Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 08:05 AM   #1  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Default Turtle Group #141 - Summer!

Hi, turtles. I can't believe it has been so long since I checked in here. Sorry about that! It has been a crazy time, too much to do. I leave on Saturday for my working cruise to Canada and New England, as it turns out. It's supposed to be cold and rainy, and we're going to be working like dogs, so don't envy me too much! I'm a bit concerned about the food. Everyone I've talked to gained weight on their cruise. I REALLY don't want to gain any more weight! I keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds.

Anyway. It's very hot here -- 92 today, which is unusual for SE Michigan. The days are long and sunny, which is nice, and the nights are still cool.

Got to run, but I didn't want to stay silent and make you think I didn't care or had fallen off a cliff! It looks like we've lost everyone except faithful Bandit and Judy. Choosewell? Swania?

-- Lauren
274/215/DOWN
Old 06-07-2005, 02:59 PM   #2  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Dear Turtles,
Lauren, I wish you the best on your cruise. Hopefully they'll keep you real busy and you won't have time to eat. LOL. I know you can request foods, so you know what to do. I'm wishing you lots of good luck because I'm stuck where you are right now.

I lost two pounds and I'm still up 5. Not fun. I'm working on it and today I finally got on the treadmill. I don't know why I don't keep this going. Gotta run. Am weighing 217#on my home scale. Will get to WW's tomorrow, but I'll be up on their scale. Have to get my head straight.
Love,
Judy
Bandit, thanks for chiming in. Lauren, thanks for chiming in and setting us up again on a new thread. Swania and Choosie--e-mail us separately if that works for you, just keep on keepin' on.
Love again and :
Judy
Old 06-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Lauren - have a great time on you cruise! It will be difficult with all that food around you but maybe you can have some point-friendly food in your room & have some quick meals in there. My girlfriend stays alot in hotels on business & always takes raisin bran, some ww bars, fruit, little cans of tuna & melba toast. Anyway have a great time.

Judy nice job on the 2# loss. Keep up the good work.

I was down 1.2# at my meeting last night so I was happy with that.

Anyway, bye for nowl
Old 06-08-2005, 01:42 PM   #4  
Chick

Bandit, you're doing great! Another week and another nice weight loss. You are motivated and doing the right thing for yourself. Weigh to go!
:

I'm doing better and of course now that I'm back on track I want 85# to come off this week. Egads. Well, I'll head to WW tonight, take the misery on the scale, and do the right things for myself. It'll be good to see my WW friends there.

Lauren, have a good cruise. Choosie, how are you doing? Swania, I have you on my mind. Everyone take care of yourselves and to us all.
Love,
Judy
Old 06-08-2005, 06:37 PM   #5  
Turtle Extraordinaire

I would LOVE to eat in my room. Unfortunately, I'm supposed to get to know people and see if we can convince them to let us interview and observe them. That means I have to get in touch with my inner extravert (assuming she's in there somewhere) and get out and meet people as much as possible. So we've requested to be seated at a large table in the evenings at dinner. Lunch will probably be onshore most days, so maybe I can find something light (or bring along some Atkins bars). But dinner isn't until 8:15 each night! Gaaah! Well, I'll make sure I get some exercise in here somehow and just do the best I can.

Bandit, woo-hoo on that loss! And Judy, way to go getting motivated again. And using your treadmill! I can't believe how out of shape I am. I walk to and from my car at work each day for a total of about 20 minutes, and that's about it! At least it's uphill.

Hugs to Choosie and Swania. We miss you. Lin, you too, should you be checking in these days ...

-- Lauren
Old 06-10-2005, 09:48 AM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, weigh to go! I'm glad to see you're so focused right now. Anything you'd like to share about your motivation right now?

Lauren,
good luck on the cruise. It is presenting many challenges and is a tough set-up. I know you will figure out a way to work around the food challenges because this is so important to you.

I was bemoaning to my sister about how I keep on losing and regaining the same 8-10 pounds. It has been almost five years since I rejoined WW's in hopes of finally knocking off my excess weight. I lost 23 pounds in a normal manner in the first year and have spent the next four yo-yoing and getting nowhere. She suggested that if I had only "yo-ed" that I would have gained over 60 pounds and maybe I needed to look at it that way. That's a new perspective. Besides beating myself up never gets me anywhere. I have lost a tiny bit this week. I went to my WW mtg. on Wed. only to find that my leader is in Italy and will be there this week also. I confided in a nice gal who sits next to me most meetings that I was sad Margo wasn't there because I would have stayed after the mtg. with the new members to get a shot of inspiration. That's when my friend reminded me that a few months ago I had told her that my triglyceride count was way down and that my blood test was good. She said to remember this little saying: We see obstacles when we lose sight of our goal. I like it and have to remember to keep on thinking positive and put all the baby steps in action. Treadmill and water and using my check off sheet from WW's will help keep me on track.

Good luck Lauren. I know your cruise starts very soon. Here's a for all the weight you've lost. Here's : for this particular challenge. And here's a for all of us.

Love,
Judy
Old 06-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #7  

Hi turtles:

Judy - I think we all need to be motivated. What seems to help with me is at my ww meeting to show some kind of loss. Anything with a little -sign helps. I have always journalled well & keep my journal closeby. During the week I make my breakfast, lunch & snacks and pack them up & take everything to work. I eat breakfast at my desk - I do not like to eat as soon as I get up.

Maybe keep in mind to start each day new & not to obsess over yesterday - I think that helps me rather than keep starting over on Mondays.

Lauren - when I have gone to buffets with friends I stay at table & have a drink when they are having their 1st plate, then I have my 1st plate when they have their 2nd plates. This have helped me in the past. Hopefully you will get in some excercise & have some nice big salads & fruit & skip those desserts! Have a great time - wish I was going.

Bye for now.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:13 PM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit,
Thanks for those tips. They make a lot of sense and are just the boost I need to keep going. Today is good for me. I've already gotten on the treadmill and my food is good. The big factor is that since I'm on Core, to lose weight I've got to keep to Core foods and then carefully track those off core. I'm doing that since Wednesday and hope to show a good weight loss on Wed. Thanks again.
:
Judy
Old 06-12-2005, 10:22 PM   #9  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
Just a quicky to let you know I am getting on the treadmill every day and am checking off the flexpoints as I use them. Yay!
Good luck to us all.
Love,
Judy
Old 06-13-2005, 12:27 PM   #10  

Judy - you really sound motivated - keep up the good work!

I had a few too many drinks on Sat - but it was fun and today is bf birthday & he wants to go to Boston Pizza for dinner then a movie, so I am eating a salad only for lunch today. I went on internet for Boston Pizza points & they are really high for almost everthing. I think I will probably order a 1/2 order of spag w/meat sauce - it comes with slice of garlic toast & salad & is 12 points (which isn't too bad) considering some things are 30 & 40 points for full meals. And tomorrow bf is having a bbq & having his daughter's family over & me & dd are invited to that as well. If I go it will have to be something small & salad only with it. This is what happens with me - too many social things all at once & I find once I overdo it I keep going.

Anyway had a good weekend & got in some walks last week. So I just have to be careful & make sensible choices this week.

Bye for now, have a great OP day!
Old 06-15-2005, 12:29 PM   #11  
Chick

Dear Bandit,
Good luck with your bf's birthday plans. I know what you mean about being "social" and then overdoing. You've got some good plans so here's a to help you keep to them.
Yesterday I was depressed and overate. My weight is not budging even with all I'm doing, so I think I have to return to Flex points to shake things up and do better.
Have good time and keep OP because that's when you feel the best.
Love,
Judy
Old 06-20-2005, 03:50 PM   #12  

Hi turtles - well the plans changed & we ended up at Mandarin (which is a huge Chinese buffet). I didn't think I overdid it - but felt all puffy next day.

Had a few drinks & munchies at trailer bonfire & today when I got to work we had lunch brought in for managers birthday - BOY what a week. I know I will be up tomorrow but will go to my meeting anyway.

Judy, I hope you are feeling better today. I tried core before & run out of points in 2 days - so I do FLEX, works better for me when I stay OP.

Have a great evening & hope to hear from all you other turtles soon!
Old 06-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #13  

Hi everyone - didn't have a good weigh in, was up 1.6# so have to really focus this week. Suppose to go out for Italian dinner tonight but will really have to make best choices I can.

Got in a walk Mon night - but have to get more of those in as well.

Everyone must be really busy - talk to you soon.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #14  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, I hear you. I got back to WW's last week and this week again. Right now I'm up, but staying the same. Lots of stress right now and I'm coping by eating and then beating myself up with guilt over eating.
This morning at WW's I heard a gal who reached goal say that on Core (which works nicely for me when I do it) she eats a meal and knows she can always have fruit. So after the mtg. I bought a nice bunch of different fruits and I'm doing well today. My dd and her son stayed with us for four days. She's been feeling blue, so she really wanted to go out for a lot of meals. We did that, and I held my own, but I'm supposed to be losing aka Swania's July 4th challenge! I'm with the program. Bandit, I promise I'll try to be supportive and chime in here more often.
Good luck to us all.
: and
Love,
Judy
Old 06-24-2005, 02:32 PM   #15  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Well, one day down and I stayed OP. I'm back on Core and have a tracking paper on my fridge to make sure I drink all my water, eat veggies, etc. I'm feeling better. We may go out tonight for dinner, but if we go to Outback I can have a salad, baked potato, and steak ==really enjoy myself and still lose weight. That's the idea?
: to all. Lauren should be back from her cruise soon. Bandit, keep on keepin' on. I like your advice about Flex. I am going to give Core one more try because I do well on it emotionally and physically when I sty with it.
Take care, do well and chime in when you can.
Love and best wishes to all the Turtles.
Love,
Judy
We can do this. July 4th is coming up soon.
Closed Thread