South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 05:51 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - June 11 and 12

Wow, yesterday was a hot day and we have at least four more to come. I did get the barrels finished yesterday! Yippee! I drank lots of water all day and moved slowly and survived. The temperature was the equivalent of 40ºC which is 104ºF!!!! No wonder my weight is up four pounds as my poor body holds water to survive.

Food is a problem as I seem to have lost my appetite. I’m not sure if it’s the heat or the sore throat, maybe both. The throat feels a bit better today - yesterday morning and last night it felt as if it had been cut!

After breakfast this morning, I am going out while it is “cool” and get some more stuff into the garden. I’d better plant those bean seeds or I won’t be harvesting. I’ll also hand water the rows so the poor struggling plants can make it through the day.

What's happening in your part of The Beach? Is it steamy? If so stay as cool as you can and sip lots of water.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:56 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Good morning!!! 5:51 am Ruth.....ugh! Anyway I'm disgusted this morning! Yesterday was my day off and I exercised for 2.5 - 3 hours and the scale is UP!!!!!! The only thing "bad" that I didn't do was drink all of my water.....maybe that's the problem!
I'm enjoying some scrambled eggs with salsa and some v-8 (I'm a freak...I like v-8) & off to work I go......ahh the land of retail, gotta love it!
Hope you ladies had an awesome day/weekend!!!

RUTH - Hope your thoat feels better ASAP!!!((hugs))
Old 06-11-2005, 07:41 AM   #3  
Mother Hen

We are sure getting plenty of rain as tropical storm Arlene passes by.But it should be nice by tomorrow. I did terrible with my night eating last night. I am keeping a food chart and it really shows I went over board last night. I have had my first craving and I think I would have been better off eating some chips. I ate healthy stuff but ate too much. Bill and I just decided we will treat ourselves to chips with our supper Sunday.He will grill some hotdogs. I am going to make a new sign for my fridge today.Haven't decided what yet.
It will be one of the following
1.If you are not hungry stay out.
2.What are YOU doing to your self??????
3.Hey STUPID-- if not hungry STAY OUT!!!!!!!!!!
4 Do you really need another snack??? Drink something instead.
5 Don't undo your sensible good eating
I am leaning toward #3.What do you think. Maybe all of them
I couldn't use the pool yesterday so I did stretches and used my abs machine. I should be able to get in pool Sun afternoon.
Well I need to get my shower and get ready for my art class.It takes me awhile to get moving in the morning.On the slow side.
Ruth Hope you feel better.My hubby was having chills and fever all night but seems to be better this morning. I just got over a chest cold and with my bad heart I don't need to get sick. Here comes more rain. I am ready for some sunshine. Tomorrow should be better
Have a great day
Old 06-11-2005, 08:56 AM   #4  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Eleni - I eat when I'm bored, mad, sad and just about every other reason in the world. You are smart to put something on the fridge.

Ruth - I'm swealtering as well. Hang in there.

Soon - I like V-8 too! Just not the low salt kind.

My weight is falling off Yeah! Hopefully today is going to go ok. I have two graduation parties and the 3 Fires Indian Pow Wow to go to today. I'm really going to try and watch my eating. By the way I'm down to where I was when I went on VACATION! Thanks Laurie - I love that fit day thing.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:21 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, you sweet thing. It was so good to hear your voice this morning.
You're doing so well... you're just like Catherine Parr Traill. But not like her depressed, unhappy sister, Susanna Moodie.
I think you have strep throat. It's really going around. If you find yourself in bed with a fever like a sack of potatoes, you'll know I'm right. (well, sacks of potatoes don't have fevers, but you know what I mean)

Soon2b, you exercise fiend, you!! Good for you, girl!! It's probably just water retention. Drink lots of water today!!

Eleni, I love your list for the fridge! Write them all out and rotate them! And don't allow yourself to even open the fridge without reading one first!

Amy, I was so excited when I found low-sodium V-8, but it is DISGUSTING!! My DH is forcing it down while I drink the regular.
Have fun today... sounds like you've got a busy day ahead of you!

