Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 08:34 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss & Chit Chat #134

Hello and welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We're a friendly group that provides support in getting/staying healthy, and we also share our daily ups and downs with each other. Please feel free to join us.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:15 AM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Friday Morning to you ladies!

Just a quickie here for now...after catching up I don't have time to do individuals. I have got to jump in the shower and get to the mall. Ran out of lotion and candles so going to get a few while I am there. My main goal for going is to get a much needed haircut! I have been holding on to a picture of a do I really like for about a year now, or longer! LOL And finally going to go do it.

Have a good day ladies and I will be back later!
Old 06-17-2005, 03:00 PM   #3  
One day at a time

Smile

Well, I'm back...

Love the haircut but would have liked to have gone just a wee bit shorter. Maybe I'll go have it cut about 1 inch in a week or two, we'll see. I'm always scared going to someone new...not knowing if they are any good or not. Was relieved she was and definitely will go back to her. Of course the way my luck goes with hair stylists is I go a few times and then they leave. Then I am left to find a new person. That is one reason I don't get my hair cut often!

Susan~you are welcome for the card as always. I just feel for you going through this mess with Mike and all and want you to know that I do think about you. Plus, I know we can all use a pick-me-up once in a while. I totally "ditto" what Marti said about the whole situation. While one would think he has no rights until he gets his s*&^ together the law is a totally different arena. And that is sad-it's sad that in this day and age that the man can still have the right to pick up his child when he is not supposed to be driving, and he has the restraining order! Never ceases to amaze me and I feel for you because it saddens me and I can only imagine what it is doing to you and Gaby. She's the one that should be protected in all this, it's just not right. (((((HUGS))))) to you and her.

Jane~glad at least nothing was in the fridge to ruin, but it is still a pain to have to replace an appliance, a costly pain. For something like that, I think I too would try to find a used one to replace it. Have fun swimming today! I was thinking about buying a new suit and going to our pool, gets kind of busy at times but I would still love to go. Maybe next week when things are a little bit slower around here and I can go about 10 am when no one is there-wouldn't want to scare anyone off!

Angie~why do you hate your picture? Of course I ask that but I have dreaded showing my face to you ladies because I hate my pictures too!I think you are a beautiful lady! Loved all the pics but my fav has to be the headless person. Did you do that? So cool...I've heard a couple of songs off Black Eyed Peas new CD. Also, have the song Let's Get It Started as one of my ring tones on my cell. I downloaded a bunch so I can change them all the time. Need to go see if they have any new ones I like. Right now I have I'll Be Around, or is it just I'll Be? Hmmm, not sure now, and I have the CD! Anyway, it plays part of the chorus "Whenever you call me, I'll be there" funny thing is, whenever someone calls I'm hardly ever there!!! Still not used to having a cell phone so it goes in my purse and I usually forget about it. I too love Janet E's style! And thank you for getting me started on her books!

Terri~glad you finally got some sleep and cleaning done. Wanna come clean my house now?! Had it clean but the living room is a mess now. Oh well, I will get to it later today before V gets home. Glad he is working late so he doesn't come home to the mess-not that it matters to him. I don't think he would want it looking like a pig sty but he would never say anything.

Marti~hope the dentist visit wasn't too bad for ya.

Hi to everyone else Hope you are enjoying your day!

I am taking it easy right now and just getting a couple loads of laundry done. Had to sit for a few minutes to relax from running around but did manage to get everything done on my list. Was worried that everything I ordered for V for Father's Day would come in and low and behold, just got the last thing today, thank goodness. I also ordered him some flowers. I saw this car arrangement and thought why not...he always buys me flowers so why not do it for him. He'll have the flower to stuff pens or something in. Anyway, ladies, getting chatty again. I am going to take off and get the living room cleaned and then about 3, I am headed outdoors to do some staining. I have been doing four or five sections each time I go out which takes about 2 or 3 hours so this time will finish the back up. Possibly Saturday & Sunday I may do some. Then Monday I will be done. Unless I get a big burst of energy and do more tomorrow and Sunday. I know you guys will probably be glad when I am done so I will quit talking about it!! Okay, I am outta here.

Take care and have a WONDERFUL weekend.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Will.

It went really kind of crappy to put it mildly.

My ex husband and I waited and waited. Mike showed up at 11:13 am. Two
more minutes and I could have left with Gaby to the siiter.

He drove up as a passenger and they(it was a male driver, long
hair ,30ish) parked in the middle of the street.

Both got out and walked towards me. Mike says "I have a driver". I
didn't even say anything about his suspension.

I said to the man "can I know who you are, can I have a name, can I see
a license?" I wanted to know who this man was that was going to drive
my daughter.

Mike says "we don't have give you that." I said " I know but can I have
it anyway?"

So, the driver started walking back to the car and sat in the drivers
seat. He started to write.

I asked Mike where would he be this weekend. Mike said "Susan, I don't
have to tell you that."
I said that he did.
I started walking towards the car and asked again where he would be.
That it was part of the order, my lawyer told him he needed to provide
me with the information.

He again refused.

I said fine it was in violation of the order. The man in the car was
holding up the paper and I reached in the car to take it. The window
was half way down. I took the paper and started taking my hand out when
Mike yelled "don't give it to her if she isn't going to produce Gaby"

My hand was out of the window by now and Mike grabbed my arm. He
twisted it and I said "let me go!"

He let go and started walking around the front of the car. I
said..."that just got you a restraining order."

He got in the car and took off.

I went into my office and called 911. The police show up an hour later.

The one officer started talking like it is a custody thing and things
can get ugly. That Mike's story was it was I that grabbed him.

I said "you already talked to Mike??" Yes, he had called and it was me
that hurt him.

One officer questioned me and the other one my ex husband. The officer
that questioned my ex husband said "will your stories match."

He asked again was I sure what I wanted to do........blah, blah. I
finally said "he grabbed me. You are not going to put doubts in my
mind.What he did was wrong. I want to press charges.I am not use to
this, I don't like the way you are talking to me."

He was upseting. He was going on and on about custodial interference -
like I was making the whole thing up.

So, they took pictures of my arm. The officer said that was one thing
in my favor because it looks like a twist, a burn from Mike's hand on
my arm.Now he was being ok and wasn't making me feel like I was lying.

So, they were going to go back and question Mike. There should be a
report by Monday. I am going to get a restraining order Monday. The
policeman said I shouldn't have a problem getting one.

Gaby was upstairs with her sisters. She was packed.....if Mike told me
where he was going to be I was prepared to let her leave. It was part
of the order though. I kept saying where was he going to be and he was
saying he didn't have to tell and also he didn't know.....I
said....."when will you know?"

lol

He wouldn't say.......

exhausted.....
Old 06-17-2005, 09:18 PM   #5  
RosieKate

(((((Susan))))
you go, girl...for sticking up for yourself and Gaby!

Thinking good thoughts for you.....

Old 06-17-2005, 09:22 PM   #6  
One day at a time

Oh my goodness Susan!! What the heck is wrong with that guy?! He's lost his freaking mind! I am glad that you called the police because no man has the right to hit a woman and with him acting like an a$$ he had no business taking off with Gaby. And with a some man you know nothing about. And the cop!!!!! No wonder people go off and hit cops! And that's sad that he was taking Mikes side till he saw your arm. So glad the ex was with you, that was too scary. No telling what the guy will do. I just hope to god that he hasn't been a jerk to Gaby while she was with him. Lots of (((((HUGS))))) and you be careful when it comes to him, no telling what he will do.

I'm a little bored so thought I would come visit and see if anyone has posted. Been sitting outside, first on the swing, and then on the deck enjoying the quiet. Never noticed there were so many birds flying around. Those icky looking black birds. Anyway, finished the back of the fence, HOORAY!!! Now just have the one side and front/side gate to do and that's it for 3 or 5 years! Can't remember how long the stain is supposed to last. Getting ready to go watch Are We There Yet. Wanted to go see it at the movies when it first came out but for some reason never did. DS bought it-he buys a lot of DVD's before seeing the movie something I wouldn't do. Also, going to watch Spanglish sometime this weekend. If he keeps buying DVD's I'll never have to rent any!

Anyway...take care ladies and have a GREAT weekend!

See ya Monday
Old 06-17-2005, 11:51 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi to all Jl's. We are finally getting some cooler weather, mid 70's and it is so pleasant to be out and about. No a/c on just windows opened. I love it.
I did all the sweeping, cleaned off the washer and dryer, cleaned both bathrooms, washed a load of hubbies shop rags, filled the birdfeeders and made hummingbird nectar. Then we went for a late lunch/early dinner, stopped at the grocery and got home to rest for an hour before going to our little neighbor boy's little league game. He is so cute, he must have asked DH 4 times if we were going for sure. Then he came and rang the doorbel to show us his uniform and said "so you will know who you are looking for." LOL Honostly though, I am glad my days at the ballfield are over. I put in my time there and it was fun, but I am glad it is in my past. (Now, it will be another story if my "grands" have little ones...I will be hanging out at the park!)

Susan- You go girl! Stick up for yourself and don't let him get away with being such a jerk. I am just appaled that he would act like that in the first place. Good that you had a witness.

Cristi- Whew, you have worn me out with your staining. It just sounds like such a big job. AND you have to do it again in a few years. Not fair! Glad you like your hair. I find that most hairdressers don't want to cut too short. They always do mine and ask if I want more off. I just tell them it will grow if it gets too short. This last time I told her shorter...shorter, and I love it. So another inch off might be just what you want!

Angie- Love the pictures and you are a beautiful lady. Hope you are getting along okay with your cast. Woo hoo for Brandon's not needing the surgery.

Jane- A used refrigerator might be hard to find. We have one of those dorm ones that we keep in the utility room just for cans of drinks. Keeps the clutter out of the kitchen one. I hate buying appliances...just so expensive. We are going to need a new dishwasher and a new stove if we don't move next year. I want a smooth top electric range and would love a bottom freezer refrigerator. DH wants a side by side ref., so we will see what happens.

I forgot to mention that my BIL who was near death in Feb. is one week away from being done with his physical therapy. Then he should be able to leave his sis' house and go back to his home. (one block from his sis, so she can check in on him.) He has done so well and is not using a walker at all now. Quite a miracle really.

My DGS just finished driver's training. He got an A-, did so well on the parallel parking that the teacher had him do it 3 times to show off. lol (why can males do that so easily and I have talked to lots of women who just refuse to do it? me included)

Nothing much coming up for our week-end. I plan to be lazy tomorrow, then Sun. will go to church and also fix DH a nice dinner.

Have a nice week-end all JL's. Relax if you can find the time.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:51 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning!

Cristi - I'd love to see a photo of your new haircut. Most of the photos I have of you are not close ups, so it's hard to see your hair real well. But the close-up has your hair at a couple inches past shoulder length, with bangs, (you have on a yellow and blue jacket) and the cut looks real good on you. Not sure what I want to do with mine, but it's longer than it has been for awhile. I'll post a new avatar if I can get a decent shot, lol.

Susan - yikes! So sorry you're going through all this turmoil in your life. Hopefully an authority somewhere will put an end to it all.

Katy - so how was the bd and anniversary celebrations?

Sue - I also hate buying new appliances! Not sure we're going to replace the fridge since we use it mainly at holiday time anyway, except for pop and popcorn in the husks. Since Mary lives so close, I could use hers, too, if I cook early for an event. So glad your bil is doing so well! YAY for DGS's good grades.

Went swimming again with Mary and the kids yesterday. Have to do some preparations for Father's Day today. Mary and Gina are doing most of the cooking, but I'm making cherry pies with cherries fresh off the trees! Last year, if you remember, I had one piece spread over 2 days, lol. This year I'll have 1 piece at 1 sitting. Thank goodness for WW soup to even things out.

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-18-2005, 08:51 AM   #9  
RosieKate

Thank you all for the lovely bday and anniversary wishes....for all you gals keeping count, I turned 40 on Wednesday, and then turned around and celebrated our 15th anniversary on Thursday. Birthday was laid back (as I requested) I bought some beer n' brats and a decadent dessert at New Seasons and we just stayed home. Thursday, the kids went to a friend's house, then DH and I saw Batman Begins ( REALLY good! Best Batman ever) and treated ourselves to dinner at Newport Bay. I hadn't been there in years. I had Hawaiian tombo tuna with a wasabi aoili... and some perfect sauteed asparagus. So yummy! So, today I am back OP, but I really enjoyed my two days off, that's for sure! I did compensate a bit by making it to the gym for early a.m. classes two days in a row. We'll see what that scale has to say today.

Our Father's Day plans are shaping up... we are going to take David to the neighborhood farmer's market after church on Sunday for lunch and shopping, of course. I am hankering for some fresh cherries, and more asparagus...can't seem to get enough of that stuff. He and DS and his Dad are going to take a guys-only day trip out to the Evergreen Air Museum to see the Spruce Goose...that's going to happen later in the week.

Other than that, life is just moving right along. We're close to hiring a concrete person...so the foundation should get the started in the next week or so. Kids are going to VBS next week and hopefully getting in on the free swim lesson week the Parks n Rec offers . DH is going to go stand in the long line this am and try to score some spots for the kids.

Jane - oooh those cherries sound so good! we are starting to see the fresh, organic ones at the markets...I can't wait. I don't make pies....I just eat them right out of the carton; there's never enough left for a pie.

Cristi - what Jane said - would love to see a pic of your new hair. Yay the fence is almost done!

Susan- hope you got a good night sleep and are feeling a little better today. Enjoy your time with Gaby today... the rest is going to take care of itself. Sounds like Mike is cracking up.

Sue - your little neighbor is just too cute! We just felt the pain of having to buy some new appliances. We just bought a new washer/dryer...then had to get a new dishwasher as well. Nice thing, though, is that they are energy efficient models and our state kicks back a tax credit on them. Took little sting out of it all.

Angie - you looked great in your picture..thanks for sharing the Pippin pics. I used to make all the costumes for the productions at my high school drama department, so I love looking at costumes.

Well, it's ciao for now, my JL pals....have a great weekend and give a hug to all the great dads you know....and smack the bad ones upside the head

Old 06-18-2005, 01:01 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Good morning. I just had a good laugh.... The little neighbor, who is 6, rang my doorbell. When I answered he wanted to know if my husband could come out and play. I said well, come in and ask him. It was so cute and funny!
(We have a half bball court in our back yard. Yesterday DH put up a new net on the bball goal and the little guy was out there, so they threw a few basketballs around and in... I guess he thought he had a new playmate.) LOL.

Cool here today and I am being very lazy. I got out a box of pictures and plan to sort and seperate those. Looking for pics. for making the scrapbook. I have been bad about throwing photos in a box. ugh...
Old 06-19-2005, 01:14 PM   #11  

Height: 5'1"

Hope everyone has a special day w/their Father/Huband today!!

I'll be in touch soon....I have an extra long weekend w/Jhanai!!
Old 06-19-2005, 11:07 PM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

wow...everyone was busy elsewhere today. I took DH out for lunch and my Mom came along. DD and her family were here in the morning for awhile. All the other kids called. We lazed around after lunch and then took our walk..2 miles. It was a nice, sunny, but not too hot day.
I missed being able to call my Dad. Which made me think about my brother and all gave me pause for a little bit of sadness. Life isn't always fair.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #13  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good Morning,

Hope everyone had a good Fathers Day. WE didnt do much here. My brother brought home a bucket of chicken..Wow.. like as if that isnt the most fattening thing in the world. So i had some macaroni salad and one piece of chicken. I swam long enough to burn it off i am sure lol. WE got the pool set up this week-end. Yay.. I can do swimming for my exercises now. It is about the only exercise i like doing.
Well i am still tired.. maybe i will go lay down for a bit... ill check in later... ttfn xxoo
Old 06-20-2005, 08:40 AM   #14  
GmaTo8

It's Monday!

Katy - I would never have thought to sauté asparagus, but it sounds really good. Hope the scale was kind to you. Neal and I both would love to see the Spuce Goose - bet your fellas have a good time with that. Must be VBS time nationwide, lol, since ours starts today, too. Mary and Katie are working it this year. Katie will be one of the teachers in the twins' classroom, while Mary will be with the 9 & 10 year olds.

Sue - sounds like your DH has a new good buddy, lol. Katie has been making DVDs with our photos, and setting them to music. Gina has gotten her some orders, too, to make money while doing it. I';m so behind on the scrapbooking I wanted to do! But at least all of my photos are in albums, lol. I know what you mean about the missing dads - my sister and her DD, who both lost their husbands, had a rough day yesterday.

Marti - hope you had a great long weekend with Jhanai. Any special plans?

The kids and grandkids came over yesterday, and the daddies in our family got spoiled royally, lol. After the noon meal, we spent lots of time in the yard watching the kids play.

Anyone watching Into the West? It's a 6-part series and part 2 was on last night. Just wondering.

Have a great Monday!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:05 AM   #15  

Height: 5'1"

On and off of here quickly today. Going to take Jhanai to Portland for a special trip for her birthday! (tomorrow is her B-day)

She had requested earlier in the year that she wanted to do a "Make a Bear" so that is what we're doing for her. Then it's to browse around the malls. Should be a lot of walking!

Off I Go to get ready. THis getting up at 8:00 in the morning is for the birds! So not a morning person......I enjoy rolling out of bed around noon.

TTYL Ladies!
Closed Thread