Old 06-24-2005, 02:37 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#732

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:42 AM   #2  
Oooo Silly Me!

WHOOOOO Ladies!

I did 50 laps (in a row) just working the arms. Breast Stroke, Back Stroke and doggy paddle. Then I followed up by 25 laps of fast walking in the pool. That beat my 14 laps previously But I think it was because I swam around and chased the kid around first. This time I just went straight to laps. I didn’t use my legs to much when I was doing the arm work. I dunno why, but I see to get Charlie horses in my feet when I flap my legs when swimming…. Strange.

I feel great tho!

Hope everyone has a good night!
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:01 AM   #3  

Smile Good morning!

A very good morning to all of you chickies, How are you doing today. It is Friday so I know you are looking forward to the weekend. You know weekends are when I seem to get in troulbe with FOOD!! I know it goes back to a time when I worked all week and went out on the weekend. Darn bad habit to break.

I just finished showering and while in there I cleaned down the shower walls and glass doors...I was sweating by the time I got through and started to shower again. If it hadn't meant messing up what I had just done I would have. I can tell it is summer. I need Sue Maries pool to jump into.

Catherine, You are such an inspiration to all of us I hope you are not letting the plateau get to you. It happens to all of us. Just don't follow my lead and go back to the old way of eating. (not that I think you would. )

I am still wanting to eat and having a hard time talking myself out of doing that, but No more negative comments from me...Not to all of you or myself.LOL! Onward and downward. Keep your chin up and remember what I said before, it will make you neck look smaller anyway. Have a blessed day everyone. Iwillbe....Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:44 AM   #4  
Hangin' out in the Kudzu

Default Good Morning

Good morning everyone from Sunny, Hot Alabama!

Sue Marie, I wish I was in the pool right now!! You made me sit here and daydream about hopping in after work....I have something to look forward to, Thanks!! I know that when I was so pregnant and on the days that my M.S. is really kicking in, the pool was/is the only place where I can feel light and like I can move without feeling like my entire body is going to sink right through the ground! I wish everyone had the means and opportunity to take advantage of the water. What a great workout!

Iwillbe - I do the SHOWER thing all the time! Shower, scrub, scrub, scrub...now you have a clean shower but you feel NARSTY, but you want the shower to continue sparkling! I've even been known to get out and go to another shower to take the second shower!!! silly, isn't it? Sometimes cleaning is an obsessive thing with me and I have finally learned that it's one of those "control" things. Especially when I am feeling like I CAN'T control my eating....At least, by gosh, I can control the housework!!!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday and a good weekend!! Company luncheon here today. Erg.....I brought dip and celery sticks....What are the odds that I WON'T cut me a slice of that breakfast cassarole??????
BamaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:47 AM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

SueMarie: Do you take Vitamin E? I find that when I take 800 - 1000 IU's a day, I don't have leg or foot cramps. Just a thought.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #6  
~ Trying again ~

Happy Friday everyone! (Gotta do a little ‘It’s the Weekend’ jig!)

I am so thankful that today is Friday –and we have made it through another week.

This weekend in S.E. Michigan the weather is supposed to be beautiful, but HOT. (I’ll take the heat…if it means lots of sunshine!)

What are everyone’s plans for the weekend? Anything exciting going on?

Tomorrow morning I am waking up early to go to the Eastern Market with my father. I need to pick up some fresh veggies & fruits, and see what other kinds of stuff they have. I may also stop at this Hispanic market – ‘E&L Market’, on the way home. They always have great prices on their meats, so I would like to pick up some chicken.

This morning I got to the gym at 5 a.m. and had a really nice workout! I decided to change it up a bit, and did a 5 minute warm up on the treadmill, and somehow managed to do 10 minutes on the elliptical…(which is five minutes more than what I was able to do!) So I am well on my way to twenty minutes sometime soon! After my cardio workout – I worked on all of the other various machines.

Today will be my second weigh in since I started this plan. Last Monday (June 16th) I weighed 316 lbs – so hopefully today will have a decent reading. I am not expecting too much since half of the week wasn’t 100% OP. Once I weigh in, I will pop back on and let you all know what happened.

Yesterday was a wonderful OP day – and I felt so proud of myself. I made a menu of what I was going to eat, and I actually stuck to it! It made me feel so good, that I actually want to keep it up! I have also been able to increase my calories a little bit. I am now getting between 1,400 & 1,500 calories per day instead of 1,200. I think it just took me a week to figure out my plan, and menu, and get things straight. I don’t want to eat too few of calories, and confuse my body. I am not trying to starve myself! Lol.

SueMarie301 – Thanks for the info on the Metabolic Rate. I never knew about that before – so for me – it was informative, and interesting. And way to go on all those laps in the pool! Sounds like you got one heck of a workout!!!

JuleeCeeS – I think that the guy you met in Florida was a real jerk! To say something like that is horrible, and can leave such a lasting impression! I have never had that type of situation happen to me before, but I always hear when people say how pretty I am, and that I would be gorgeous if I would just lose weight. It hurts, and yes, it most definitely gives you a complex. It sounds like all of that is history though, and you seem to have a wonderful man who loves you very much!

dogpal – I think many of us here can relate to people commenting on our weights while out in public. I’ve had that happen since I was a very young child…(I can remember from kindergarten!)
Because of all the comments that were made to me, I became very anxious, and for quite some time developed a social anxiety disorder. I never wanted to leave the house, go shopping, or anything that involved being around other people. I guess I was just afraid of being judged. Now that I am an adult, I know that it doesn’t matter what people think when they look at me. As long as I love myself. But way to go though on telling those guys a piece of your mind! You go girl!

AngieB – How horrible that your past BF would want you to not spend as much time with your siblings that you were raising! I always say… “Family First!” and “Bye-Bye” to anyone who doesn’t respect that.

lelesmom - WELCOME aboard!!! Glad to have you here! This site is awesome! Are you following any type of plan for your weight loss journey, or are you just eating healthier? How long have you been trying to lose weight? I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Iwillbe – I feel for you completely when you say that the weekends are hard for you! I seem to think that weekends=free which ultimately =’s a binge. But I have been feeling REALLY positive over this last week, and I am going to try my HARDEST to stay OP the entire weekend. We can do it!

Well – I have to run for now. When I get back from lunch – I will post my new weight, and change my ticker. I’m crossing my fingers that there’s been a loss! :

Take care, and have a wonderful weekend ladies!

- Kari
starting_over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:20 PM   #7  
~ Trying again ~

Hello again ladies - I just got back from lunch & my first 'real' weigh in since starting my plan and....

I lost 5 lbs !!!

I am SO happy right now I could cry! Finally - a good start!
starting_over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:26 PM   #8  
Hangin' out in the Kudzu

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY Starting Over!!!!!!! You GO girl!!! Big ol' smiles for you!!!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 01:37 PM   #9  

Hello to everyone! Its a beautiful Friday! My little girl is sleeping so I thought I would come in here and see how everyone is doing today. To answer the question above, I am following a diet plan 'sort of' but I'm also eating healthier. I have a slim-fast bar for breakfast and lunch on the weekdays. I always have a healthy snack in between (at least thats the idea). On the weekends I eat what I want in moderation, and I always try to eat something good for me. So far, even though its not perfection yet, I have lost about 6 pounds total. Although you may have noticed that I am down on my weight loss tracker as having only lost 1 pound. To me the 1 pound is more accurate because the 6 I lost were gained after I lost all my pregnancy weight. (I started my pregnancy at about 310) I own the Leslie Sansone dvds and I used to love doing them. My goal in the next week is to do 1 mile a day with them, 5 days a week. I feel like thats reasonable because those videos go by fast because you're just following Leslie. So I don't see that I would get burnt out. By the way, I am loving reading everyones tips and what they have been doing. I'm rooting for all of you! Be blessed!
lelesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:47 PM   #10  
Hangin' out in the Kudzu

Default Lunchy talk

Hi everyone,

Just a quick pop in at lunch. Hot dogs and hamburgers for the company luncheon here. Tried to force myself to just eat a patty, but then I saw that there was honey mustard for the buns and someone brought tomatos fresh from the garden, so.......happy carbs to ya!

Lelesmom - Hope you are doing well and getting plenty of rest with that little one. We had a co-worker come in today with her baby...just 3 weeks old. My uterus was weeping!!!! :-) Ohhhhhh how I love to snuggle and kiss them when they are that little. My Nathan has grown so quickly over this year! At least he still likes mommy lovin....

JulieCeeS - Girl, if you ever decide you'd like to go back down to Ft. Lauderdale just do deliver a butt kickin', I'd be glad to meet you there and then have a margarita. God love men like that.....anyone like that. I don't think that they honestly INTEND to wreck your whole world with their thoughtless words, but they do regardless. I am learning, slowly but surely, to accept the truth of the beauty of the girl I see in the mirror....RIGHT NOW....just as she is. You know, If I can't love her and think she is Great now, what the **** do I think is going to kick in and make me think so just because I may someday hypothetically weigh 150 pounds and have perky boobs???????? I think you rock and give your guy a hug from me....Because a man who loves a woman as she is is a TREASURE.

Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend. Probably won't get to check in until Monday. grrrrr.......Look forward to reading about all of your successes.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:00 PM   #11  

Sue Marie!!! How did you make that cool looking signature. I tried to make one and failed. lol
lelesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:52 PM   #12  
Shadiepurple

Talking

HAPPY, HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES!!!

Well, the weathers great here in Oregon...for now Every moment can mean a change to that..lol. Life is good for me and mine. Hubby works away from home offten, but never out of reach. I thought I'd share our story to answere Julees questions. Here goes.

1) SO?? Yes The best guy ever. My mom accually picked him out for me a year before we started dating. He is VERY shy, but smiles alot. Mom just had a feeling about him. A year later I met him on my own. We went out a week later and have been together since. We were engaged 3 months after we met and lived together for 12 years and 2 children before I was sure he ment every word he'd been saying the whole time. Divorces run wild in my family and I swore I'd never have one, so I drug my feel till they were calused. .teehee. We had a big beautiful wedding 6 1/2 years ago and its been bliss the whole time. So 18 years later...

2) SO's weight?? He has the luck of a normal body. He is average 150 to 165 and stands 5'8'' tall. If he gets an earge to loss 5 lbs...it's gone. I've been watching how he eats latley and trying some of the things he does naturally. Seems to be helping me .

3) SO supportive?? Words can not describe the suppot he gives. He is always very helpful and loving and kind to me. But when he sees me trying to help myself, he jumps in with both feet to do every little thing he can think of to help. I can't stand for very long at atime, so food prep has been something he has always helped with. But he does things like prepare all differnt salad fixings he know I like and puts them in the fridge bagged up separetly and ready to go for a week at atime. He makes it so I dont hardly have to think about it. He knows me so well, that if I have to spend alot of time thinking, planning or preparing food, I'm going to eat what ever is fastest. He never ever has said anything hurtful or acted diccusted in me even when I'm talking crap about my self. He does have a sexy way he looks at me when he is proud of what I'm doing. Instead of a big cheering party when I have a loss I get a big kiss and a sexy smile and a pat on the butt. Then he'll do something like bring me a balloon when he goes to the store to buy more salad fixings, or ask if I feel like a walk. He's my very best friend.

4) Over weight when met SO?? OOOHHHH yes. I was 300lbs when we met. But over full of self confidence Never had an issue with getting boyfriends, even with my weight. I've always been over weight. I'm out going and my husband is very shy but he loved the way I say whats on my mind. But I'm not rude or insensitive to others and I love to laugh. He has learned how to do all of these things since we've been together. I gain 100 lbs over the last 4 years. Alot of really sad things happened in my family and depression just started eating me alive. My hubby tried so hard to keep me positive and held down the day to day stuff and let me get through it all. I knows he's pleased to have me helping out with life again and he can't wait till I'm strong enough to walk the beaches again with him. Neither can I.

Thanks for asking the questions that made me remember how blessed I truely am. Wow, this is making me miss him more than usual. Every one have a super fantasic weekend. I'll get to personal responses abit later. Thanks for listening Enjoy your lives.
shadiepurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:03 PM   #13  
Hangin' out in the Kudzu

Default Lucky girl!!

Shadiepurple,

Wow I loved reading your story!!! It makes me ache for someone like that in my life. There is someone who I would LIKE to be that someone, but he has some SERIOUS issues of his own, and I know better than to actually persue a broken heart. But I swan...sometimes when it is raining outside and everything is quiet, I'd give my last dish of Blue Belle ice cream just to have someone to cuddle with and talk to. sigh....

Thanks for making me hope.....
Old 06-24-2005, 04:28 PM   #14  
Oooo Silly Me!

Morning Ladies.... err rather AFTERNOON!

Iwillbe - POOL PARY AT MY PLACE!!

BamaMom – I bet the pool takes a lot of pressure of your back huh? When I was in high school I played for the Jr. Varisty softball team and then I got pulled into playing for the City Summer League. I ended up having a miscommunication between my body parts… that ounds funny, but I feel that’s what really happened. I was playing first base and I went to go catch a throw to me from short stop, and my arms reached out the to the right, and upper boddy went right. However, the runner ran into my lower body, hip area and my lower body went to the left, so I ended up twisting and pinching a nerve in my lower lumbar. OUCHIE! It’s been giving me problems for a long time. So the pool really helps to take the pressure off the back.

Thinthinker – WOW! 1000 I.U.’s? I just looked at my Multivitamin, it’s got 100% Vitamin E but only 30 I.U.’s I also heard Potassium is good for cramps in muscles.

Starting Over – Holy Cow! 5 a.m.??? Wooo girl you got some must more motivation that me Good for you! I am barely conscious at 7 am when I have to get up for work heheheh. I’m paying for those laps I did last night heheh a bit sore today, but not to bad. Your welcome about the metabolic Rate info. I was looking it up for me andI saw many people asking about it the forums, so I just decided to post them Glad it was useful for you! CONGRATS on that 5lbs too I’m going to weigh in on Sunday. *Keeping fingers crossed* heheh

Lelesmom – Oh you do the Walking Away The Pounds (WATP) video also? I have those, I do them whenever I can’t get to gym or have little time. Very good tapes! I lost my first 30 lbs with them About my Signature…. I have a lot of graphic programs because I still freelance in graphic arts (I have a computer graphics design degree). So I used one of my graphics programs to create it. I used Photoshop 7.0.

I am hoping to finish my house cleaning this weekend and still have enough time to get into the backyard and mark off an area where I want to put my raised boarder garden at. I saw some really great ideas for building a raised garden bed on the DIY (Do It Yourself) channel. They even have some really good ideas for building the wall too. I gotta see how much room I have in my backyard so I can see if I haveenough space to put the wall design I saw on TV in my backyard hehehe. It's one of those walls that is maybe... a 1-2 feet off the ground then like every so often you build a taller section like a post. So I can maybe put in lights on it... it's hard to describe but I'll have pictures when I'm done with it

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Take care Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:56 PM   #15  
Howdee Doo!

Just popping in to say hello. I posted here a while back lol but then life got busy and I had to go for a bit but hope to give it another whirl and be able to keep up this time lol. Hope everyone is having a super Friday!

Last edited by .::Felicia::.; 06-24-2005 at 06:10 PM.
.::Felicia::. is offline   Reply With Quote