Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 03:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Default anyone else doing WW on their own?

Meaning you don't go to meetings or not signed up online?

I have all the WW info, collected from the internet and from friends, and currently have a friend who is on WW online, and helps me figure out points and stuff, but I've never actually joined WW.

I've made a notebook that has a list I printed out with the point info for lots of foods, and I have a point calculator (though at the moment I cant find it!).

Just wondering if anyone else is doing it this way, without ever actually joining WW... and if its 'frowned upon' here and if its ok if I post on the WW forums here

~Liz
Old 06-10-2005, 04:32 PM   #2  

Height: 5'0"

I am doing this without the help of meetings or WW online. I have the information from my mother and I am taking it from there. I am sure the meetings are a great support thought but I am not a part of them.

Good luck with WW! I am on day three and feeling pretty good. I wish you tons of luck! I am sure you will do great
Old 06-10-2005, 07:11 PM   #3  

Dear Liz,

Over the year's I've been able to do WW on my own....with success....reading and coming to the boards,chats and constant reading....I was always able to manage.

Weight has always gone up and down...when health wasn't good, but once again, I sort the help of the chats and boards to get me through.

Have patience, and seek help here and you shall find and succeed...DON'T GIVE UP!!!

GOOD LUCK.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:38 AM   #4  

Hi everyone! Been away from this site for awhile but I'm back and starting over with WW once again! I am doing this on my own. The meetings are costly and I've done it on my own before. As long as I make sure I journal and drink my water (which is most difficult for me), I do fine. I am starting out at 159 and hope to get down to 125-130 (tops). One thing I'm doing to make this "fun" is that I'm putting $10.00 in an envelope every Saturday (weigh-in day)...as if I were actually going to a meeting. For each 5# loss, I will spend the amount I have "saved"..as my reward (new clothes) etc. I plan to check in each Saturday with my losses...by the way, where does everyone get the cute graphics? I would love to apply one to my messages. Thanks for listening..happy dieting!
Old 06-11-2005, 09:34 AM   #5  

Hi Nona,

Welcome back, I too just started back on track..needed it..and being here does help, keeps me focused.

What a terrific idea of saving the money that way for a reward...smart move.

You mentioned the graphics for weight loss...just click on mine think that will take you there, and you can create your own...not difficult to do...give it a try.

Again, welcome back...and here's to helping one another!
Old 06-11-2005, 10:15 AM   #6  

Thanks you all for replying to my post! I thought I was the only person who did it (WW) this way, so I'm glad I'm not alone

I think thats a great idea, Nona, to do with your money

I'm doing pretty good this week. Last night was harder than the other days. It seems to be easier when I'm at work, I'm not tempted to snack all day, because I cant and can only eat what I bring with me.

We went grocery shopping last night, and I bought better food, so hopefully the rest of the weekend will be better.

~Liz
Old 06-11-2005, 05:04 PM   #7  
Going to Disney - 2005

Hi Everyone:
I am also doing WW on my own. I have been to meetings and just have not found a leader that I liked as much as my old one. I am also saving for a disney trip. I love the idea of "paying" for meetings. I am going to have to start that one.

Hope you all don't mind me joining in here!
Old 06-11-2005, 05:15 PM   #8  

I am doing WW on my own,but i do the program from 1996-97.It is the selections plan.I have joined WW so many times its hard to count.I have all the points stuff and the core stuff,but i like the balance of all food groups and my fruit is free,i never could get use to using points for fruit.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:30 PM   #9  
Average White Girl

Default Going it alone, but not alone

I do WW at home. I ordered the stuff online, but when they come out with a new calculator, or I lose/break mine, I just go to a meeting before it starts and buy one.

I will go to meetings once in awhile, to see about a new program, or something like that, but over all,I do it alone, at home. I lost 75 lbs and some has creeped back, so I'm back on it.

It's the whole thing of knowing what to do and doing it. I'm sure meetings can be helpful, but I really like the idea of paying myself rather than someone else.

It's great to know that other people do it on thier own, as well.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:15 PM   #10  
Going to Disney - 2005

Today turned out to be an interesting day. I worked for 4 hours this morning. Which I so love doing on a Saturday! I really ate well. Although not enough fruits in. I need to get to the store for some more. DS and I went through grapes, nectaries this week big time. I also have been getting in more water. Not the amount I should but better than I have been. If you have not tried true lemon (www.truelemon.com) you should. It comes in little packets. I add it to my water once in awhile. I keep a naglene bottle on my desk and one at home. I fill that up with water and drink out of that.

I know I lost weight and will weigh myself tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:48 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

I lost my weight w/o meetings, too. I got my support here at 3FC!

Savin' for Disney - love your avatar. If you need an addy for disney tips, just pm me. As you can tell, I love Disney, too.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:26 AM   #12  
Going to Disney - 2005

This morning I weighed in and I am down 7 pounds! And I have not even started my water class yet either. I was pretty happy to see that.
Having some grapes for breakfast. Not sure what I want so I thought I would start with those.

Hope everyone is having a good day! This evening I will go for my 10 min. walk. Starting slow to build up. Yesterday I did do 15 min though.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:29 AM   #13  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I was too shy and too broke to do either meetings or online, so I bought a starter kit for the old plan a couple years ago on ebay. It's been great, but I plateaued for a long time until I found 3FC.

From time to time I feel guilty for not actually joining, but I'm just not financially or emotionally able to do so. I don't feel as bad since it's the old plan, though. I generally don't post on the WW forums, but only because I can't find anyone else on Winning Points still.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:02 PM   #14  
Going to Disney - 2005

Betani: You found someone! I am doing Winning Points. I like the point system an know it well. That is how I lost 50 pounds at one time.

I have been to meetings and I have the new Flex and Core info. But I just do not seem to be able to do Flex. I have not tried Core. Maybe one day. But the problem is that if you give me 35 "free" points at the begining of the week, then I eat them and use them for junk. When I do winning points and I have to "earn" my banked points. Then I do much better. So I finally figured this out and got my winning points stuff out and that is the plan I followed last week.

Even though I was doing Winning points I did the following:
Had Chilpotle for lunch (man I love that place)
Had Subway for dinner
Had Cousins for dinner
Had one beer.

Now for some reason I "know" I can do that on Flex but I seem to get so caught up in the whole " WOW I have 35 extra points" Maybe I will be able to move into Flex but for now I am going to just do what I know works for me.

Sorry for the big ramble!
Old 06-12-2005, 06:26 PM   #15  

I'm also doing the Winning Points program too

Today, other than the chocolate chip cookies I made and ate , I did ok. Next week, I'm going to start exercising, so hopefully that will motivate me to do better.

~Liz
Closed Thread