I just dropped DH off at Carleton U. He's going on his annual bike trip. Over a thousand people go every year. They bike from Ottawa to Kingston today (180km there), and back tomorrow. I've warned him to be very careful in this heat... I imagine there are going to be a number of sick casualties.

I'm going to hang sheets over the windows to keep out the heat... back in a bit...
Old 06-11-2005, 09:36 AM   #6  

Ellis - Morning! I've always wondered if I could handle one of those long bike rides but I think I prefer to just do 5Ks. I sure hope your heat breaks soon. It seems like you and Ruth and others are getting unusual temperatures. Are they records?

Amy - Congratulations on getting your weight back down. Good luck with your eating at the Pow Wow and parties today.

Eleni - I think you were better off eating too much of OP food rather than eating chips. I would really try hard to stay away from the chips. I have eaten fat free hot dogs but they definitely spike my weight even if I eat them with WW hot dog buns and only have one. You might try making yourself a three bean salad and eat lots of that with one hot dog. I hope your hubby feels better.

soon2Bfab - I often have my weight go up after a heavy workout even when I drink a lot. I usually goes away soon as long as I don't use a heavy workout as an excuse to eat too much.

Ruth - Did you ever see the doctor about your throat? Hope it feels better soon.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:54 AM   #7  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking

Hey 2all u early BEACH BABES!

You all ever heard of sleeping in on the weekends!

RUTH.....U r 1 planting dude,I bet u hv ten green fingers instead of 1 green thumb Take care of Harry and that throut............

ELLIS.....Sheets on ur windows? In Texas we call those things curtains or mini blinds . How do u run around in the buff ,or do u like show and tell???

SOON2BFAB.....U r 1 exercising fool,,Between housework,yardwork and workwork I just cant get my butt in the mood,,,U GO GIRL!!!!

ELENI...A thought for ur frig note....Mr goodscale :will not like me in the morning and my BEACH BUDDIES WILL THROW SAND AT ME:!!!!!!!

ANCHOR WEIGHT...Congrats on ur weight loss,,,When I'm bored,mad, or sad it's 5:00 somewhere!!!

BARB...Howdy neighbor.....

2ALL U BEACH BABES IN THE PATH OF ARLENE.....Batton down the hatches and no wind serfing 2day,,,,,Hope everything wl b ok ur way,prayers for u all...

Well it's off 2the bank and later to work again,,hope uall hv a safe and fun weekend on ur BEACH TOWELS ...................GOFISHIN
Old 06-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #8  

Barb, I think we are having record temperatures. It's quite dreadful here.
I told DH that I might go with him next year. He promised not to race ahead, but to go at my speed. We might never get there.

Gofishin', you're so funny. I love your posts.
I hate curtains. We have curtains and blinds at a few windows, but most of them are bare. Although we live smack in the middle of the city, most of the windows aren't overlooked, so I don't worry too much. (although I'm sure if there's anyone out there with a telescope half-way across the city... )
I hope you have an easy day at work!

Is everyone else still sleeping?!
Old 06-11-2005, 02:37 PM   #9  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Ok - I made through the Pow Wow with just purchasing jewelry no fried bread or anything like that. I just a had lunch at home so hopefully I can make it through the parties with no over eating. The gourmet one will be hard. The other one will just be regular outdoor food and that shouldn't be too bad. I can avoid potato salad that has been sitting in the sun.

Go fishin - you crack me up. Yes it must be 5:00 somewhere!
Old 06-11-2005, 06:24 PM   #10  

Long time no see! Computer has been "unable to connect to server" for it seems like forever. I think it's been all week......and what a week. One bad decision led to another, and another, and another, and culminated in a jr. bacon cheeseburger, fries, soda, and frosty. About three hours later I was dead tired, shaking, and finding it hard to concentrate....and thinking "I am sooo stupid! Why do I do these things to myself?" Anyway, went grocery shopping, have a nice full fridge of yummy OP things, and am ready for more good decisons! So, the scale hasn't budged except it's usual pound up, down, up , down, etc.

I can say that I've been exercising every day, even getting up early to make it to Curves before DH goes to work (so he can watch DS.) And I really physically and psychologically NEED to work out, I've noticed. Today, and I'm proud of this, I did the "very hilly trail" and jog/walked it with the stroller. Since three weeks ago I walked it for the first time and barely finished, I'm pretty happy with myself. I jogged the downhills and some of the straights. I'm building endurance--I can only jog about 20 to 30 seconds, and then walk for 2 or 3 minutes. But it helps to have a kid in the stroller yelling "Run, Mommy, run!" Any advise for a DD cup, though? A sports bra doesn't seem to do much for the bouncing........

Man, I've missed you ladies.....feeling kind of out of the loop. Good thoughts to the sore throat, Ruth; good luck with the picnics, Anchor; like the idea for the fridge note, Eleni, and Go Fishin' suggestion. Try to stay cool and dry, everyone.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #11  

I FINALLY got Brian's hair cut this morning. I got tired of waiting for DH to take him and took him myself. Then we went and picked up Father's Day cards so we are ready for next weekend. I missed Kwando while helping get him ready for a pool party and getting his Dad moving. Then I was out the door in time for Powerflex. It was great to be able to spend several hours at the gym and know that they were having a ball at the pool party. DH ended up eating cake and this way I didn't have to worry about whether I could resist it.

I need to figure out what we're going to eat this week with Twilight Camp. (see separate thread) and then I can go grocery shopping. Tomorrow we have three hours signed up for the animal shelter. It should be a lot of fun.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:10 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday Morning!

It is horribly hot here! I have fans going upstairs and down and am trying to keep cool. I am so glad Harry has AC in his hospital room. He seems a lot better and can now get out of bed using his walker.

I gardened for three hours yesterday morning and got a lot done. There's more to do but today is definitely going to be a day of rest - it's 84ºF right now! The schedule is Church, reading on the front porch, hospital visit and salad supper! I am really hoping for thunderstorms - the kind that clear the air!
Old 06-12-2005, 08:07 AM   #13  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Well I made it through all but the last party yesterday. I was starving and ended up have 2 hot dogs (no bun) a few chips 1/2 cup baked beans, 1/2 cup potato salad and 1/2 piece of cake and about 4 drinkies. Luckily I've been real good so I'm not going to sweat it. Back on the beach today.

Ruth - It feels like day 157 of this excruitating humidity and heat. I was out in it all day yesterday and every curl in my hair fell flat.

No fireman yesterday at the graduation party. No interesting men at all yesterday! Must be losing my touch.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:19 AM   #14  

mamaeli, have you tried a running store or a sports shop for bras? There are some really good ones now that encase you in an iron grip.

Amy, I was thinking about you the other day. I got hit on by a stranger. This guy was walking by my house, and stopped to chat about my garden. Later in the day, there was a note and some flowers stuck in my mail slot.
"Hi. We talked earlier today. I hope you don't have a boyfriend. I think you are very pretty. If you'd like to go for a walk later today, I live at..." And on the other side, it said, "When I dream, I dream of you." shudder. Creepy.

Ruth, I'm glad that Harry is able to get up. Don't put up with any crap from the hospital! I know you won't.
I was doing major work in my garden yesterday. I was using the push broom, and I suddenly thought, "I feel like I'm having a heart attack!" I don't know WHAT I was thinking... it was about 107F. I spent the rest of the day trying not to move. With my hand uneasily pressed to my heart.

Barb... "several hours at the gym". sigh. I feel like such a wuss around you.

DH called from Kingston last night. He sounded exhausted. He made it, but he said that because of the heat, a lot of people had to drop out and take the bus the rest of the way. (there are buses for those who can't make it/have accidents/get sick/etc)
He made frequent stops at gas stations and restaurants to cool off. He said he won't hesitate to quit and take the bus back today if he's having a hard go of it.
Today is supposed to be a whole 3C cooler than it was yesterday.
I am wearing very little.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:22 AM   #15  

It's really dark in here because of the sheets at the window, and little DS turned on the living room chandalier so he could read his book. Ummm... helloooo!? There are six, heat producing, 60 watt bulbs in that thing! I've just sent him outside to read.
Closed Thread