Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 12:05 PM   #31  
Thursday Lady

Toot! Toot! Toot!
Okay, just indulge me for a moment.
I weighed on my scales this a.m. and found 2 1/2 pounds gone.......water retention. If I'd just drink 8 glasses of water each day and cut down on Diet Cokes, I'd feel so much better.
Okay, I had to toot my horn.

Susan, I'm sorry that knee isn't perfect yet.

Tammy, I'm with you, the thought of it being school-time is gross. I don't teach or have school-age ones but, I don't want summer to be over.
I thought school started later up North than down here. Am I wrong?

Does anyone have any good recipes using peaches? My sister & husband went peach picking Saturday & I now have a box of them. PLEASE, I need ideas.

Tina
Old 07-24-2001, 05:56 PM   #32  
Susan

Hello Ladies!!

Tammy, I know I'm sick about school. It is wonderful that ya'll are going to Parents night. I wish more parents were interested in their kids. By the way, Red Lobster is my favorite restaurant!!!!! Love those stuffed mushrooms!!

Tina, you go girl!!!! I'd be eating those peaches as fast as I could. Cut some up and freeze them. I love to eat frozen fruit right out of the freezer.

Ok, I've had cramps off and on for 2 weeks. This thing better get started soon. I feel like a bloooooob!!!!!

Wonder what's for dinner tonight? Sure wish I had a cook and didn't have to worry about it. Don't we all!!!!

Susan
Old 07-25-2001, 12:13 AM   #33  

Susan, you could have met us at the Scout camp and had supper. They had hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, macaroni salad, and watermelon. I had a burger and mac. sal. Tasted pretty good.

Tim was glad that we drove over. We got home about 11:00. I jumped in the shower right away. I felt pretty icky!!

Tina, you do know that it isn't Thursday yet and you shouldn't be getting weighed, right?
Well, congratulations anyway!!!!! Toot that horn!
I would too!!

I'm almost looking forward to my first weigh-in since establishing my post-Disney Ground Zero. I have to be down a pound. Hopefully more. I know that it is impossible to get to where I wanted to be by the time school (shudder) starts, but at least I'll be going in the right direction if I keep watching what I'm doing.
Old 07-25-2001, 08:56 AM   #34  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
That supper sounded great! I'd have wanted to eat everything in sight. Bravo, Tammy!!
And, yes, Tammy I know it wasn't weigh-in time I was just so excited. As you know, I try to stay away from those scales.

Today should be a busy one at work. Just wantec to check in before going.

Have a great day everyone.....

Tina
Old 07-25-2001, 03:25 PM   #35  

I think I would've eaten more at the camp last night, but I was so hot! And the bugs were not very pleasant either.

So far today I've done great. For supper we are having grilled tenderloin sandwiches and corn on the cob. Really a diet meal, right?
Old 07-25-2001, 03:33 PM   #36  
Thursday Lady

The grilled sandwiches and corn on the cob sound wonderful! We are having a barbeque dinner at church tonight...brisket, sausage, potato salad, beans, bread and cake. Uh Oh. I'll stick with the brisket and beans. I'm having lo mein noodles for lunch.

Starbucks nutritional guide--we can find it at www.dwlz.com.

Later,
Tina
Old 07-25-2001, 06:52 PM   #37  

I was going to hop on a plane and come to your church dinner just for the cake. That sounds really good right now. The tenderloin and corn were yummy, now I need (want) something sweet.

It rained!!!! Our yard was looking so bad. I don't know if it rained enough to help though. About 15 miles north of here, they had 3 inches of rain yesterday and today. When Bob talked to someone up there earlier today, we hadn't had anything.

According to the weather channel, they should be getting rain at the Scout camp. It was very dry when we were there last night. Too much chance of fire. Maybe the rain will cool it off for the boys.
Old 07-25-2001, 08:42 PM   #38  
Susan

Glad ya'll had a good food day. Ya'lls dinners sounded really good. Tonight we had pizza. Yum!!

This has been a hard food day. I've eaten everything in my sight. Think I'll go flush myself out with lots of water. I think I'm gonna skip weigh in this week.

Tina, once again you did great!!
Tammy, had you been close, I would have come to the cook out.

Not much new here! Talk to you tomorrow.

Susan
Old 07-27-2001, 05:52 PM   #39  

Buona sera a tutti! I'm in Rome, and just managed to get logged on. Thought I'd toss a note in here to see how everyone is.

Things are great here. Weather is fabulous. Food is, of course, fabulous! Lunch is prosciutto, mozzarella, incredible italian bread, tomatoes and salad pretty much every day, with some minor variations. I'm not counting points, but rather just keeping an eye on what I'm doing. I'm also weighing to make sure I don't get out of control, and so far, so good.

I haven't managed to read all the notes, but did see a mention of peach recipes up top there. The only great thing I know to do with peaches is to slice them up and put them in your glass of red wine at the end of the meal. Not terribly WW, but VERY italian

Anyway, it's almost midnight (early by Rome standards!), but I need to get some shuteye. I think we're off to the beach tomorrow.

Have a great week, everyone!

Laura~
Closed Thread