Old 06-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#731

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:17 PM   #2  
~ Trying again ~

Hello ladies! How is everyone’s ‘Hump-Day’ going??? We are finally half way through the week! Two more days to go until we can hopefully have a glorious weekend.

I changed my mind and decided that I am going to take JuleeCeeS advice and I AM going weigh in this Friday and pray for good results! :

I know that I have been on plan most of the time except for dinners. For some reason when I get home – I just fizzle out and don’t feel like eating healthy.

Right now I am looking at the positives:
1. I am going to the gym and working out almost everyday. (And doing more physically than I thought I could do!)
2. I am eating a healthy breakfast, lunch, & snacks
3. I am not eating fast food everyday like I’ve been doing for the past 6+ months. (Watching “Super Size Me” really changed my thoughts on fast food!)
4. I am keeping a positive mental attitude!
I know that I can beat this…and it just takes time & determination. I do not plan on giving in today…tomorrow…or any other day. I really feel like I am in this for the long haul now!

So today after work I AM going to keep myself busy, and keep the bad food out of reach. After work I am going to empty out the panty and clean it. I am going to take out all the bad food, and stuff we no longer need & donate it to the local food pantry for less fortunate families. I am then going to designate the TOP shelf for Ricardo’s food, and the semi-eye level shelf for MY food. (That way I don’t necessarily see his food when opening the doors.) That should keep me busy for quite some time since we have a huge pantry!

This morning my aunt and I woke up early and met at the gym at 5:00 a.m. again. I was tired and really didn’t want to work out, but I did and I am thrilled that we did it. We even met a new workout buddy while we were there! There was an older lady there who was heavy like me, and we talked for a bit. She said she was happy to see other people there like her…it made her feel better. She told me that a trainer told her that if you are working out on the machines and you are looking to lose weight, that you should only do 20 lbs for weight, and just increase your repetitions when you feel comfortable. (I’m not sure if this is true – but I am going to try it.)

So today I did 10 minutes on the treadmill, 5 minutes on the bike, 5 minutes on the elliptical, and about 25 minutes on various machines. Today I was able to increase my repetitions on all of the machines except for one, so that made me happy.

I also called today and made an appointment for monday afternoon with an Endocrinologist. Last year I just went to a normal doctor and had my thyroid, sugar, cholesterol, etc… checked. The doc said that everything was ‘normal’ except that my cholesterol was slightly elevated. He never told me my numbers, and he never gave me any suggestions to lower the cholesterol. So I found out that an Endocrinologist specializes in certain things (like thyroid disorders, diabetes, obesity, hormone problems) and thought that I would go in for a check up once again. This new doctor seems really nice. I am also going to talk to him about my weight loss attempt, and see what he can recommend.

esmaraude – I think your hair look fabulous! I wish I could get my hair color like that! My fiance actually wants me to lighten my hair, while I want to darken it!

Solus – SO sorry to hear about your day yesterday. Sounds like you could have used the entire day in bed! I’m glad that you are okay though from the accident. There’s nothing scarier than getting into an accident! Weigh to go on losing the 4 lbs though!!! That is really great!!!

hippiegoddess – way to go on the 2.2 lbs!!! Awesome…awesome…awesome!!!

NoLifeWithoutHorses – Welcome to the group! I am still pretty much a newbie…still getting to know everyone. Stick around – this group is great!

SueMarie301 – I have been trying to just keep track of my calories & fat. I don’t do points, and I cannot stand to count carbs. I just try to make sure that I am eating a minimum of 1,200 calories a day and a maximum of 1,500. As far as the fat goes, I’m not really sure how much I should be eating, but I am trying to keep in in the 30-40 gram per day range. (Sometimes I don’t even get that much.)

thinthinker – I have to agree (being a Piston's fan since a young'in and being from the Detroit Metro Area)
DEEEEEETROIT BASKETBALL
GO PISTONS!!! GO PISTONS!!!

Well ladies - I am off to do some work! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! Keep up the great work!

Later!
- Kari

Last edited by starting_over; 06-22-2005 at 03:08 PM.
starting_over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 05:13 PM   #3  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I am stuck in another nasty plateau. I am staying OP, exercising, my body is firming, but the needle doesn't move. My last plateau lasted 5 months. I broke it finally by eating more. The last couple of weeks I have let my calorie totals creep down too far I guess. I lost weight when I went up to 1750. Lately, I've done good to get 1400. My brain, that has been trained by years worth of 1200 calorie diets that were successful (just in the short term, obviously), is just absolutely convinced that losing weight while eating more can't happen. It is a constant battle. Part of the problem is that this is the first diet that has lasted this long, and the first time that I have added exercise to a diet. I'm not tempted in the least to give up, I'm just frustrated again. I want a normal life, and I want it yesterday. Every week that goes by without a weight loss, is another week added to the date when I will finally reach my goal weight. I will reach it eventually this time, but I'd like it to be while I'm still young enough to enjoy it. So I'm off to force myself to eat. I really hate that.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 06:23 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default I brought ShadiePurple over so she wouldn't get lost on the last thread.

From ShadiePurple:

Greetings ladies Hope all is going smoothly.

Biggal: I hear you sister about the sizes not changing enough with the weight loss. I've lost 37 lbs in 2 months and my clothes feel the same I have dips and dents in my fat, so I know it coming off. But it also feels like a joke because my clothes feel the same. I just remind my self that I got this size by suprise and didn't feel it coming on either, so I guess its still ok. I hoping for both of us for our hard work to show up soon. Good luck. Think positive and drink water!!

Solus: I'm sorry you had a fall down moment just remember, a fall down moment only has to last A MOMENT . We have the choice to make the next moment better. You did super even with your bad day 4 lbs!!!!! That is sooooo awesome!!! Be proud. You did a good thing for your self.

Hippygoddess: I've missed you lady!! Great job on you 2.2 lb loss. Thats terrific. Your knees say "thanks".

DOXIEMOM: Good job on all your hard work. I'm sorry to hear your endometia ablation is not doing its job any more. My doctor wants me to have that done. I'm scared of it. Lord knows I need it bad. I super inimic (spelling) no iron, that i have to take buckets of iron The doctor mometors my iron monthly due to my heavey TOM. Do you think the proceedure was hard on you?? Would you do it again?? I'm just searching for information Sorry to get so personnal, but I trust your oppinion. Take care of your wonderful self

Dogpal......where are you???? I hope your doing well. I so love your posts. Hope your away because your doing something fun. Keep up the hard work. I'm thinking about you often.

Thank you to those who posted a cheer for my loss I still can hardly belive I did 37 lbs already...I'm still fat How come?? Thats sounds like enough to be smaller!! HA HA HA. Enjoy your lives and those who love you.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:31 PM   #5  
Leanne

I was reminded today how quickly we can get used to something. Some of the people who have been here a while might remember how much trouble I was having adjusting to having to wear professional clothes for work/interviews, as I haven't had to do that before.
Well I put my jacket in for drycleaning a couple of days ago, and when I got it back this morning I realised how much I missed it! Wearing it to a business expo today felt like second nature. It makes me realise that I need to try new things (health-wise) and those too will become second nature once I do them for a while.

The expo I went to this morning was "Ability through technology" - for people who produce technology that help people with various disabilities. It was extremely interesting, with stands with alternate input devices (like large/different mice, keyboards, sticks to control mouse movement), readers for people with vision impairment, dragon dictate (a disabled boy who only had movement in one finger, and very limited wrist/head movement demonstrated how he uses this to be independent in the mainstream classroom), and software for people with learning disabilities, from literacy to autism. A woman spoke on how she had been a manager, and woke up one morning with very little vision (caused by undiagnosed MS) and now has 20% vision. She lost her job, was devastated by her physical prognosis, but then pulled herself up, went back to study to get further qualifications (with the help of assistive technology), and now has started a new life.
It made me realise how much I take for granted. Sure, I have a 'disability' - my arthritis and my size stop me doing a lot of things - but I am not affected in my sight, hearing and ability to do my job. It was extremely motivating for me. I am not going to let my weight get in my way as much as I have been!

Sorry for rambling on!

Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:03 AM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

Thinthinker – Well I’m hoping to build an oasis… well at least somewhere that we can spend as a family, particularly on those cool summer nights where its burning inside the house and nice and cool outside.

Theotherjen – I’m looking for that sledgehammer… actually today I did pretty good Baby steps is my motto. One day at a time.

Doxiemom - :blush: ooooh me on the tractor EEK! A dog stroller OOOH! I’ll have to look that up on ebay heheheh. My dog is spoiled rotten as well. I was gonna buy her a den, one of those iron cage dog house thingies… but since all my female rats have passed on, I decided I would turn the rat cage into a Condo for Heidi. Now when I say rat cage, people get that worried look in their eyes. This cage is HUGE! It’s like 3 feet wide 3 feet deep and 4 feet tall. So she’s got 3 floors. The flooring has carpet on it to protect her feet from the mesh flooring and she has her bed in there. Once my boy rats pass on (I have 2 left) I am going to combine their cage with Heidi’s cage and make a super condo for her lol. I’ll have to get a picture of that when I set up a photo album for her as well *grin*

Lilion – yeah, we got really lucky with this house. Most of the houses now-a-days are track homes where basically you step out on your porch, reach out your arm and you can touch your back wall. ITTY BITTY YARDS! I can basically fit another house in my backyard. That’s the one thing I’m grateful for is the yard size. We’re actually considering on adding onto the house, about another 1200 sqft later on once I get a permanent job as a teacher. Assuming the housing costs are still out of reach. So I’m looking to expand and make my kitchen bigger and then add on a second floor. All ideas right now.

Starting-Over – Yeah that’s what I heard is a good range 30-40 grams. I think?? I was curious, cause I too count calories, but I’m taking in about 2200 calories. I was told not to cut back so much, because we figured to maintain my weight I had to eat about 3200-3400 calories. When I first started loosing weight, I was eating 1600 calories and that is how I lost my first 30lbs, but I got sick quite a few times afterwards, and so the doctor I saw told me not to cut back so much at one time. So, I’ve been cutting about 800 at first and then will cut back form there slowly. After all that I was just curious as to what your intake was, particularly the fats. But I see we got the same kind of range going on.

Today was the first day of class for me at summer session, so far so good. I like my calculus teacher so far LOL it’s only been one day, so far so good LOL. By the end of next week I’ll probably be thinking of some pretty nasty names for him LOL like my previous calculus teacher. But so far so good. Ohh I got some really good news today too

Test Date: 05/21/2005

-----------------------------
Examination: 103 CSET Multiple Subjects Subtest III

Passing Status: Pass
-----------------
Single Subject Assessments for Teaching and CSET examinations were developed specifically for use in teacher credentialing. To preclude the use of Single Subject Assessments for Teaching and CSET scores for purposes other than credentialing (e.g., employment, assignment), scores of passing candidates are not reported.

1 down 2 to go!!! WOOHOOO

Okie gotta run… take care everyone!
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:11 AM   #7  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Solus...I'm glad I could help (although if you don't have a super WI you can smack me for it). I like your suggestions about rearranging your pantry. When I started WW I totally cleaned house...fridge, freezer and pantry. I live alone, so I was to blame for all of the bad food in there...but it's funny the set up you proposed. In the grocery store...the things we WANT (aka bad stuff) is always at eye level....a perfect place for kids in shopping carts to grab it. The "good stuff" (aka healthy) is always way up top or way down low. Good Luck!

My friend who has recently started WW with Jason and I had a gain this week..and she started getting teary...it was like watching myself. It's so hard when you have done it all right but the numbers don't reflect it. Hopefully my pep talk helped her...we went shopping over the weekend and she got into a pair of size 12 jeans and a Medium dress..and looked way cute in both. So I told her to focus on the feeling and not the numbers.

Jason...is supposed to be on mainteance and NOT losing...so naturally he lost over a lb. They told him to eat more.

Tonght we had such a good meeting..we talked about alternate foods again and about the "cost" (health wise and not financial) of better food choices...and how foods that can cost more (light breads, SF pudding, etc.) are better for us and that it costs far less to eat crap.

So I made myself a treat when I came home...I dipped strawberries in Cozy Shack SF chocolate pudding ( 1 pt per cup) and they are now in the freezer! Plus I got to finish the cup. This pudding is so excellent....very thick and a great flavor. As a general rule, with the SF vs. FF pre-packaged puddings..the SF ones are better in terms of calories and points.

I was happy to lose .4 this week. I knew I had overdone it and had a bad week...I went a little wild and just flat out ate too much a few times and didn't really track as well as I should have. So I am going to refocus and recommit this week!

Has anyone tried any of the WW menu at Applebees? I think we are going there this weekend and I would be curious to know if anyone has eaten from the WW menu and enjoyed it.

OK...I have a question for you ladies...or rather a multi-part question:
1) Do you have a SO (husband, fiance, serious BF, wife, GF, partner, etc)?
2) Is your SO heavy, of typical weight, or thin?
3) Does your SO support your weight loss efforts...if so, how?
4) Were you heavy when you met your SO?

I'm just sort of curious here...feel free to PM me your responses if you don't want to reply on the forum.

Early morning tomorow...buenas noches!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:17 AM   #8  
Determined to Lose!!!

Well, TOM rears its ugly head again... I can't believe I've had my period every month since the age of 12 and 15 years later I am still shocked and angry when it's here! Well, at least I'm not PREGNANT. Yes, let's look on the bright side...

Well, I should have known because yesterday after work I had a snack attack, so I stopped off and got these 'not my usual virtually fat free yogurts.' I had one and saved one for DH. I also bought a 97% fat free malted fruit loaf. Well, I was picking on that while cooking... then suddenly my healthy turkey, chick pea and vegetable stew morphed into a turkey, chick pea and vegetable stew with dumplings! And it was yum! I only had one bowl even though there was plenty of picking on that malted loaf.... *sigh* I hate it... why do I always feel so hungry this time of month? And it's always like I want bread and sweets - exactly what I'm trying to cut down on!!! grr.
AND, my weight has begun it's depressing monthly rise. I guess I won't be posting a loss on Tuesday... ra! I swear everytime I really get into seeing those numbers drop, here comes TOM showing the same or more weight.... oh well. I'll try to get over it and stay OP today.

sorry, i don't have time to reply to posts (already running late for work) but I'm thinking about you gals.

Love you!
Tammara
BIGGIRL27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:00 AM   #9  

To answer Julee's questions---

Yes, I have been married to my husband, Nathan, for almost 2 years.

He is also overweight.

He absolutely supports me. We walk together and we plan meals and talk about what we are doing wrong or right. He is so awesome about this and has lost about 30lbs himself.

Yes, I weighed about 285 and gained about 50lbs since then, but he is one of the rare men that actually is more attracted to "bigger" girls. So I snapped him up quick.
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:22 AM   #10  
Ima bundle *' emotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuleeCeeS

OK...I have a question for you ladies...or rather a multi-part question:

Thanks Julee for something to reply to (or better yet say). Stopped posting cause I felt I was sumtimes talking to myself. But anyways.

1) A b/f
2) I wouldnt say he's fat. But he's not skinny either. He might be I dunno maybe 20 lbs "overweight". So he has weight on him but nothing that I'd call heavy
3) Umm I think he's tired of me talking about weight loss and nothing's coming off. I dont really bring it up with him anymore. But its not like he bashes my efforts or anything
4) Yes however I'm about 40 or so lbs heavier than when I met him a lil over 2 years ago.
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:49 AM   #11  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hello all!

When I started reading the posts today, you guys had already written so many of my own thoughts:
I KNOW I can beat this... I’m NOT giving up...
I’m looking at the POSITIVES... I want a Normal Life...
I got this size by surprise… I’m not going to let my weight get in my way!
Not that that should surprise me of course.

Julie's survey made me a lot more appreciative of the efforts my hubby puts in to helping me. He's just got a little tummy, nothing much, and was always stick-thin until a few years ago, so for him to "get" the weight problem thing is really something. He bought me a treadmill when I was mumbling about one (even though we're seldom home to use it), he encourages me to buy diet books, walking shoes, or whatever my current weight loss wish list happens to have on it. We drive truck long haul, and this week we've been home trading into a new truck. Even with all the other important, time-consuming things he had to do on the thing, the first thing he did was buy me a bigger fridge for my veggies & diet chow, and he BUILT a platform to raise the thing up off the floor so it's more accessable. He doesn't talk at all about my dieting, which had me thinking he wasn't very supportive, but I was wrong. I've really adjusted my thinking this morning.

I can't begin to respond to every one, so perhaps I'll do a little lurking. But I wanted to say I really appreciate the list being here. What a great bunch of folks! I'll jump in when I can.
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone. I'm feeling a lot better today. TOM finally went away and 2.2lbs fell off over-night. I didn't expect that because I was still losing throughout TOM albeit significantly slower than I had previous weeks. I weigh everyday but I USUALLY only "count" the weekly WI. However, this time I'm going to bend my rule a 'lil bit and get happy. Wooo! Only 3.8lbs away from hitting the big 30!

Starting Over: Concerning the weight training, the Trainer wasn't exactly accurate. Using lower weights and higher reps would only work to help improve weight loss if it were an aerobic exercise and you were getting your heart rate up for an extended period of time. Running on the treadmill with small weights in your hands, for example.

However, muscle burns fat and the higher your lean body mass (muscle) the more calories you will burn in a day. To build muscle you must lift consistantly heavier weights so that your body has something to adapt to. Unless you challenge your body, it has nothing to build from. Higher weights, fewer reps are the key!

One of my all time favorite sites is www.stumptuous.com There is LOTS of great info there. However, since there is so much, it can be hard to find out what you want to know so here are some links to the information which explains a little better what I am talking about.

http://www.stumptuous.com/gymlies.html
http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
http://www.stumptuous.com/fatchick.html

JuleeCees:

I've tried the Applebees meals. They're ok if you have to find something to eat at a restaurant, but they're nothing to write home about.

To answer your questions:

1. I have a S.O.
2. He is also over 300lbs
3. He supports my weight loss efforts but he doesn't participate in them.
4. I was heavy when we met, but not THIS heavy. I was sick for a long time and put on 100lbs in 2 years. Then I was depressed from life and all the weight and put on another 30lbs.
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:02 AM   #13  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Oooo, One thing I meant to say - many of you who've hit plateau's are doing lots of exercising along with really doing great on your eating. Sounds to me like building some more dense muscle may be at least part of your "problem". In any case, remember when you couldn't DO that much exercise? Many of you have come SO far, I'm just inspired!!!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:26 AM   #14  

Default I think I found it!

Well, here I am back again! I looked and I searched all over the place and finally located my will power, or at least I hope I did!

Sounds as if most of you are right on the money with your program, that is wonderful and I am pulling for you. I don't know why I go off on those eating splurges, but if I ever figure out what starts me on that path I will squash it right away. It is like duh! Why do you do that? I think most of you will understand that.

Julee, in answer to your question. Yes, married for many, many years. Hubby is very tall and I can't say overweight although he has put on some around the middle. He was a real skinny young fellow though. He has never cared or at least acted as if he cared how big I am. I am more aware of my overweight than he seems to be. Isn't that something? Yes, I was overweight, but not so much so when we married. We had known each other since we were teenagers. In fact I was seventeen when we married, and no we didn't have to. LOL Young and stupid, but so in love.

Sue Marie, good job on the backyard project. I wish I still had my house with the pool. sigh, the exercise is wonderful and relaxing. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Extrinsic rapture, I know what you mean...exactly! I have felt a little as if I were talking to myself too.

I know there are a lot of newbies on here and if I haven't said hello to any of you...Hello!

I don't remember what else was written, and I am too lazy to bring up the site again to look. By the way, does anyone know what happened to 2cute? Thin, do you hear from her?

Time for me to get off of here and get busy. Have an OP day. Iwillbe

Last edited by Iwillbe; 06-23-2005 at 09:28 AM.
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Thumbs up

Wow, I just finished reading all of your posts for the past week. I love you guys. I'm sorry that I have been gone since the 17th. I got a horrible chest/head cold that kept me in bed. I was very sick. I am getting better now and I want to tell everyone who was missing me a huge thanks. To everyone who wished me a happy birthday thank you so much. Although I got ill the night of my birthday, I know this is going to be a great year for me. I turned the big 39. I have never belonged to anything like this site and I am so thankful for all of you ladies. I felt like I was back at work as a secretary today taking notes (giggle) so I can reply to some of you. I hope I don't leave anyone out. Here goes.

Brandnewme: I am so very sorry about your Unlce's passing . I will be praying for you and your father. Loosing someone we love is such an awful and helpless felling. (Hugs to you)

SueMarie: the pictures of your pool are wonderful. You are so cute on the tractor . Good luck on the trenches. I am a CA native and of coarse we also put in a pool when we bought our first home. We bought one of those pools that they show on TV in Cali with the elephant playing in the water. It was 26 feet and it was heaven. I sure miss it. I used to swim all year long (we had a heater) and I lived in the Sacramento Area. Here in Idaho, backyard pools are a lot more costly to run in the winter (ya now snow and all) We don't have one now and boy am I envious of all of the good times you will have. A huge congrats on your passed test!

Tashabella: Sorry about your bad neighbors. We had some renters next door to us that were awful thankfully they have moved on. I will be praying for you to have new neighbors (better ones). Congrats on recommitting yourself to loosing this weight. You can do it. You are strong and you have the knowledge and the desire. Keep after it.

Catherine: I truly have such sorrow in my heart for you about hating Father's Day. I can totally feel the pain you are talking about in your post. I am so lucky to have my dad still around. I did loose my mother a couple of years ago. I know it is so hard sometimes. I know this doesn't take the pain away but I bet your Father would be so proud of how far you have come, so very proud of how many women (possibly men) on this site that you help and inspire every time you write a post. Please never stop. I so look forward to your wisdom, funny stories and just everything you have to say. You give EVERYONE here insnpiration and hope. I do know what you mean about wanting a different life without dieting and wanting it yesterday. Wow, when I see how far you have come I have no doubts that your stalled loss will shake off shortly and you will be loosing once again on your way to a healthier you.

Solus: I haven't had air conditioning in my car for 3 years. It stinks. I am proud of you for going to the gym. Keep up the great work. I am so sorry that you had a horrible day the other day and that it ended for you in a wreck . I sure hope you didn't get hurt. Congrats to you on the -4 pounds. Way to go!

Angie B: You are in my prayers regarding the hole in your heart. Just like Catherine I can feel the pain you have. Hang in there. Keep your head up. (hugs)

Biggril: YOU ROCK!!! 8 mile walk for Life. I am soooo impressed. You are a total inspiration! I can barely walk down the street. You have given me something to really look forward to. I am so proud of you. What a great accomplishment. Plus, you got the bonus of loosing 5 pounds. Wonderful.

Juleecee: Good job on eating healthier than you would have before. That is great and you should pat yourself on the back and be proud of your accomplishments.

Eeyaedja: A great big welcome to you. I hope that you get so much out of this site. The ladies here are so full of love and inspiration for each other. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

TheotherJen: I bought a bike at Walmart and put my big ole fat booty on it at 500 pounds. It is a wonderful mountain bike. I have not ridden it in a loooong time because I want to loose some weight first. It is so uncomfortable riding down the street with a seat up your rear lol. Plus I imagine it looks horrid. Wonderful for you about getting into a smaller size jeans. Keep it up!

Ageold: So nice to see you back. I hope that you come more often again and post more often.

Jillybean: Have a great trip to Georgia. Don't work too hard girl!

Iwillbe: Come on You can do it. Today is the day that you will be back on the uphill. You have the strenght and desire to get back on track. We are all here pulling for you and pulling you along up the hill with us. Don't let go of our hands! You can do this.

Startingover: Yea to you on your 1st day at the gym and all of the things that you did. Keep going as much as you can and before you know it, you will be in a habit of going. I know that I miss it when I don't go. I never thought I would hear myself say that but it is true. Congrats on joining. Tell your Aunt that I said congrats to her too.

Thinthinker: I am sorry to hear about your hubby not getting the job. There will be something better coming up soon. Hang in there.

Lilion: Sorry that your trip was so awful. Being a big time "Dogpal" I would have been so upset if one of my sweetie pies got hurt. I am glad to hear that you furbaby is doing ok and that the meanie dog's owners are paying. Hopefully your next vacation will be 100 times better.

Shadie: Wow! Wow! Wow! -13 so wonderful. I am so excited for you. Being over 400 myself, I have butterflies knowing that you are sooooo close to being under the 400 mark. Keep on movin. You are doing so great. I will be on your trail soon!

Futurediva: Glad that you had a good time at the beach. AS for motivation, anything that I can do to help just let me know. It is yours. You are doing so well. Give yourself a pat on the back. Keep on going towards the goal. You are totaly headed in the right direction. You can do it.

Syn 1977: Yea! -10 so wonderful. Keep up the great work.

Esmaraude: Wow, size 24, In my dreams. Good for you. What an accomplishment. Your hair looks so good by the way.

Doxiemom: You go girl! 2 mile walks each evening. I can't wiat until I can walk. That is so wonderful. Keep on walking. I have been noticing that on the 30 minutes a day for June you are moving daily.

Leanne: Thank you for reminding me of how lucky we are. What a wonderful day to start my day to thank God that I am so lucky. I watched a program on Tv last night on Disc. Health called "Super Obese" It was so touching and one lady on there said she just wants people to know that she isn't just a blob of skin, that she is a real live person who has feelings. I found myself thanking the Lord that I don't have some of their problems either. We need to remember often how lucky we are. Congrats on the -2.2 slowly and steadily you will keep going down even with your hurting body. I am so happy for you.

Valerie: Welcome, welcome, welcome. I hope that you find much love and inspiration here. Congrats on getting your wedding ring to fit. It is a wonderful huge milestone and I am so happy for you that you achieved it!

Whew, I made it through. I hope that I didn't forget anyone and If I did, so sorry and a big hug.

Be blessed,
dogpal
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote