curvy Vixen

thanx deb.. I've been hankering for some waffles.. I heard nutragrain had some good ones...

(((((((((((drum roll)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I lost 2.6 pounds!!! that is in two weeks but I'll take it..
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:52 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPANSY
thanx deb.. I've been hankering for some waffles.. I heard nutragrain had some good ones...

(((((((((((drum roll)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I lost 2.6 pounds!!! that is in two weeks but I'll take it..
Congrats on the 2.6 pounds, Lynn!! That's awesome!!! The pancake mix I found is called "Baker Mills Kodiak Cakes -- 100% Whole Wheat -- Frontier Flapjack & Waffle Mix". It's in a brown cardboard box. It's whole wheat, oat and honey. I found it at a grocery store called Dominicks in my area. It's REALLY good! And it's easy too, cuz all you have to do is add water.

Deb
Old 06-25-2005, 04:55 AM   #5  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Woo, a new thread! The previous one was indeed becoming a little long. Thanks for having opened this one, Lynn

Haven't posted too much this week, although I've been lurking a lot (well, this may actually be the reason why - didn't have time left to post after so much time spent reading articles and fitness stuff here!). My eating this week has been, uhm, erratic, so I'm working on this now, finding a good balance again between "not eating a lot due to the heat" and "eating ice-creams because it's hot and they're cold". Gee, summer can be tricky, can't it

Lynn - Congrats on the loss! It may not seem much, but half a pound a week is definitely a GOOD ratio no matter what (it's way better than nothing, after all)!

SoccerGirl - I hope that you feel better now... seems that you had it rough for some time

Kim - How is your daughter doing today?
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:26 PM   #6  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I ran around doing things all day and then watched some tv. Not much I know but most of the tv shows are new for me.

I went to a WW meeting this morning. It was great. I bought one of the WW calculators.

Anyway, things are good. Stayed OP all week. Nic will be out here in a week. Can't wait. Then, Im off to Mississippi for a week, then home. I miss the cats!

Lynn- Congrats on the loss! I'm so proud of you!

Deb- I bought a South Beach sandwich wrap kit yesterday. It was turkey bacon wrap. It came with jello too. The whole thing was 5 points. It filled me up more than a lean cuisine. It was so yummy!

Ok, will post later

Love,
D
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:28 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyvixen
Hey girls!

Anyway, things are good. Stayed OP all week. Nic will be out here in a week. Can't wait. Then, Im off to Mississippi for a week, then home. I miss the cats!

Deb- I bought a South Beach sandwich wrap kit yesterday. It was turkey bacon wrap. It came with jello too. The whole thing was 5 points. It filled me up more than a lean cuisine. It was so yummy!
I was out grocery shopping and I found some really good low-carb wheat tortillas at my local store. They're called "La Fuerza del Sabor" Low Carb Wheat Flour Tortillas. The ingredients are: Water, Whole Wheat Flour, Mixed Grains (Hard Red Wheat, Oats, Triticale, Rye, Dehulled Barley, Hardwhite Wheat, Soft White Wheat, Spelt Berries, Flax, Canola Oil... etc. The rest of the ingredients start to get long names and hard to type. LOL But there's no saturated fat, 5 grams of dietary fiber, and only 1g of sugar. I think I'm going to start making my own wrap with these. What's nice too is that they're pretty small.

Well I'm off to go see an open house with a friend who's just getting divorced. She's thinking about selling her current house and downsizing to a smaller one.

You all have a great weekend.

Deb
Old 06-26-2005, 11:25 AM   #8  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls...

Deb- I think I'd like to make my own wraps too. It's not as expensive. Those south beach wraps would have been good to put in a toaster or microwave to melt the cheese. I just can't believe how good it was and WW friendly too.

Last night, we went to eat dinner at my Uncles country club in Virginia. I think I did well. I ordered an 8 oz filet and ate half. Along with white rice, I ate about a cup maybe a cup and a half. Then, steamed veggies. I had one beer. I was proud of myself. Especially when they brought out the dessert tray. My goodness. Oreo pie, cheese cake, peanut butter something. It all looked sooo good! I just sipped on water and enjoyed the conversation with my cousin Nikki. It was nice.

Ok, I'm going to eat my breakfast. I think I'll have some caramel rice cakes.
I hope y'all are having a good day!

Love,
Deanne
Old 06-26-2005, 11:34 AM   #9  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Vixens,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am feeling good and happy I lost .5 pounds this week. I know its not much, but its in the right direction--right?! That brings my total to nearly 16 pounds with JC. I had a few challenges this week that probably slowed my loss. For one thing, I went to a Indian restaurant with my coworkers for lunch one day and had a buffet. It was really good--but buffets are dangerous. Not something to do on a regular basis! But I enjoyed it.

My goal this week is to get more active--and also stick with my planned foods. Last week I only went to the YMCA one day--and aim for at least 3 days of swimming. Although even more days would be better. But its a gradual process.

Speaking of all the discussion about pancakes, I am having some pancakes for breakfast today--they are JC pancakes. They are pretty good. I have also had the Nutrigrain blueberry waffles. They are good too.

Deanne--where did you go to a WW meeting? I am glad you liked it. Are you home now on vacation? I might have missed that from previous posts.

Hope you are all having a happy and healthy day!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:32 PM   #10  
Movin' right along...

Karen- I'm home now. I went to a meeting here in Maryland at a church. Congrats on the loss!!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:43 AM   #11  
Movin' right along...

Just trying to bump the thread up for everyone
Old 06-27-2005, 02:12 PM   #12  

Ok, i posted on the old one, i didnt realize we had a new one started .. lol well things are good here.. Had a busy weekend, but what's new. Kenzie is doing much better.. she had a fever for almost 3 days, but it broke and went away on its own. I'm guessing it was just a virus. I went on my walk with Kim a little late today, I had to take Sidney for her last nose check up. All looks good so we're officially all better
We're leaving for Indiana on Saturday morning. Visiting the family for the 4th of July. My 18 yr old neice and a couple of friends are coming back with us. I've got 3 rules, no boys, no booze and I will not bail anyone out of jail.. lol I wonder how many of those rules they will break on the first day..
For those that didnt read the old post, I lost 2 lbs over the last week.. woo hooo.. that's a total of 18 lbs so far...
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:35 PM   #13  
Movin' right along...

Kim...you are just on your way, aren't you? Thats awesome! Only 11 lbs to go. If you don't mind me asking, what size are you? I am in my lower 150s and was able to get a size 10 at old navy. I notice women are different sizes even if they are the same weight though. I'm very short but have stocky legs, so I usually need a bigger size.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:47 PM   #14  

I honestly have no idea.. my old navy 10s are a little big,but i dont think i fit into an 8 yet I have 13/14s in junior sizes that are to big, but who knows what size i really wear lol i'd guess a misses 10ish..
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:33 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by goddesskde
I honestly have no idea.. my old navy 10s are a little big,but i dont think i fit into an 8 yet I have 13/14s in junior sizes that are to big, but who knows what size i really wear lol i'd guess a misses 10ish..
There was soomething on TV not too long ago about how clothes size is no longer a good indicator, because there's no standard measurement per size. For example, Liz Clairborne makes her sizes a little larger (i.e., I can fit into a sz. 12 of her clothing) whereas with Levi Jeans, I might have to wear a size 14.

Deb