South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 04:33 AM   #1  

Default Day 6 of Phase One Down...8 more to go

I'm almost 1/2 way done with Phase One, but I have to say, I'm getting a little bored of salads with chicken, beans, mini tomatos, cheese and nuts. I don't miss the bread or sugar so much as the options. I love that I've already lost weight (or at least it says I have on the scale, which is a plus for me!!) but I'm worried about getting burnt out too soon.

I don't eat any other kind of meat except for chicken and very, very little fish... does anyone have suggestions for kicking up the variety a bit in the highly restricted phase one? Thanks
Old 06-19-2005, 07:30 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Jupe, have you checked out the recipe section? http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114
There's a shipload of them in there. As much as I hate to plan ahead, I know it's necessary in order to be successful on South Beach.
That Taco Bake is pretty darned popular. And according to Barb, it can even be frozen!
There's the Deep Dish Pizza, Chicken Divan, Cauliflower stuffed 'potatoes'...
You're doing so well... keep it up!!
Old 06-20-2005, 12:36 AM   #3  

Thanks for the tip - the Taco Bake sounds good and I found the 'black bean brownies' which are baking in the oven right now as well. I think I might make the taco bake to eat later this week

I was so proud of myself yesterday and today - we had a quincenera to go to yesterday and I stuck to water, veggies and beans, until I got home and realized I ate a bunch of baby carrots which are not allowed. I somehow had missed that in the 'no veggies' category. I was hard on myself until my boyfriend pointed out that I had avoided the piles of steaming carbs, margaritas, cake and other goodies and had 'messed up' by eating the wrong type of veggie. Quite a long way from my last week outlook LOL
Old 06-20-2005, 07:44 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Jupe, congratulations on stay OP (apart from the carrots... an easy slip to make) yesterday!!
Closed Thread