South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 02:20 PM   #1  

Default Getting Married On The Beach!!!

I am trying to lose weight for my wedding, April 8th, 2006, and I was wondering if there are any other SBDers out there trying to lose weight for a wedding too...or that has recently gotten married. I'm looking for some buddies to discuss wedding and weight loss with!
Old 06-09-2005, 07:02 PM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I am getting married September 9, 2006 and yup - want to be at goal by March so I can start looking for a dress
Old 06-09-2005, 08:06 PM   #3  

I am getting married october of 07 and yes i want to be nice and fit
Old 06-09-2005, 10:56 PM   #4  
Hottie on the Beach!

I've been married for over 5 years, but I'm going to be in a wedding in August and one in May. My other friend just recently got engaged too, but I think they are going to have a LONG engagement while finishing up college. But needless to say, I will be in the weddings and I want to look good too dang it! It's not why I'm on the diet, but it helps me if I have those types of goals. I also wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to all the brides! You'll have the time of your lives! Enjoy being pampered and the center of attention!
Old 06-10-2005, 08:34 AM   #5  
Working for the Cruise!

Wedding date of May 20, 2006. Let's get toning ladies!
Old 06-10-2005, 09:14 AM   #6  

Oh Great! I am glad there are so many girls on here that are in the same situation!
Jenne: I want to be at my goal by November or December (and keep it through the holidays!) but I really have until about March to get there. I think I can lose another 30 or 40 pounds in 10 months no problem if I work for it.
Angelshine: Wow, that's a long engagement. We will have had a long engagement too. We got engaged on the 4th of July, 2004, so We will have been engaged almost 2 years when we get married April 8th. My daddy requested that I finish college first before the wedding so he's not paying for both at the same time. I didn't fight that!
Sadie: those pictures are awesome! You kind of look like my sorority sister Beth!
All: What colors and flowers are you all thinking about doing? Do you have any dresses in mind? I'm waiting as long as I can for the dress so I can be as skinny as possible! lol.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:42 AM   #7  

yeah we got engaged 2 years ago..we live together...and are waiting till i graduate next year..and ofcourse the money issue! we aren't in a rush
Old 06-10-2005, 10:47 AM   #8  

angelshine: Your situation is very similar to ours. We are waiting until I am done with Grad school. I'm working on my MBA right now. Fun Fun.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #9  

We haven't gotten all that far in out planning. We are going to get married in ME and I've never been there (it's where she's from). So once we get up there this August, I'll be able to tell. I don't think, since we aren't traditional to begin with, that we'll do an expensive wedding (since she doesn't really talk to her dad and mine probably won't come, we are paying for it all ourselves). I want the ceremony by the beach and then maybe a KoC hall and catered dinner with a DJ? I have no clue.

It's hard enough planning a wedding but we have some tinkering to do - like finding someone to officiate...

Colors will be pinks (two brides, how fitting no?) -- flowers like these
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flowers.jpg (22.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 06-10-2005, 11:53 AM   #10  

Hi Jen,

Here's another bride to join you on the beach! I am getting married on June 18, 2006. I want to lose about 80 lbs over the course of the next year to fit into a wedding dress I already have... it is going to take tons of hard work!!!

We are having a garden wedding and reception. Our colours are going to be pink, mint green and white. We have also hired a classical trio for the ceremony and then are switching to a jazz trio for the reception. The only pain about an outdoor wedding is having to rent and bring everything in... that's the only part I am not looking forward to. Hopefully it won't rain!!!

Good-luck on the beach!

Holly
Old 06-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #11  

Oh wow Jenne, that's very Interesting. I bet it will be difficult to find an officiant. Good luck with that! I am a little worried about that for us because Lar and I are living together, but I think I mentioned that before.
Holly: Our wedding dates are so close! Where do you live? Are you worried about rain?
Old 06-13-2005, 10:35 PM   #12  

Hi Jen,

Oddly enough I am not overly stressing about the rain factor... I am more worried about wind, lightening and thunder... those are the only things that can sabotage the wedding plans completely. We have made arrangements for a tent to be put up in case of inclement weather. Dave (Groom) says he is getting married outside no matter what the weather is like. He says people can watch us celebrate from their cars if they like. I am desperately hoping that the weather will be nice and sunny... but not too hot!

Obviously having an outdoor wedding is a huge risk... but we both fell in love wit h the place (and the people who run it) that we thought is was a risk worth taking.

Where are you getting married? Fill me in on some of the exciting details!!!!

I live in Pickering, Ontario... in Canada.

Looking forward to chatting anout weddings and the beach!

Holly

p.s how long have you been on the beach? What phase are you in?
Old 06-14-2005, 09:24 AM   #13  

Great! Lots of questions! I'm excited too!
1) We are trying to get a non-denominational Church that's really close to our reception hall to let us get married there, but I haven't heard back from them yet. (We live together - since 5 months after we got engaged, and I'm not sure if that is going to cause problems with getting married in a church...) Larry (Groom) wants to get married outside too, so if we don't get this church, that's our next choice. I love Dave's take on the rain issue! That is so what my Larry would say.
2) We live about 30 minutes north of Saint Louis, Missouri. I went to Bemidgi (sp?), Minnesota one summer, but that's about as far north as I've been.
3) This is my 2nd go around on the beach, and I re-started Christmas 2004. I am currently trying to do phase 2, but it ends up being a cross between phase 3 cheating and phase 1 catch up. I do phase 1 during the day, and whatever is available for dinner. bad bad. I have lost 31 pounds with this route though. Some weeks, I will do a strict phase 1.5, and then I lose, but then I get on week plateaus where I am not paying enough attention to what I eat. I want to lose another 30 or so pounds by the wedding. Ultimately, I'd like to be around 125-135 range, but 145 will definitely do. Larry and I plan on having kids fairly quickly after the wedding, so I at least want to be at or below the 150's before I get pregnant!
Well, nice talking to you. I need to get to work! I am on here all day long at work, so talk to you soon!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:04 AM   #14  

Well, we've decided to walk down the aisle together -- that way the attention is on BOTH of us at the same time. I also think we've decided to forgo the expensive wedding dresses. Since it will just barely be fall, we may do something like a bridesmaid's dress (the 2 pieces to choose from) or something similar. We can't afford to spend $500+ a piece on dresses, you know?

I am sure we'll come up with something.

Where are you all Honeymooning? We WANT Hawaii, but it depends on the cost and if my friend can help us with a deal! The tropics in September will be hurricane weather so that's out...

And what are you doing for favors? We need ideas!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:13 AM   #15  

Hey Jenn,
For our honeymoon, We won a 3 day trip to the Bahama's, but we really want to go to Jamaica. We might do the 3 days in the Bahamas and then fly to Jamaica from there...(I have no idea yet) Have you checked out David's Bridal? You can get dresses there for $99 each. They are awesome there. Check them out at www.davidsbridal.com I have no idea on favors yet. There are great sites on the internet for ideas though. My favorite wedding site so far is www.theknot.com. You have to register, but its free. The site is like your free personal wedding planner. It tells you everything you need to have done that month, etc. And you can save all of the dresses you like there, enter in your guest list, plan out seating, etc.
Closed Thread