South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 05:13 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Beach Chat - June 21

Starting us up on the longest day of the year - well, longest daylight anyhow.

Today will be long and rough as I pick up Harry at 10 and install him in his new residence. I'll stay there to get him settled and have lunch with him. Then it'll be home to start the next chapter in Life which will involve getting on with it!

I hope everyone has a great day. Stop and smell the roses, OK?
Old 06-21-2005, 06:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth. It seems as though I just follow you around the forum telling you I love you.
Hugs and prayers for you and Harry on this difficult day.
I'm glad you're looking for all the good in life, and I can see that you're finding it. I love you, sweetie.

Kiko, I saw the photo of your children... they are BEAUTIFUL!! You're so blessed. I hope the walking plan goes well! I'm doing the seven week running program from Prevention!

It's lovely and sunny out! It's darned sunny in here, too. I'm typing blind. The sun is RIGHT in my eyes!
Do you want the temperature? It's 15C (58F) going up to 29C (84F) with a "risk" of thunderstorms. I don't know why the heck they have to say "risk". What's the risk? That our gardens might get a little much-needed moisture?

My DD is in exam week, and she's home today. I forgot about the summer holidays, and that I won't have a day to myself again until September! damn!

What's everyone up to today?
Old 06-21-2005, 07:00 AM   #3  

Morning Chicks,

Ruth: Sending you hugs of support,I'm sure this will be an emotionally tough day for you . ..

Ellis: Today will be a lovely 86 degrees and I will be reading poolside..Enjoy some time with your DD!

My DH is such a love, every morning he pads downstairs headed for the Coffee.. he sees me on the laptop- and just knows What I'm doing and says " So how are the fat chicks doin this morning?" Yesterday he asked about you Ruth, and how "harry" was doing...He just thinks this site is wonderful ... when I've been tempted to cheat , he would say..."hmmm, what would the fat chicks say to you?" So to all of you Thankyou for all the support and words of wisdom!
Have a great day!
Old 06-21-2005, 07:09 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Schatzi, what a lovely husband you have! It's hard to come by a good man, isn't it? (I've got one, too)
Enjoy your pool time, you lucky girl!
Old 06-21-2005, 07:13 AM   #5  

Yes, he's so wonderful I married him twice....once in a traditional catholic wedding... divorced and got remarried at the Viva Las Vegas Chapel by Elvis in Vegas.... so once by the Pope and the next by the King...
Old 06-21-2005, 07:49 AM   #6  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Ahh back on the beach! Feels good. Except going to the bathroom no less than 5x last night. Oh well that's what I get for eating the turtle sundae last Friday.

Ruth - Many hugs and prayers for you right now.

Schatzi - So funny! Enjoy your day.

Ellis - Have a great day!

Me I'm off to work. And to have my cottage cheese and V-8. The doctor complimented me on my weight loss yesterday. She said the lump is just part of getting older. Me older? Somebody better let me in on that secret cause I don't feel older.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:59 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks!

Back down to 193.8. One more day of Phase 1, although I am tempted to do more, and back to more than one day of Phase 2. I am just busy trying to figure out when to eat the d@mn slice of bread!!!

Ruth -- hugs to you today

Ellis -- here's to garden rain!!! (Plus, storms aren't so bad to look at -- or fall asleep to! )

Schatzi -- my HB does that too It's a way of being supportive while blaming the chicks

Amy -- Welcome back!!

Happy Tuesday all...
Old 06-21-2005, 08:01 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin chickies! Runnin behind this morning tryin to catch up on everything.

Ruth lots of hugs headin north for you today. I hope they make it up there at just the right time.

Ellis...We had major storms yesterday afternoon and lastnight and maybe more today. Just when DH got all the limbs picked up!!!!!!!! tee-hee!

Schatzi...What a dear you have!

Anchor....What is that doc thinkin? Your not getting older just better! lol

I'm off to finish getting ready for work! WooHoo! The only downside so far is that everyone there smokes but me! I burn my candle all day but it still can be overpowering when there is more than one person in there. Ok I gotta jet. Have a great day all!
Old 06-21-2005, 08:02 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Jenne!
Old 06-21-2005, 08:40 AM   #10  

I'm here but feeling crappy. My TOM is all messed up. The hormone swings are making me feel sick. I spent most of yesterday in bed. Today is looking a little bette.

Ruth, I hope all goes well. Hugs to you and Harry.

Schatzi, my husband and daughter think it's funny that I talk to the "fat chicks".

Everyone else, hugs.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:12 AM   #11  

Good morning!

Ruth HUGS to you today!

Ellis, Schatzi. Jenne, Mama, Bamie, and Anchor- Have a super day on the beach!

My plan to start the walking plan this morning is foiled as my DH had to go in to work early. I cannot quite get up my heartrate when walking with my 3 1/2 year old. I am just going to do a WATP tape- the 2 mile. It will probably kick my butt as I did ZERO exercise while pregnant.

Later gators!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:21 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi Bamie, Mama and Kiko!!!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:21 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ruth~Hope the transition goes smoothly for both of you

I've been up since 1:30 (thank you menopause!!). Nothing special planned for today.Tonight I'm going to make my first attempt at grilling a Teryaki Pork Tenderloin for dinner. I've been staying OP but still stuck on the same 2-3 pounds.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:31 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone!
its a beautiful day and HAPPY summer! Today is a super long day yuk...work all day then class...I cant wait for friday I have it off..and it BETTER be nice cause i dont care if its raining i am going to the BEACH!
heheheh......enjoy the sun chicks!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:33 AM   #15  

Good Morning Chicks,

First and foremost, hugs and prayers are being sent your way Ruth. I wish were the Dalhi Lhama and knew great words of wisdom to send to you. May God be with you!

Ellis, we are getting a little dry here also, after all our rain 2 weeks ago. I cleaned the grass from around the tomatoes yesterday. Is your DD just getting out of school, or is she taking a summer college class? I just continue to pay for my DD's apartment in the summer, and since she has a part time job near campus,it is working out well this summer. She is also taking 2 summer classes, she's really determined to graduate on time.(next May). My baby DD is at cheerleading camp this week, so the house is free.

Schatzi--What a sweet story.

Amy, Bamie, Jenn-- Good morning, girls, keep up the good work!!

Lydia--Sorry you feel so rough!! I just finished collecting a saliva sample for hormone testing. It is definintely one of those can't live with themm can't live without them!!!!

Me---I made it--YEAH!! I made it 100% through Day 1, Phase 1 !!! It really was great, and as I reflect on yesterday, I ate a heck of lot better food than I had been eating!!! Do I miss fresh juicy peaches? Yes, but by the 4th the season crop will be even better.

Got to go, hubby is painting the home office. I picked up the paint yesterday. Tell me if you think I've gone a little beachy. The colors are from the Seaside Collection, and I chose Sunrise Beach( pale yellow) and Dusty Aqau!!! I think they are just great.

Hugs and prayers,
Wanda
Closed Thread