South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 07:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Smile Thrilling Thursday - June 23

Quick post because Lucy is due at her Fur Stylist at eight!

Excellent news from Lorraine - she and Dave have decided to keep the Greenhouse open for another season! Yippee! I love working with her and had no idea what I'd do next March to fulfill my Spring yearnings!

This afternoon, Hershey and I will go to visit Harry. It's the monthly birthday celebration for the June birthdays and there is going to be a Mexican party with Margaritas! They'll be easy to resist as I find them way too sweet. I need to figure out something for Hershey to wear. Maybe multi-coloured ribbons?

I'll pop in later. Gorgeous day again, by the way.

What's happening at your place on The Beach?
Old 06-23-2005, 07:57 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, what a blessing re the greenhouse! Did Lorraine and Dave do that just for you?

I'm going baby shower shopping today for my sister and her DP. Well, for the baby. I'm also digging out the baby clothes I kept to pass on to my kids. There are some hand-knitted sweaters in there that my sister and I wore when we were babies, and I'm going to wash a couple of them and wrap them up... my sister will be delighted to have something that belonged to her.

Getting coffee...
Old 06-23-2005, 08:00 AM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies!

How about an Easter Bonnett for Hershey?

Ellis - -bring me back a cup?

This morning has been the best yet -- 191.8 I doubt it will stay as I didn't eat all that much last night. But I am going to go have some bacon (turkey) and a slice of toast (dark wheat by Pepperidge Farm) with PB for breaky before I leave for work. LOL that should get the number back up there!

Happy almost Friday!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:02 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick post! I am out of time already!

Ruth...Sounds like a wonderful day for you and the girls! I need a fur style myself! lol

Ellis...How sweet! I'm sure your sister will enjoy them!

Gotta jet! Love to all and have a great day!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:09 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies! well ...My elbow feels better but is still quite sore.....I hate not having my right arm its pretty annoying...especially when I have homework to do..and breakfast/lunch to make...not to mention showering....AND i was suppose to go to the beach tomorrow....!! I am sorry I am just venting...anyways..I am going into work today at 12...and staying till 930...*sigh....but at least i have TOMORROW off!

hope you all have a great day!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:10 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Angel, I was just going to post to you... I'm SO sorry about your elbow, sweetie! What a horrible (albeit, stupid. heh heh heh) thing to have happen! I hope it heals soon, hon...
Old 06-23-2005, 08:17 AM   #7  

Morning !
Wow, I had to catch up on yesterdays posts! Weren't we a bUnch of chatty cathys....

Jenne1017: WAY to go girl! That scale is movin south fast!

flMOM: You're so creative -love your avatars

Ruth: so wonderful about the greenhouse! A Fur"stylist" ? Love that!!
Gryffy: Have fun at the beach and happy 3rd anniversary
mamadragon: Glad you are feelin back in the pink
FFrog: The receipes are FABU! I am definitely eating more flavorful varieties now
Phins: WHOO HOOO, glad to hear that your seeing health results from all your hard work...
BrandynsMom: I got such a funny visual of your bellydancing!
Mat04: Enjoy enjoy enjoy I just love "girl sleepovers" on a lake no less!
mamaeli: Well done on those inches!
angelshine: heheeeheee...sorry to hear about your elbow...
Auntie Ellis: Have fun shopping - so nice that you saved those heirlooms, I'm sure your sister may even get teary eyed!l
Me: Well the propective buyers cancelled, the hubby got stuck on the NJ turnpike, commuting from NY ( NOT surprising - it can be a horror!!)
And I'm allergic to something..my face and neck have broken out in this horrid little itchy bumps and welts and blistery thingies..so I shall be pretty much zonked for the day taking Benedryl.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:27 AM   #8  

Good morning chickies..

Ruth I am sure you are so pleased that the greenhouse will be staying open. That is wonderful. Hope that your week is going okay and that you are slowly adjusting to your new "normal".

Ellis When is the baby shower? I love planning parties and such.

Jenne Woohoo! There is nothing better than "new lows" on the 'ole scale!

Bamie and Schatzi Morning!

Me- Eating was horrible yesterday! No excuses, just ate like crap. Today is a new day. Exhaustion is setting into my bones.... I had quite a bit of energy when I came home from the hospital, but it is running low. Definite time when I need to be eating healthier. Baby's 2 week appt is this morning- say a quick prayer that she is doing well and gaining weight!

