Old 06-12-2005, 08:24 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week Of June 12th!**

Good Morning All!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! We're having a pretty good one here. It was nice a good part of the day yesterday, so DH started cleaning out the pool and putting it up. Meantime, mom has a little baby pool that I filled up...a couple times...and Peter had a blast jumping in that. We also have an Elmo Firefighter sprinkler that DH hooked up and Peter was hilarious running around playing wiht that. Wish I had the camera out there, but I DH was busy, so I couldn't run in to get it. Maybe today...

Weight loss wise, no, I still haven't gotten new batteries in the scale...but not for trying! The ones I found were dead. I'm sure I have not lost though, I have been HORRIBLE!! I really need to get on the ball. I think a lot of my problem is just the stress at work. I'm very unhappy, and I just want to comfort myself. Why can't I be one of those people that can't eat when they're stressed/sick/not hungry?!

Anyway, I'm going to do a little weight loss research this AM, if the kids let me continue on the PC. Maybe by reading I can motivate a little. Have a great day!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 09:28 AM   #2  

Default a fresh start...hopefully!!

good morning LBH!! I am sorry to hear that your work is stressing you out. That would definitely make me want to eat too!! I know when the kids start making me crazy, I make a bee-line for the pantry. If you can find a solution to stress eating, you'd be a billionaire! On the happy side, it sounds like your kids had a wonderful time with the water play. I set up the sprinkler for my girls yesterday, and it made me laugh at how cute they can be, trying to dodge the drops

I have been sick for the past week, and have not been following my fitness/food routine at all. I have mixed emotions on my WI last Friday. There was no change in the scale. On the one hand, that is good because our family had a mini vacation, and that is always an excuse to make bad food choices--so at least i didn't gain! On the other hand, it is bad that there was no change in the scale because I feel like I'm really getting held back by this killer cold. I want to keep losing!!! I can't breathe, or swallow, and the sinus pressure is unbearable. I don't want to lose focus of my goal, but know that i must get better in order to be successful at the gym. I hate the waiting!! Every day I tell myself, "i'm going to feel better tomorrow", but this has been going on over 9 days now. If I am not improved by tomorrow, I'm calling the dr.'s office--I can't take it anymore!!

I have had a rough week with both of my girls being sick, their school graduation was Wed night, in which we had two rehearsals to fit in our schedule. The girls also had their last swim lesson of the session. I had to bake two batches of cookies for the night of graduation in which it was 90* in the kitchen, AND the gym for the commencement. All of that with being sick with this dreaded cold--which now i'm starting to wonder if it's strep, as I've had a sore throat the WHOLE time.

enough complaining--i can't even stand myself!

i'll be better tomorrow

edith
mom2twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 10:23 AM   #3  

Default Fyi....

I just wanted to let anyone know who is interested, that I tried the Grilled Sangria Chicken that is featured on the home page here at 3FC. I modified the recipe a little bit, and it still got a thumbs up from dh and myself.
My modifications:
1. I used boneless/skinless breasts
2. I drained some of the juice off the salsa, as it was too "soupy" for me
3. I ommitted the jalapenos in the salsa, because I wanted my kids to eat it too. If I was making it for just dh and me, I would welcome the jalapenos.
4. I didn't have dijon mustard to make the marinade with, so I used Gulden's Spicy Brown mustard (double what the recipe called for, as I thought it was bland without xtra mustard) It worked well

Last edited by mom2twinz; 06-12-2005 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone,

I am one tired, sore chick tonight. The MOMS Club had a booth at a Waterfront Festival. We had a tent and I STAYED IN THE SHADE!! My face and lower arms are so burned they glow. The only thing we can figure is that the tent material wasn't UV resistant. Not to mention the headache that I got from being outside all freaking day long. Only one of the members volunteered to help man the tent and she could only stay for an hour. The other Prez and I had it all day plus the set-up and break down.

