South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #1  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Question Bread Maker

Hey there everyone. You have given such good ideas about different things to eat. Thanks.

I have a question for all of you. Do any of you have a bread maker receipe that uses whole wheat flour? I have a bread store in the area that will grind flour for you while you wait and I was wondering if there was some receipe out there that I could use this flour in a bread maker. Still on P1 and can't have it yet but hubby isn't doing P1 with me this time and I would like to find him a healthier bread. We had found a box mix for the bread maker that had everything except the oil, yeast and water that had 4 gm fiber in it but they have discontinued it and won't be making it anymore. Bummer.

So if anyone has any suggestions for me I would really appreciate it.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #2  

Default Whole wheat breadmaker recipes

I thought for sure someone would have posted a recipe already. Here's mine, with modifications:

"Debbie's Honey Whole Wheat Bread," from *Bread Machine Magic,* by Linda Rehberg & Lois Conway (New York: St. Martins, 1992), p. 35

(for a 1.5-lb loaf)

1 1/8 cup milk
3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tb butter
1/4 cup honey (apparently there has to be some sugar or the yeast won't rise, but for a lower glycemic index you could sub in applesauce, prune puree, maybe a berry puree)
2 tsps Red Star brand active dry yeast

Place all ingredients in bread pan, select Light Crust setting, and press Start.

This book has a few other 100% whole wheat recipes (one with beer!) and many recipes that combine whole wheat flour with some refined flour in proportions from 2:1 to 5:1. It's a great book.

Good luck!

Last edited by BellyDancer; 06-13-2005 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Made typo in recipe--important to fix or recipe won't work!
Old 06-13-2005, 10:32 PM   #3  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Hey BellyDancer thanks for the receipe can't wait to try it.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:54 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Karla, I'm sorry I can't help you. As much as I'd love to have a bread maker, I know that if I did, I'd be eating a loaf a day.
Have you looked online?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:44 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

There are lots of recipes out there if you Google it. Try this one!
Note the extra kneading time with whole wheat flour!
Closed Thread