I will try to check back in later!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:49 AM   #9  

Smile Good morning

Good morning everyone!

Just a quick post. My son's speech therapist will be here in an hour and I've got lots to do before then.

Day one was a breeze. I had energy, I didn't crave anything, and I was good. I did cheat a little at the movies (30 pecans instead of 15), but I'm still really proud of myself for not touching the popcorn.

I was only able to do a little cardio this morning. Could the detox be setting in? I feel fine now. It's just when I get up and start moving that I feel drained.

I'm going to go bet some breakfast and maybe a cup of tea

Toodles!
Christine
Old 06-23-2005, 09:00 AM   #10  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Good Morning!

I go to the doctor today!! I have an official weigh in on his scale, it was the last weight I got before starting SBD. I am hoping to stop by birth control and start clomid soon. Make me pregnant! LOL

Schatzi - hope the benedryl doesn't mess ya up too bad, has to be better than the bumps ad welts though. Stupid buyers I have never been to NY but I have a goal to make it to all 50 states someday so I am sure I will get there eventually. I am about 1/2way through the states now.

Kiko- my 1.5yo lost a LOT of weight before he left the hospital and they were going to keep him but we stayed an extra day that he didn't lose (finally got him on formula) so they let him go. By his 2 wk appt he was gaining normally so I am sure your appt will go fine also.

Christine- Grats on skipping the popcorn!! 30pecans definitely not as bad as a tub of oily popcorn.

Hi to everyone else My kids are screaming UGH! Can't sit down for 5 mins.... grumble grumble...
Old 06-23-2005, 09:04 AM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Chicks Thanks for all your greeting yesterday. Boy did I go off the beach yesterday.All non friendly meals.Hope I don't have to pay for it next W-I.

Ruth-Happy to hear the the GREEN HOUSEwill stay open. You Loved it so much,being around all those beautiful Flowers Still having possive thougths for you & Harry.Hope you'll find peace & comfort.

Ellis- Have fun shopping for the new baby & have a wonderful time at the shower . I love going to the shops with my DD look for the little ones clothes.

Jenne-Big congrats on your new weight

Bammie- Hi see you later.

Angel- vent all you want,we all here for you.OUCH!! What happened to your right arm????? I was MIA for serveral Days Post

Schatzi-Sorry about you rash,Yike on your face. Did you touch any poison ivy???? Sending some Healing : vibes your way.

Kiko-Sending [[[Prayer vibes]]]] your way for your littlle girl.

Have a nice day Ladies BB
Old 06-23-2005, 09:09 AM   #12  
beachbum

Fl-Mom & Christine we posted at the same time.

Fl_mom sending your baby vibes and good luchkat the doctors.

Christine-Good luck on the rest of the week.

Hugs BB
Old 06-23-2005, 09:18 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, darling Ruth...I'm so thrilled to hear you so happy! Great that the greenhouse will be open...I can't imagine your spring without trips there...it sounds like such a major part of your life at that time of year! The party sounds like so much fun! Will the home let you bring Hersh to visit her 'daddy'? I think a big sombrero is in order! Or perhaps red, green, and white ribbons for the Mexican flag?

Ellis, I was looking at pics from a friend's sister's baby shower yesterday. Like your sis, hers was surprised (and elated) by her pregnancy and the pics were wonderful. She definitely cried the most at the personal gifts like your sweaters will be. I bet your darling sis will be so thrilled. And hey, who are we kidding? Most of the presents really are for the parents. What baby says, "Yeah, I'm looking good today...what a cute outfit!" Have a blast, hon, and don't break the bank...it's WAY too easy to buy tons when you are shopping for a darling baby!

Jenn, WOW! How super exciting! Though I try not to get down when I see a bad number on the scale, I must admit that I have such a high when the number is low...and almost nothing can change that feeling! Enjoy your breakfast...it sounds amazing!

Bamie, you have a good day, hon!

Angel, I missed the post about your elbow...I'm so sorry you're hurt! Hope you heal quickly so you can enjoy all your favorite things again (like homework... )!

Hey, Schatzi...what a mess with the traffic and cancelling buyers! And your face!!! I hope you feel better very soon! What do you think you were allergic to? I actually talked with my doctor about my allergic reaction to mosquito bites, and he recommended that I take a claritin after I'm bit instead of benedryl. He thought it worked better and more quickly. Worth asking your doctor about, in case the benedryl doesn't cut it.

Kiko, honey, you're dealing with a LOT right now! I don't know about you, but after a year of teaching, I need several weeks to just lie on the couch and stare at the ceiling...it takes a lot out of you! On top of that, you just had a baby, honey! You are so amazing that I don't think you're quite aware of the toll that took on you! And now you have a baby and a little one to take care of at the same time. Kiko needs rest!!! Any chance that somone could take the kiddos for an afternoon so you can get in a long nap? Take care of yourself, okay, hon? And keep eating good protein and good carb combos to keep your energy up...that other food works more quickly but it wears off just as fast and leaves you worse off than before. You can do this, hon!

Hi, Christine! Welcome! Good for you on not eating popcorn! Don't beat yourself up in working out is too hard in P1...a lot of people wait until P2 to get back into exercising. It's tough during detox because your body can just feel 'thrashed'.

Me:
Well, in spite of TOM and a late night carb serving (didn't have any at dinner so ate it when I got home), I was down to 208 today. It's so nice to be below 210 that I'm not stressing about meeting my goal. Though this weekend and next I'll be away and when I'm away from home I tend to lose as I don't eat much.

This weekend we're going to a Marriage Encounter retreat. DH and I have wanted to do it for a very long time, since we really loved our Engaged Encounter experience. This sunday is our 6 year anniversary and so it seemed perfect. I'm not sure if we're at the same retreat house as last time, but if so, it's in a large mansion that was turned into a convent. It's right on a lake with beautiful grounds and a lovely chapel with a view of that lake. Very, very nice! 22 couples are registered and so maybe we'll make some new friends!

I'm going nuts at work...so much to do and no way I'll finish in time. At least I know that no matter what, I'm done after next Wednesday. I cannot wait!!! I have an orientation for my summer program on that Thursday, then we have the weekend off. Starting July 5, I'll be student teaching for six weeks in reading for my second teaching certification. I'm that the program will be better than last year's. That was terribly disorganized and mis-handled. Either way, I'll be done for GOOD in August!

Have a great afternoon, chickies!
Old 06-23-2005, 10:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Gooood Morning!
I am having sooo much trouble waking up this morning!!!

Ruth: Congrats on the greenhouse staying around another season!
I'm with Beachgal....a sombrero or some red, white, & green ribbons!!! Won't Hersh look sooooo cute! Hope you and your pooch have a great time visiting with Harry!

ellis: That sounds so special! Your sis will absolutely love it!

Jenne: sounds like things are going good for you! Keep it up!

angelshine: I woke up in the middle of the night and thought of you, when I couldn't move my ARM!!!!! I had been sleeping with my arm bent under me! it's still a little sore!!! LOL

Schatzi: sorry about the buyers...the right ones will come along!
The itchy bumps sound miserable! Get some good ol' Caladryl lotion (or the clear gel) it'll soothe it.

Kiko: Glad to hear the baby's doing well! You'll get into your own schedule soon and it'll all come easier! Don't fret about it.

brandyns_moom The de-tox should be hitting high gear in the first few days...I felt horrible my 2nd and 3rd days, no energy at all...but then it all came back and brought company too! I have had alot more energy since I started SBD.

fl_mom Good luck today at your DR. appointment!!!

beach bum: We should all be allowed to totally enjoy our birthdays without guilt! After all it only comes around once a year! your W-I should be just fine!!

beachgal: that retreat sounds incredible!! My DH and I need something like that...We both need a little break from the everyday life! I hope you both have a super weekend!!!!!

I had a fairly quiet night at work last night, but I stayed up way too late after I got home, and now I can't wake up!!! I need more COFFEE!!!
TOM showed up unannounced last night!! no warning signs or anything, usually I have a little bloating or cramping! last month it wasn't normal at all, but I've heard that that's typical when you lose weight, until your body gets used to it right?
I have to work tonight and then I'm off for the weekend! I'm very excited about having those three days off.
my oldest dd will be 18 yrs old one week from today! talk about feeling OLD.
yikes How can it be possible!!!
well, I'm gonna see what I can find for B'fast this morning!
I hope you all have fantastic days!
Old 06-23-2005, 10:59 AM   #15  
gotta lose it!

Morning all......I'm baking a cake for an employee's birthday today! UGH! Why do I tempt myself like this.....I'm alone with a cake!! I'm eating 3 bean salad.....the onions help kill the craving!! Well I gotta go do some icing...have a great day!
Closed Thread