WW IS BETTER 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2001, 11:30 AM   #1  

Talking Explain La Weight Loss

Hi what is LA weight loss about is it better than WW? Please let me know
Old 07-15-2001, 11:54 PM   #2  
choose it to loose it:)

I tried ww and didn't like it. I didn't like the feeling of being put on the spot during the meetings. I also thought that the point system was really confusing to me and so I never stuck to it.

Karen M
Old 07-17-2001, 10:09 AM   #3  

Hi!
Well there are differences between the two. Let me just say that both are good programs. I have been on WW and am now on LAWL. I lost 3 pounds in 4 months on WW and I have now lost 11 pounds in 1.5 months on LA WL. I am very sensitive to carbs and b/c I chose to eat mostly carbs for my points I did not lose. I know this now, but did not at the time. LA WL is very strict. I cannot have but 2 starches a day and they have to be certain ones. I have 3 veggies, 3 fruits and 2 proteins. It is kinda like food combining as well. I go and weigh in 3 times a week and meet with my counselor one on one. I do better with the one on one counseling instead of a group setting. We are also required to purchase LAWL bars, jello, or pudding. You must eat 2 a day. They are high in protein and burn fat. LAWL is a very costly program. You pay upfront for 52 weeks. It is reasonable for the weeks, but it's the bars that add up. I hope I have answered your question. Both are great programs and work for different people.
Marcie
Old 07-18-2001, 11:20 PM   #4  

Hi "eat all the time"

La Weightloss is absolutely terrific!!!!!!!! I have been on it since September--and as of the beginning of March--I had lost 45 pounds and 30 inches (without exercise)---imagine if I did exercise!!!!!!!! I have beeeeen a bit off track since March (went away of vacation and I haven't been motivated since then---not LAW fault)-------anyway, it is basically what Marcy said---but, so much better. I LOVE my counselors and my manager----you meet with them about 3 times a week ONE ON ONE. That was what I needed---I hated going to WW meetings and sitting there listening to the same person go on and on.and the same person in the crowd constantly taking over the meeting and asking ridiculous questions. LAW is all about you and you only. I fooled myself so many times with WW----if I started going in the beginning of the week and at some point had a horrible weekend---I would wait a few days until I thought I might have lost the weight I gained over the weekend. I was only fooling myself. Or, I knew I did so bad and might have gained, and I would think---why should I go and pay, just to see weight gain-so I constantly would stop going and join again once there was no registration fee. I can't count on both of my hands and feet, how many times I joined throught my life-----and I am only 32------joined and rejoined so many times in 12 years.
Even if people complain about the price of the bars---I knew it was well worth it. We don't think twice about buying chips, cookies, ice cream, soda--whatever junk!!! But,once we have to pay to lose weight, so many people cry about the price-------it was the best money I ever paid---but, I knew that the days I walked in there. I have NEVER complaned about the price. The only thing I reme3mber complaining about was having to buy new clothes in a smaller size (when I had just bought something in a larger size a week before that was too big) I think that is a great complaint. Just think how we feel whrn our clothes are too tight, and how we feel having to buy a bigger size and fooling ourselves that the size doesn't really matter--or trying to sqeeze ourselves into that smaller size, when we really should be buying the bigger size--we just don't want to admit to ourselves that we actually are that size.
Anyaw, good luck to you in whatever you do
Take Care
Margaret
Old 07-23-2001, 10:37 AM   #5  

Angry

I think LAWL sounds a lot like what I do - Physician's Weight Loss. I'm on the accelerated System IV. In 4 weeks my BMI has dropped from obese to overweight (yay!) I lost 13 pounds in that time, and am now supposed to lose 3 pounds a week. The upfront cost buys you weekly supplies of multivitamins, mineral tabs, EFAs and a weekly B-12 shot (ouch but WORTH IT). I can go everyday if I want to weigh in and talk one-on-one with a counselor. They also give you a pre and post blood test, EKG, and you get an initial and final exam by a doctor. I feel safe with all this medical attention. The counselors are nurses and dieticians at my center.

For the next 12 weeks I eat:
BR: 1/2 piece diet bread or 2 melba toasts
2 oz. diet cheese, or 1/4 cup cottage cheese or 2 medium eggs or 1/2 c. egg substitute
Protein supplement (12 grams pro. 60-80 calories)

LU: 1 small fruit, or 3/4 c strawberries or 1/2 cup berries or 1/8 melon
1 cup salad or mixed vegetables and fat free dressing
Protein supplement

DIN: 4 oz. lean protein (beef only once a week)
4 oz. vegetable (they have a long list)
1/2 pc. diet bread or 2 melba toasts

OPT: up to 2 more protein supplements

I lose 3 or 4 pounds a week on this and I feel pretty good because of all the supplements. Is this like LAWL? There isn't a PWLC thread, so I thought I'd hang out here with you guys.
Old 07-27-2001, 12:04 AM   #6  

Cool

I on the other hand had a BAD experience with LA WL . I did lose weight about 25lbs. But my counclers where very unforgiving. They where rude, and not very sensitive to any situation. While on the program I had a miscarrage and my doc told me to hold off on the program for 6 weeks so my body could recover and they where very mad about this. They did everything but come out and tell me not to listen to my doc. Then when I was able to go back on the program it was only about 6more weeks and I became pregnant again. After I had my daughter I decided to breastfeed and my doc told me that if the plan would allow me to dring 2cups of 2%milk a day and not to take the suppliments then i could resume the program. The counclers where very upset. They said this was not possible and that i had to choose the program or breastfeeding my daughter. I chose to breastfeed my daughter. They even had the nurve to tell me to suppliment my daughter that it wouldn't hurt her. I was so upset when i left. I went back about a month later and asked for a refund on what I had already payed and to this day (3.5 years later) they still owe me about $350.00

I also talked to a former councler and she told me that most of the time people loose the weight and go through the maintanence phase and the program ends, they usualy end up back in the center within a year looking to loose the weight that they gained in that year. She told me it is a scam.

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings just stating what happened to me. I hope the best for everyone.

Bella23
Old 07-27-2001, 11:16 AM   #7  
choose it to loose it:)

Bella, I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with lawl. I had to take myself off the program earlier this week because hubby lost his job. I go back at the end of Aug. But since I have been off of it I am still losing weight. I do think that some of there things are a little far fetched. So I just do my own thing on some of it and if I find that I am not losing the weight then I just cut back on it.

I was taking that trimax but found out that my stomach was getting upset and it was making me hungrier. I do think that eating a well ballanced diet and drinking your water as well as exersise is key. I don't think that an extra 1 1/2 cups of milk isn't going to kill your diet. I probably would have did it and then not told them. I was getting very good at lying on my diary. But I have lost 48 lbs and 20 inches

Well good luck on your weightloss

Karen M
Old 07-27-2001, 09:15 PM   #8  

Hi Bela
I am sorry you had a bad experience with LAW--but, I like a lot of us think it is awesome!!!!!!! My counselors have been nothing, but TERRIFIC!!! If they do owe you the amount of money you say they owe you--can I ask---Why are you not calling and harassing them every day? I know I would do that to whoever it is. You need to constantly remind someone--that way, they will figure "Let me get this one off my back"
As far as a counselor saying that after a year--you will be back to lose what you gained----that will happen with any plan if you don't stick to it---that has happened to me too many times then I can remember with Weight Watchers-----it is the person themselves--not the plan.

Why LA Weightloss is good for me------I LOVE my sweets and junk food-and LAW does that for me. I look forward to my bar at night, and if I want something salty---the cheese curls does it for me. I'm sorry---but, a peice of fruit just doesn't satisfy that want.

Take Care
Margaret
Old 07-28-2001, 09:04 AM   #9  

Please don't get me wrong, when I was on the program, I did loose the weight fast, but most of my problem was the fact that the program cost SO much money and My counclers where less then nice. I personally think that what ever you do to lose weight is great. If it works for you then go for it. It just didn't work for me.

As far as what they owe me, for a year I was calling and in their 2 or three times a week and they kept telling me that the main company was sending me the money, I e-mailed the company many times telling them I was still waiting for my money. I got no responce. I finely told myself (after paying the $500.00 off on my credit card) it wasn't worth any more time, I had already put in a lot of time trying to get it back. I think it would have taken a law suit to get the money back and it would have cost me more to do that. It was a decision I had to make. Trust me I tried.

Good luck to all
Bella23
Old 07-29-2001, 10:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Higuys,
We have an LA Weight loss in our area, but have never been.
I was wondering a little more about it-like the girl said you were only allowed 2 starches a day and a certain kind-what kind are allowed?
Also, what are the nutritional info on the bars you have twice a day-specifically calories,fat,carbohydrate,and protein. Also, do they contain any so called"fat-burners" like ephedra/ephedrine/ma huang/siberian ginseng or like Lcarnitine or chromium picolinate, because I have had adverse reactions to some of these ingredients and are unable to take them.
I have had to watch my weight all my life, and have been successful, even in losing the pregnancy weight from my first child. I have just had my second-and it is not wanting to budge for some reason. Just wanted to know if this would be able to be a plan I could do.
And to the woman whom they told that supplements wouldn't hurt her baby-DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM. They probably never breastfed their children, or they wouldn't suggest that you do so on the supplements. You can't even take Advil or aspirin when you breastfeed-only Tylenol! I nursed my new son, and didn't even attempt to lose the weight until I stopped-a limited calorie diet can also affect your milk supply.
It sounds to me like the counselors in her area location were not the greatest!
If anyone can give me the info I'm wondering about, I would greatly appreciate it.
Aphil
Old 07-29-2001, 12:23 PM   #11  

Angry Love LAWL

Aphil,
I have been on WW (8 times) and it had too much variety. I am like someone who mentioned that they spent all of their points on starches!!!! I'm having some problems staying motivated right now but I have to say that I have great counselors in my center and the LAWL forum here on 3FC really helps. I have to say that LAWL though is the one program where I have lost more than I ever have since I was 13y/o. I'm down 23# and am still trying to stay with it. It is a costly program, but it has been worth it for me.
That upfront fee was tough but the center worked with me and I paid it over about 4 weeks.

I'm really sorry, Bella you had such a bad experience. That was how it was 3 yrs when I first joined LAWL. They even told me that taking a shower before I came. (Yes I was dry when I go there and my hair was dry) could make a difference in my weight loss or gain! That was bull!!!!! I decided then that it wasn't for me, it I couldn't even take a shower and if all the rules and regs were going to drive me crazy. I believe that if you have great counselors, it makes all the difference in the world. The program itself isn't hard to follow. As I've always said- It works if you work it!!!!!

Good luck on your decision!
Janie
Closed Thread