Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-13-2005, 04:54 PM   #1  
Scrap-aholic

Default I failed...

Well, here I am on day one of the "new" me....and I did it...I ate 1/2 a herseys bar. I had been doing so good with my food today. I didn't get to workout at work because I had to stay till 1 and the childcare center closes at 1. It is opening back up in 5 minutes (at 5) so I'm gathering the kids and running out the door. Looks like I will have to bike an extra 30 minutes for the choc I ate....Okay...I'm out the door...I will be back to report the workout.
DawnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:08 PM   #2  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

Height: 5'5"

I would NOT consider eating 1/2 a chocolate bar a failure. I would just add it to my calories for the day and KEEP GOING!! It doesn't have to be a step backwards if you don't let it. The fact that you can admit that you ate it and that you are going to the gym, shows that you are still heading in the right direction. Just because we stumble and fall occassionally doesn't mean we can't get back up Stay positive...YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!
leannealise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:38 PM   #3  

Absolutely. I have lost 40 lbs so far (well near enough) and I have eaten chocolate nearly every day, ok it's a small amount, but I just factor it in to my calories and keep going. Just don't get into the "well I ate that so I have blown it for the day I may as well eat this that and the other now".

You're doing a fabulous job, keep it up!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #4  
it's always something

I agree, it isn't failure! Lots of diet plans allow candy bars, in reasonable portions, and so a half a Hershey bar was fine! The idea that you have to give up treats 100% when dieting is hogwash. You're living in the real world, not San Quentin It's all about portion control. You didn't eat a box of donuts. You didn't eat a whole bag of chips. The fact that you were able to eat a half of a candy bar and then stop is actually a good thing

Besides, there is no such thing as diet failure. Sometimes we make bad choices, like anything else in life. Then hopefully we'll make better choices next time. To eat just a half a candy bar was not a bad choice, unless you do it a few more times today

Good luck with the workout!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #5  
On my way!

Default positivity!

I just started posting on this site today. I am impressed with all the positive feedback! Its great! I felt pretty nasty when I ate a gigantic (sugar filled) muffin dripping with butter today. But I think you can take heart...like the other girls say as long as we acknowledge that we knew better...and continue to treat ourselves (only in smaller amounts)-we'll do great. I think that depriving ourselves is the quickest way to actually failing...AND YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING OF THE KIND! Don't be so hard on yourself, don't give up!
notthechubbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Isn't there only, like, 34 carbs in an entire Hershey's bar? Back when I was in cosmetology school, I'd sometimes get one just to eat as a snack when we were really busy. When I went to my bulimia treatment last summer, the lady they sent me to said you must have a little fat in your diet each day, but watch how much. Like you said that you did, I'd eat only half the bar and wouldn't have to feel too guilty about it
LesnarsTXF5Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:00 AM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Would the "old" you have eaten the whole candy bar? or even 2? or a candy bar plus a handful of hershey's kisses or something? Stopping at only half the candy bar is a huge sign of self-control. I used to binge on glazed donut holes, and this weekend, I bought a box of them at the store in a sugar-craving, hungry-for-breakfast state of mind. I ate some of them, but then I threw the rest of the box away. Was it super healthy? No, but I had what I wanted when I craved it, and just a few satisfies my craving now instead of the whole box, which is much better for me in the long run than denying my cravings and then binging on 3 whole boxes in an outpour of frustration and deprivation in the future. It's all relative, and your half a chocolate bar is no exception. Drink some extra water, go to the gym, flush it out of your system, and move on. Heck, have the other half of the chocolate bar tomorrow as long as you include it in your allowable calories for the day. Don't beat yourself up over it!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:53 PM   #8  

There are worst things than a hershey's bar...so half of one isn't bad if you are watching your diet in general. You can not stick to a healthy diet if you don't allow yourself food you enjoy in moderation. I give you a big thumbs up for being able to eat just half. I've tried that and failed everytime!
orfliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:53 PM   #9  
Round & Soft

Like everyone else said, most diets allow for you to indulge from time to time. I am doing WW and have eaten chocolate as well. I am a chocolataholic!! Eating the small bars that you can find in a bag make it easier for me because I seem to have some kind of weird control now. Figure that one out. I did however decide to give up buying Pepsi for my house, I will have a glass when I'm eating out if I feel like it and always count it. Don't beat yourself up and remember everyone has a weakness for something, how you choose to handle it is the answer.
canadianmarshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote