South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 09:31 AM   #1  

Unhappy Pizza.....:(

Ok...I cheated last night...I ate a small thin crust Pizza with peppers, Pesto and artichoke hearts....at Unos..and it was absolutly amazing...I am trying not to beat myself up here...but i feel like I failed or something....espcially since I haven't seen the scale move in a while...and this morning it was up.....but i am close to my TOM....but anyways...I feel pretty low today...

Its super hot out and we are going to a 2 year old's birthday party...where there will be TONS of food...but I am going to play like I am in phase 1 and stick to the burger w/o a bun and veggies....

Hope you have a great day girls
Old 06-11-2005, 11:08 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Angel, don't get discouraged, hon. It happens to all of us. Just jump back on the wagon, and stay strong at that party today! You can do this, girl!!
Old 06-11-2005, 10:21 PM   #3  

I cheated too. You're not alone. But I'm determined to get back on the wagon and I know you will too!
Old 06-11-2005, 10:53 PM   #4  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

I have cheated for the last week (been on vacation) ~ so back to phase 1 for me...............
We all do it...............(((good luck hug)))

Last edited by Country Charm; 06-11-2005 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:45 PM   #5  
Hottie on the Beach!

Don't worry hon, everyone does it from time to time. I just did it myself. You just have to tell yourself "okay, I'm not going to do that again. It was good, but not anywhere as good as I will look if I stick to this!" Also, this woman at the beach (real beach ) told me that if you REALLY want something like pizza or a burger, go into the bedroom and strip naked and try to eat it while watching yourself in the mirror. I bet you won't do it! It sounds weird, I know, and I've never actually done it. But when I want something my husband will say, go to the bedroom and take off your clothes and I will bring it to you in a minute. I picture it and needless to say, I choose something else to eat. Just one of my little mind tricks. You're doing good girl, don't worry.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:23 PM   #6  

hahha what a disgusting thought.....what do i do in a resturant hahahah?? excuse myself and go to the bathroom get naked and have them bring it to me in the bathroom LOL!
thanks for the advice!..... I will imagine that next time!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I think it's time to change our vocabulary. It's not cheating! It's a splurge, one that is allowed from time to time in moderation. I say congratulations for enjoying 1 slice of thin crust pizza. It tasted wonderful and you didn't go over board. Of course if your splurge was in phase 1, perhaps it was a little too soon, but easily corrected by extending phase 1 a few days if you don't experience any cravings.

Many times we get into this "I'm so bad because I cheated" that starts a spiral downward that many times leads to giving up all together or continuing eating because we've slipped and ate something not on plan.

IT IS NOT CHEATING! It's a choice, I chose to eat a piece of pizza or I chose to eat a salad.

Take care,
Sarah
Old 06-13-2005, 10:12 AM   #8  

I agree!...I splurged...and it tasted good..I am in phase 2 by the way..so i am allowed...kinda
Old 06-13-2005, 10:41 AM   #9  

I had a bad "splurge" weekend but I am back on track. I went on a wonderfull float trip with my honey and a bunch of friends. I had a few real sodas, and some white bread, some chips too, but I mixed it in with good lunchmeat and WW foods. Also had some diet sodas and water as well. NO BEER. Just think of how good you're being while on the beach, and how much worse it would have been if you weren't.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:51 AM   #10  

i just got the revised and updated south beach diet book. if you haven't gotten it yet, i highly recommended it. it has a much better food guide than the original. i just entered phase 2 and went to the store to buy fruit, bread, etc. the book is a tremendous help. after buying fat free salad dressings, i realize i should have stuck to the original ranch, regular miracle-whip, etc. but the best new is: there are south beach frozen pizzas! i completely skipped the pizza section and didn't notice them. i got the south beach cereal and to my surprise it was good. maybe even sweeter than i prefer.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:23 AM   #11  

You are right that it is better to go with the regular dressings instead of the fat free but Dr A tells us to use mayonnaise instead of Miracle Whip. A quick check of the ingredients will tell you why.

You can search about the South Beach Kraft foods and see what has been discussed but the cereals are definitely sweeter than using Uncle Sam's or Kashi. You might try mixing a less sweet cereal in with the South Beach one. As for pizza, have you tried making your own on whole wheat pita bread? It is fast and easy and tastes great. The South Beach kind can't be microwaved and take too long for me so I haven't tried them. The wraps are good but leave me hungry so I've only bought them once.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:17 PM   #12  

yeah..I found a lot of that stuff through this forum..I was under the impression that I couldn enjoy my food..but i found TONS of recipes ..and got great advice! I am eating more then ever and enjoying it and still losing!...I think at this point its all about moderation....
Closed Thread