Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #1  

Default sigh

I have NO (ok well maybe not "NO" how about "hardly any") willpower.

In the past week I was able to lose 1kg bringing my total lost to 3.5kg or 7.7lbs- so what do I go and do???? Well I went to the movies and dinner with a friend. I had popcorn and lollies and buffalo wings, fried cheese sticks, a chicked tender (beer battered no less) AND a Hungry Jacks (Burger King) ice cream.

Yesterday I weighed 72.9kgs. I was UNDER 73. I was "this" close to being under 160lbs. I was on top of the world. Today I am 73.3 I KNOW I shouldn't weigh myself every day. But that is just the way I am.

I part that kills me is that I didn't think I was "that" bad. The popcorn was from the grocery store so it wasn't the theater kind with all the butter. (They don't have that here in Australia anyway) The lollies were like gummy bears and while I didn't just have 1 I didn't eat the whole bag. I had 3 buffalo wings (the little bity ones with the bones in them) and 2 cheese sticks and 1 chicken tender. I could have had all that and THEN a main meal like I used to do. I could have had a different dessert with a much higher fat content.

I think I should have just put this post in the journal section as I seem to just be going on and on.

I will not let this derail me! I will continue on.
Thanks all!
stephensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 06:48 PM   #2  

You are right not to let this derail you. I doubt you actually gained weight (fat) based on that one outing (assuming you were on track the rest of the week). Consider the types of food you had. They are all high in sodium and it is very likely that you retained some water as a result. Give yourself a few days, stick to your plan since you know it works, and you'll be fine.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 12:07 AM   #3  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Going to the movies you can take your own snacks. And if your not supposed to I would even still take a bigger purse and take my own. I still do this, Actully I did it tonight. I packed a little baggie of pretzles,rasins, almonds and a few walnuts.
And when you are out and about look for the most healthy choice there is on the menu. If there is nothing. Then do not eat there. When your body is used to eatting nothing but the good stuff when you try to put that grease into your body it will tell you that ,, that was the wrong idea.
Grease is a big killer on the road to a healthy you.
If you want a heathy you .. you will have to make sure you are making the more healthy choices.
If you love yourself and what to be more healthy you need to understand and know the food you are putting into your body.
Read the lables, read the food contents. Sometimes this will happen but dont let this detour you. Get back on track and tommorow is another day.
Remember this feeling so the next time you will remember it was not worth it to let go and eat what you know was wrong.
Keep working at it and I understand what your talking about . Letting control of what you put into your body is something you will want to work very hard at. You can do it . Just have to want it bad enought.
Keep your head high and keep working at it. You have the rest of life and its worth every single pound you take off.
Cin
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 06:50 AM   #4  

back on track today! woohooo

dragged myself to the gym for a pump class. Then I took the dogs for a walk. Not a typical dog walk thats for sure. Poor things can't keep up with me sometimes!

Then I biked to the park towing my daughter. Not too bad on the way there but the way home has some good hills. Not an easy feat- my daughter is over 40 lbs.

Eating was good, I would say it was great but I may have actually not eaten enough. At least what I did eat was good choices.

Water- I don't usually keep track but it was great. About 5 litres if I had to guess (about 160 ozs).

yeah me!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 07:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160

Default Oh god, nutella jar in two days! I hear ya..

Its comforting to hear that I am not the only one who goes on a binge after doing so well, if only for a few days..

I had an unstoppable craving for Nutella.. I pulled out all the stops, going for walks, listening to the music that gets me pumped up to be thin, even getting out the clothes that dont fit me..Nothing could stop me. I at the whole jar in two days..

I think I just wanted to finish it off, as to pretend it never even existed..This is why, I cannot lose weight..

Just wanted to share too.
Mukisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 05:09 PM   #6  

Mukisa- ooooo Nutella! I haven't had that in ages. One of my biggest downfalls is peanut butter and chocolate together. Thank goodness I don't have Reeses readily available here in Australia.

It can be so hard to stop the cravings. I find that it is easier for me to handle if I don't give in in the first place. It is much easier for me to not have any of something then it is to just have one.

Wishing you all the best.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:31 AM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I definitely have the same problem with peanut butter. I like to have it around to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (healthy bread, no-sugar-added fruit preserves). The peanut butter is Skippy reduced-fat, but it still packs a lot of calories. When I make a sandwich, I only use 1 tablespoon (half a serving), but when I get a craving or hungry for something quick and easy, you bet I'll just take that PB jar and a spoon--bad news! As of Thursday, I'm down a total of 15 pounds, yet I probably ate 1/2 a jar of PB just over the weekend--I'm insane! It's gone now. The jar is empty. I'm not going to buy anymore. I obviously can't handle having it in the house.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 04:57 AM   #8  

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM Peanut butter fresh out of the jar. I don't think there is anything better.....unless of course you add chocolate to that.

They have a new "peanut butter" here in Australia. It's called "Nuts about chocolate". It's peanut butter and chocolate mixed. It's the devils work I tell you! I ate through the whole jar in about a week. And I didn't even pretend I was going to put it on bread or anything. Just me, the jar and a spoon. Heck I would have licked the jar clean if I could have.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Height: 5'8"

Peanut butter and honey is another evil evil combination....
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:21 AM   #10  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Yeah the other day I was at the gas station I normally stop at to get some water on my way into work and they had one of those new Bigger reese cups below the counter and I was thinking ohh nooo I am meant to have one its right there. .....But the little angel on the shoulder was saying look you have not had a piece of chocolate since December and your not going to start now.
Yes I have been chocolate free for 6 months straight.
And they only thing I can say is I usually talk myself down every time.
Thats what I have to do to get thru those tempting moments.
" You dont need that , you know what it will do to you you will eat it then afterward you will feel like crud and then you will be mad at yourself and then you will have to feel like you need to make up for the cave in and then you will lose the streak you on by not having that stuff.....
Okay I dont need it.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote