Old 06-15-2005, 05:34 PM   #1  

Default Well, here I am - Newby!

Hello Everyone - glad to be here, I'm new here and looking forward to meeting all of you!

I just recently - 3 weeks ago relocated with my family from California to Austin, Tx. When I got here I decided to make a change. Always being the thin person - I just can't believe where I have ended up. After 2 children and never really lost my baby weight and the lbs have crept up bit by bit over the last 8years (my youngest is 8). Can anyone relate?

So here I am at near 260 lbs - WOW - hard to type that, but it's reality.

Over the last 3 weeks I have gone it cold turkey - TONS of water (peeing constantly) no snacking, no junk, I'M TALKIN COLD TURKEY. I started walking and walked 2 times, but I know I need to get that in more. For Example - every wednesday my new company brings in some kind of JUNK food - today Ice Cream and I wasn't even interested - I mean, I'm not blowing the 3 weeks of work so far for that - so I'm eating my banana now!

A co-worker of mine and new friend said she'd go with me to WW and we found a meeting so Monday's at lunch we'll be going - I'M EXCITED!!!!

I know I need to loose a lot of weight - but my focus is on how I feel in my clothes and loosing clothing sizes (feels less daunting to me, don't ask why)

I'm an 'active' overweight person - if that makes ANY sense! I'll get out and shoot hoops with the kids, I coach my daughters Cheerleading Team and I even bike - just not ENOUGH and make hidious food choices - love that fried food! (actually I think I lost my craving for it) AMEN!

I also am one of those MUST STOP AT STARBUCKS everyday! I'll have you know today I did not stop! I went from a Venti Non Fat with Whip (go figure) White Moca to NADA in 3 weeks. So let's see if I can keep that up (there goes my stock in starbucks) ha!

Sorry to ramble - looking forward to getting to know you. Any helpful tips on starting WW and STAYING on it would be greatly appreciated!

My husband and kids will be here Sunday (I moved ahead of them) and he doesn't know what i've been up to - he's overweight as well - so lets see how he likes HIS new meal plan!

My clothes are fitting a bit better and I have more energy so that's a start, just need to walk more!

Thanks for Listeing.........M
CAtoTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

Great to have you here M - and welcome to Texas! I'm back on the boards again myself after being gone for two years. You will totally love it here!! The encouragement you will get will overwhelm you. So welcome!!

Hugs!

M'Chelle
bonnieangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:39 PM   #3  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Smile

Welcome! I have just joined the boards recently and it is the best board I have posted on in a long time! Everyone is great here-friendly and supportive.The message board has helped me so much the last few weeks because I can post here when I am having a craving/bad day/ect. instead of eating. I find that to be a huge help in keeping my eating on track.

Sounds like you are doing great so far! I'm not using WW so I can't help you there. My advice-jump right into the board with both feet, join our "End of Summer" challenge and post often!
Look forward to getting to know you!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Welcome! Great intro, thanks for introducing yourself. We're glad to have you here!

I hear you on the coffee drink thing ('cept I usually go for the caramel iced lattes at dunkin donuts). It's a real tough one. I've tried making or ordering coffee and putting just milk and splenda in it.. I've also found that as long as I'm not literally sitting in a coffee shop I can fend off the fattening ones.

Good for you for being active! Sounds like you just need to find your ideal food situation, which can involve some tweaking and trial-and-error runs. Good luck to you! Don't be a stranger around here.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:51 AM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the club & congratulations on starting your loss!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 01:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Howdy CAtoTX! Congrats on your move and your willingness to stick with your plan I must suggest though, once you guys get settled in after awhile, you must go to San Antonio and visit on the Riverwalk and the Alamo. It is AWESOME! My mother and I just went the last week of April for a medical conference, so we could only go out between 5 PM and 9 PM because she was in the conference all day, but the night time was when it was the coolest because of all the lights and stuff

I couldn't help but thinking of my old diet frap recipe when I saw all this talk of Starbucks. I used to drink one of these every night when I got done workout out and they are soooooooo good. I got the recipe out of a fitness magazine of mine - the girl was asking about a diet version of her Starbucks drink, and this was what they told her:

2 shots of espresso (or 1/2 cup very strong coffee)

1 1/2 cups skim milk

1/2 cup non-fat creamer

8 - 10 cubes of ice

1 packet of Splenda or 1 tbsp honey

Blend on high until smooth and slushy.

What I used as far as milk is the Carb Countdown Fat-Free, the one in the green carton. For creamer, I got sugar-free hazelnut CoffeeMate liquid creamer, the one in the freezers next to the milk. I used to be a Starbucks junkee til I made one of those, then I was addicted, but I could drink one everyday and not have consumed near as many calories, etc. as a Starbucks one.
LesnarsTXF5Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 02:28 AM   #7  
Crazy Canuck

Welcome and congrats on having a plan, following it and sharing your success with us! Keep it up and keep posting!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:32 AM   #8  

Thanks for the WELCOME!

One thing is that having really cut back my caloric and fat intake, i thought I would have lost more 'weight' - but I feel my clothes are not quite as snug.

Is this making ANY sense???

thanks!
CAtoTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome. It sounds like you are off to a great start. They say it takes 3 weeks to make a new habit/break an old one and it sounds like you've done just that.

Each of us are different (I know I hate hearing that) but just because the scale isn't moving doesn't mean your body isn't changing. Have you taken your measurements? If not, then I would encourage you to do so. You may be losing inches and the scale not go down. There are some who can still weigh close to the same and go down 1-2 sizes.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote