South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 06:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend on The Beach - June 18 and 19

Good morning and happy weekend!

I was up before four this morning - stupid, isn't it! It's coolish but not raining for a change. The Girls have been out and are back in and curled up on the sofa. The thought balloons above their heads say "Maybe she'll light the woodstove." I may turn up the furnace because it's 60ºF in here and then take a nice long bath.

Today I am trying to have an easy day so will probably skip going to the hospital if I can avoid too much guilt. Lorraine has invited me to her "closing the greenhouse forever" barbecue tonight. It should be fun but also sad as I have so enjoyed working with her. I'm a bit overwhelmed by changes this month but I'm sure I'll adjust.

What's happening in your life?
Old 06-18-2005, 08:00 AM   #2  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Ruth, you sound like you need a breather. A 'battery recharge' day is always a good idea every now and then.
Sounds like your day is unbusy. Unlike mine today, and that is unusual. But have fun at that party/BBQ.

I have to work from 9-3. Then head to a bday party for one of Zander's daycare classmates. It starts at 3 so mama is taking him until I can get there. Then at 6 a friend and I are going to Shakespere in the Park. Her BF invited himself along. Poor fella. He's going to feel like the 3rd wheel by the nite is over.

What are the rest of you chicks up to today???
Old 06-18-2005, 08:06 AM   #3  
Mother Hen

Good morning all, Things are going good. It looks like we are going to have a beautiful day even if it will be very hot. I won't be able to hit the pool this morning as I have to go to my art class. The new teacher isn't a lot of help with pen and ink but hopefully I will still learn some stuff.
Hopefully I won't wimp out and I will go in pool later today.
Have a great weekend
Old 06-18-2005, 08:28 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, you're wise to take a break. You just CAN'T get over there every day. Harry will understand, and if he doesn't...
Please give Lorraine my best wishes. I'm so sorry that the greenhouse is closing. It's such a great one.
Chilly, eh? I had to shut the windows last night and get out the duvets. It was lovely and cozy.

Wenchy, Shakespeare in the Park! Wonderful! Enjoy yourselves.
You've just reminded me that I missed an outdoor opera last night. Darn.

Eleni, when you get home from class, you'd better jump right in the pool. Sounds like you're in for a hot one. (is that a Canadian expression? "... in for a hot one..."?)

Nothing on for me today. I'm getting ready for my sister's baby shower in a few weeks. I'm going to start making the ice rings today. They're going to have different layers of colour, and I'm going to put edible flowers in them.
Yesterday I found the perfect table cloth. It's red/yellow/green... the colours in my living/dining rooms!

What's up with everyone else?
Old 06-18-2005, 09:21 AM   #5  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Ellis dear, I will have double the fun for just for you chickadee!
(But just not double the wine! )
Old 06-18-2005, 09:54 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Go ahead, Wenchy! If you drink enough, maybe I'll eventually catch up (down?) to you weight wise.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:05 AM   #7  

Sounds like everyone has great plans. The ice rings sound interesting. I'ld love to see a picture.

I'm sitting at 152. I know I didn't eat enough yesterday. Too hot. Today is shopping day. DD and I are leaving after we get some breakfast.

Lydia
Old 06-18-2005, 10:25 AM   #8  

Oh What a beautiful Mooooorrning, Oh What a Beautiful Day!!!!
Hey all you Beach Beauties!

Ruthie: Be kind to yourself.. Change is hard but tis life....

Wenchy: Ohh, I hope it's a lovely nite for you...

Ellis: What is an ice ring... I don't think I've ever seen one...

Eleni: Have fun at class...

Everybody else: Hello!

ME:I am pooped. It's only 10, and I am whooped (feel like "Paperclippy's avatar ). DH and I cleaned the basement yesterday.. and I got my dining room back. ( DH converted it into his Cisco Lab to study for his CCIE.. The highest of all Networking Geekness certificates.)Finally all the Routers, Switches, Hubs and cables are outta there!
Shampooed the rugs in the Dining Room, and basement.
last night we saw BatMAN: THE BEST EVER!!! And well Christian Bale can put his shoes under my bed anytime (winkwink nudgenudge, say no more)

Today more of the same.clean clean polish ... sigh...........
Tonight we go to the Winery. We are learning to make our own wine.. Tonight we bottle Chateau deNeuf De Pape...A lushous Full bodied Red.. So I am planning to cheat to enjoy the "fruits" of our labor.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:53 AM   #9  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking

Howdy all u BEACHIN BABES!

Bk 2work again 2night,3-close(sometime aft 9 when we get through putting everything bk n its place )..... 101,hot and humid yestrday and again 2day...was 96 when went 2bed last....I've developed a new weighing system 2day called the 1 legged stark,,works well but mr goodscale: is still stuck on stupid...

ELLIS.....We never open our windows aft summer hits in Texas,,all our AC wld go right outside,,,sleep w/ac on 68 so we can use a light sheet...What r u going 2do w/ice rings?....edable flowers?...Possibly a eat ur drink thing youll do up there....We serve our guest Jello Shots,then u dont hv to worry about food

RUTH.....When God shuts one door in our life's he always opens another,,,May ur's b a bed of roses

WENCHY....Why do men always think us women may hv 2much fun w/out them so they bogart into our plans?....A good cold shoulder and send him for all the wine then maybe he'll bow out and take a hike ....Hv fun!!!

ELENI.....Hv fun n ur art class,,,Do u hv male nude models ?

MOMMADRAGON...I agree,it's just to darn hot 2feel like eating,,,Hv a great shopping day...

2all mentioned and all I may hv missed while posting,,,HAVE A GREAT BEACHIN WEEKEND..................GOFISHIN
Old 06-18-2005, 11:12 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! My BMI just got better! I was out in the garden and am two inches taller from the clay stuck to the bottom of my garden clogs! It's dangerous out there because my earthy is very slippery when wet!
Old 06-18-2005, 11:50 AM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey chickadees! Good Morning to ya! Not much happenin around here. I am headin to TN sometime today I think! lol I may end up putting it off. Mom is supposed to be comeing for a visit but she has to keep my niece this week who has already been here for a week so I may wait. UGH! Well I have to call the x to get 4th of July straightened out as to where DS will be. Joy Joy! lol I'll check on y'all chicks later! Have a great day all!
Old 06-18-2005, 12:10 PM   #12  

Morning, gals! Camp was great. I'm sad it's over.

I'm busy working. I think it may be a long day. Weight is cooperating nicely. I'm down to 137. I just hope it stays down.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:18 PM   #13  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

I did not have a good evening yesterday. I started out with the best intentions of having a south beach friendly dinner. I DID have a sbd friendly dinner but then I also had a key lime margarita (bad idea since I never drink) and then since it was b-day dinner they brought me a free chocolate cake and DH guilted me into eating it. I know it was my decision to eat it but omg I shouldn't have.
We were supposed to go to the movies afterwards but after my dinner, I just couldn't. I was feeling so "yuck" after the cake that we decided to go home and see a movie another night. The good thing is that I am more motivated than ever to stay with south beach eating from now on.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Nothings exciting going on today,Tomorrow will be the big day for me & DH. The temps are in the 70's so its going to be a BBQing weekend.

Started Phase 1 again, after being at my DD's for week,got the scale to move up.So it back to portion control & exercising more. Like to get to my goal by the end of this year.Had it planned to be a round my HB,but thats no where near in site.So hopeful by the of the year,it finally will happen.

Have a nice weekend Hugs BB
Old 06-18-2005, 02:51 PM   #15  

Afternoon chicks!

Ruth Sounds like just the day you need. Be sure to take care of yourself!

Ellis Your ice rings sound so neat! I am creative, but not that creative.

Fl Mom DOn't beat yourself up so badly. Today is a new day- onward and downward! We are all going to make mistakes, that is just life! You can do this!!

Barb Glad you enjoyed your week of camp so much. I look forward to all of those fun things once my girls get older.

Scahtzi Red wine is legal on the beach, so you won't be cheating! Enjoy.

Me- Low key day, did a bit of shopping this morning and then dropped DD off at a friend's to swim for the afternoon. It will do her good to wear herself out. We are heading my parents' for dinner. I am enjoying the slow pace of this summer.

Later chicas!
Closed Thread