Lauren: We are working on getting the pool up tonight. We had to repair a couple of holes. They happened when we had the yard done last fall. We had to keep shifting everything around and the pool ended up with a few rips. Hopefully the pool isn't ruined. We have the same one don't we?

Edith I hope you are feeling better soon.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 05:29 AM   #5  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!
Karen--hope the burn is better!!I bought an umbrella yesterday to set up in the yard for the kids to swim under..It is big enough for me to sit in a chair and their little pool..

Edith--I feel the same way as you without the sinus stuff..I have been having the sore throat and laryngitis on and off since May 13..Just feeling like doo doo constantly..I am beginning to think strep since it is hanging on..Hopefully soon U will feel better..Hope the kids are better!!

Lauren--I think I may join something with e diets..Maybe the Oprah trainer one..I have been mean and irritable and really taking it out on DH since the "fat mood" has hit..I even told him to leave and have an affair since I didnt care about his "needs" any more.Low Self Esteem is a killer of relationships that is for sure

Well off to work..Hope I can cheer up soon!!I have decided not to go on Vacation with everyone for 2 weeks..I need time by myself without everyone else.(of course, Kaylee is staying with me I would never leave her!!!!
Have a great day all!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:36 AM   #6  

RR- my dh had great success with e-Diets last year. He opted for a very strict diet, and was truly faithful to it. (he did no exercise) He lost 30 lbs, but has since gained it all back since he is no longer following the plan. He (obviously) was happy with it, but when I tried to follow his plan, I was miserable. I have come to realize that I do better on my own, making my own lifestyle changes, instead of being told what I can, and cannot have. This type of program may be something that will work for you. Just wanted to let you know that he had a good experience.

Karen sorry to hear about your burn, that is such a bummer! I am fair-skinned, and always burn in the beginning of the summer season. Sad to say, I am used to it. Some like to use aloe on their burns, and others like to take a bath with baking soda in it...I guess it's supposed to take the "heat" out of it...I hope you don't peel.

Oh no!! my 4 yo daughter just came in to tell me she's hungry... I gave the kids bacon and eggs for breakfast 1.5hrs ago. She also stated "i'm bored. Being bored makes me hungry" I can't believe MY bad eating habits are rubbing off on them already!! I've got to get them outside!!

see ya later

edith

Last edited by mom2twinz; 06-13-2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:56 AM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

Edith, that was Karen with the burn. I burn initially too, but I haven't been in the sun long enough to get a "decent" burn, so what little I got is tan now. Get those girls tired out!! Hope you're feeling better soon!

RR, enjoy your vacation from vacation! I know you and Kaylee will appreciate the time alone. Is DH upset that you're staying home? Hope you're feeling better soon too!

Karen, ugh, get out the vinegar and soak yourself! We have the Intex 12'x36" pool, is that what you have? We had to buy a new filter at WalMart yesterday because DH plugged it in and it's not working. It was $65.83! We may just say screw it and get a new pool instead...a bigger one. They've come down in price soo much since we got ours. Ours is now just under $100., we paid something like $220.? They had a 16' one that came with a ladder, tarp, and all the other stuff. There was no price on it though. I told DH to call and find out how much.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-13-2005, 01:32 PM   #8  

Default Update:

Well, I'm not feeling any better today...I made an appt.to see the dr. this afternoon. Hopefully she'll be able to fix me up. She better, I got stuff to do!!

edith
Old 06-13-2005, 02:01 PM   #9  
LBH

Ugh, sounds like a sinus infection....go get some good drugs!
Old 06-13-2005, 02:02 PM   #10  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Lauren: I think mine is 16'x30". I wouldn't swear to it tho. Once you get rid of the box, you never know how big it is. Unless it's in that writing on the side that I never take the time to read ! Yours cost WAY more than mine. Mine was only $78. I wouldn't have paid over $200! I guess those 6 extra inches cost a lot. Your filter was almost as much as my pool. My filter is only $6 from Target!

RR: Well, if spending time alone is vacation for you, go for it! We spend so much time alone that it's a vacation for me to have DH here and helping me!

Edith: Hope the doctor gives you some magic pills and you feel much better ASAP.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 03:48 PM   #11  
LBH

Karen, we had to buy a new pump/filter, the whole thing, not just the little replacement filter...KWIM? You got your pool last year, didn't you? The prices had probably already come down. We've had ours since 2002.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:44 PM   #12  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren--DH is having a fit and refusing to go if I dont go..I just dont want to waste my precious time with MIL telling me what to do and how to do it..THose 3 days were enough.. thank goodness she left before 3 weeks as planned..She just tries to tell us what to do and when to do it..Then DH wants to follow her home and stay in her apartment..NO WAY IN HAITI!!! If Kaylee broke something, I would never hear the end of it...I want to go to the Mall of the Americas and say to heck with MIL's house..WE will see enough of her in the UP....

Edith--Hope U are better!!!
Got to bathe kids!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:57 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Edith, Hope you are feeling better. Also the drugs are good ones. I hate having a summer cold or anything else. Are you sure it's not allergies? I have that same problem only the allergies are horrible.

Well off to type up homework that is due later today. Talk at ya'll later.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 02:32 PM   #14  

Default I'm baaaaa-aaaaaak....

...to feeling like a normal person, that is. The dr. gave me a script for some abx yesterday, and i felt like a drug fiend, as I couldn't take them fast enough!! I was popping them in the parking lot of the pharmacy, never mind waiting till I got home!! So, I'm on day 2 of the abx, and I can definitely feel that I am on the mend. YaY!!

Then, I took my girls to their dr this morning because they have had this nasty cold-thing for 2 weeks. Ugh!! Come to find out, they BOTH have ear infections!! Poor dears!! My mom was like, "why are you taking them to the dr? they seem fine." I am so glad I listened to my gut instincts about them. I feel so much better now that they have started their abx, and will soon be feeling better, too.

Yikes!! What a house-ful of sickies/druggies!!

Maybe tomorrow I can get back to the gym.

Thank you for all of your kind thoughts, ladies. I truly appreciate it

edith
Old 06-14-2005, 08:07 PM   #15  
LBTEPA

Gosh isn't everybody in the wars? So glad you are feeling better Edith and that your littlies are too. Karen, I'm so sad you're feeling so terrible and fighting with DH. Is there something you can do to boost your self-esteem that doesn't rely on the scale? (that b#%*$ is so unreliable, don't hang your feelings on her moods!!). Maybe some exercise goals, or spend some time jotting down the things you do really well - like running a household, being a Mum, being a good friend, trying new things, (I don't know your hobbies but I'm sure you are good at them).
I am a bit jealous of your tales of summer. We are having a v. mild winter b/c of this terrible drought, but still it's dark at 5.30, oh well it's the shortest day soon so things will get lighter.
I was a 'single Mum' for the long weekend (Queen's birthday June 4/5/6) - I took DD to Mum's for 5 days by myself - and seriously, real single mums need a medal, boxes of chocolates and large sums of money for doing such a tough job!!! We had a great time though - Dad bough DD a little lifejacket (she's 18m, it was sooooooo cute) so we could go sailing, a gorgeous day. Aaaaand - DD started to walk!!! Thurs morning she was 'helping' me pack and clean the house (aarrgghh) tottering around hanging on the furniture, Thurs pm she was a walkin' fool! No furniture for her! We are so excited although I am a little sad b/c my baby is gone now. But my little girl is here
I'm a little in the wars myself since I went for 2 too-long runs on consecutive days, 2nd one in new shoes, now my knee/hip/ankle hurts ow ow. Off to the physio for me for preventative maintenance. I have actually TOLD someone that I'm doing the half-marathon in Oct so now I can't let niggling injuries get in the way. I'm feeling much more inspired to make an effort weight wise too so maybe my ticker will move soon.
Take care everyone and have a great day
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote