Old 06-08-2005, 02:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Question Bikini area question

I know this is a very personal question and if the guys don't want to be embarrassed or want to know about that area, I would stop reading here.

So how do you groom your bikini area? I noticed over the weekend that the "hedges" needed some major trimming in my new bathing suit. I thought I would attempt to shave the area but my darn belly hangs over so far it was almost an olympic sport to get my belly up and out of the way with one hand, stand just right and have the razor in the other.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated since I do plan on spending lots of time in that bathing suit, soaking up the sun.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:09 PM   #2  
Crazy Canuck

I guess if we wore those "plus size" bathing suits with the huge *** flowered skirts we wouldn't have to worry about it

I have a Remington Smooth and Silky that works great - never had any irritating razor burn or chafing.

Sigh...guys have it so easy.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Give waxing a try and be hair free for weeks
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:30 PM   #4  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

I keep everything trimmed down there with a "man's" beard-moustash trimmer. I just recently started to be able to do it without the use of a cleverly placed mirror. As for the strays... I don't have those to worry about, but Samantha always has me wax hers. So I say enlist the help of your hubby and go for it! ( and ya never know... it could lead on )
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

LOL Sara you are too funny. I was going to try waxing next time. I usually nair my legs now but I don't want that stuff anywhere near that place
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:53 PM   #6  
Glutton

The Remington Smooth & Silky.. is that a razor or an electric shaver? I shave, but can only do it once a week as I get bad razor burn otherwise. I always try to shave neatly no matter what time of year it is but I eventually get little red bumps everywhere.

I naired once, but had no good results since my hair is pretty thick. I'd love to have it professionally done, but it seems to frivolous for my budget
jerkitout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:14 PM   #7  
Jennifer

I have shaved successfully before, BUT... I hereby present:

Jen's "Lessons Learned" for Shaving DOWN THERE

1. Use a new razor, preferably NOT of the cheapest-in-the-store variety. No exceptions. Trust me.

2. Use an emollient shaving cream rather than soap. I especially like my husband's gel stuff, although I'm sure I smell like a lumberjack after. Hm. Odd associations there!

3. Don't get overzealous! One summer I actually shaved off the whole thing, but I will NEVER do that again. When it grew back, it itched furiously for a couple of weeks! For some reason, I haven't had that problem with "edge trimming."

4. Copiously baby powder the area afterward to avoid chafing.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:27 PM   #8  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I shave it all off with an electric razor (I use the blind woman's method of shave.feel.shave.feel.shave.feel), then I use a regular razor of the edges. Waxing is sooo the way to go but I haven't found anyone here that I trust to show them my naughty bits.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:15 PM   #9  

I do a variation on the Jennifer technique. Now this is going to sound stupid, but since doing crunches at the gym, shaving the private area is easier. I can suck my tummy in a lot better, and still breathe, and this lifts the offending overhang. (goodness me, I do hope there are no guys reading this!!!!) No longer do I have to hold up my tummy with one hand and shave with the other!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 09:02 PM   #10  

Waxing is the way to go. Not long ago I worked up the courage to make an appointment for a Brazilian wax. This was my first professional wax of any kind so it was a big leap for me. I expected to be completely humiliated. But, when I got there the "technician" was about 8 months pregnant - not quite as intimidating as a perky skinny minnie. I braced myself for the first yank and just as she let it rip she held up the strip and said, "And THAT is why they call it SNATCH!" I thought I would die laughing and all of my modesty just rolled away.

One tip: if you do decide to go for a wax use an electric razor to trim everything down a bit first. It is a lot less painful if the hair is more of a stubble. I'm telling you, once you wax you won't go back!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:07 PM   #11  
Wife to 1 Mother of 4

I'm sitting here cracking up because everything you guys are saying I've done. And yes Jen's rules are the way to go. I'm crying over here
Reaferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:01 PM   #12  
Crazy Canuck

Here you go, jerkitout:

http://www.remington-products.com/us...al/ep1000.html

Some of these posts are reminding me of a time (long, long ago) when I made an entirely unsuccessful attempt at shaving a certain area into the shape of a heart for Valentine's Day...
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 12:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

This subject came up on another message board I frequent One of the ladies swears by using dove's unscented deodarent after. Some girls tried and agreed that yes....that was the way to go for an itch free shave
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 12:30 AM   #14  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I use a combination of the Jennifer/Jessica methods. Jessifer? Jennica?

I have a bikini trimmer, and trim & feel until there is almost nothing, then I finish off w/the Venus & a hair softener called...Coochy. Yes, it's name is Coochy. Accidentally leave it on your bathroom counter during a party for all sorts of commentary. This stuff is DA BOMB, and can be used to shave legs, armpits, and even as a hair conditioner in a pinch. I got mine @ a 'naughty party' (Slumber Parties), but I've seen it at the...um...adult book store, too. *cough*

Noxzema makes these cute lil bikini razors, but they're really made for a mouse or something, they are tinyyyy.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

This is too funny, I am laughing.. it's interesting being a plus size gal trying to get rid of hair down there! I usually go with the rule "if I can't see it I can't shave it", however swimsuit season that becomes a problem (unless you get a swimsuit with a skirt! ). I trim with a pair of sissors I got when I was in grade 6 (I don't even wanna think about that.. ), and then I use the bf's gel shaving cream, and his razor (I use a fresh blade ONLY got that region). I discovered using firming lotion helped with the itchy feeling, and made it look more pretty. There is nothing like proping up the belly .. lol.. makes me giggle!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote