Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 01:52 PM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Staying Core Clean On Core Board #19!

Let the games begin.......fill 'er up!

Frouf
Old 05-31-2005, 01:56 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks!!

One of my fears is losing my badge. I have two that are clipped together: one for the company and one to swipe into the program area. Since it's classified, it's not open to the rest of the company without a special access clearance. Anyway, I have had them fall out of their holders before but it was either right around my desk or somewhere in the program area. One good thing is that to get into the classified area, I have to swipe it and then put in a PIN, so nobody could use my badge to get in without the PIN. They could just get into the building but how boring is that? I'm glad someone found yours and turned it in quickly so you didn't have to worry.

I had my lunch and am still a bit hungry around the edges, so I guess I'll break out the applesauce soon. I need to get another bottle of water down too.

I'm trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight. I'll make a salad and maybe some LO roasted chicken for myself, or stop by Boston Market and get new roasted chicken or turkey, but I don't know what to make for everyone else. The girls are both at work and DH is home sick so maybe I'll luck out and not have to cook anything! If that's the case, I'm taking some more Tylenol PM and hitting the bed early.

Last edited by Katpo; 05-31-2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:40 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

terry, thank you for posting the recipe. i'll copy it. good success to you at wi tonight. just remind yourself of all the good choices you've made and how well you're doing on core. i'll bet you have a good loss. if you don't, you will next wi.

frouf, what a relief getting your id thingee back. i know that was a stressful few minutes there for you.

kathy, your meals always sound good. i'm still a bit hungry now, too. i just baked some south haven farms chocolate muffins (i only baked 2 apiece for dh and me @ 1 pt core each). i've had one and am about to have the other. i put some of the homemade granola in them--almost like having nuts. (i'm easy to fool.)
Old 05-31-2005, 03:58 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I love pecans...and all nuts for that matter (even tho I'm supposedly allergic to most of them except pecans) Saw a bag of them in the grocery store the other day and JUST KEPT WALKING - I know that if I had one I would inhale them all (all the while convincing myself how good they were for me!).

I am so hungry now that I am thinking of dinnertime already - need to eat my apple I guess? and I will have to be chewing gum when I get home or I will start eating whatever is lying around (usually nachos or pita chips or some other snack kids are working on!). I am dreaming of burgers and couscous and maybe even corn on the cob or something like that! and for dessert my new favorite - Breyer's smart scoops lf/sf fudge bar - yum!

Then need to tape my mouth shut for the rest of the evening and/or stay out of the kitchen! Have to clean up BEFORE cleaning lady shows up tomorrow - ha ha ha.

Terry - good luck at WI tonight - I'm sure with all your exercising you'll do just fine!

Kathy - I agree on not having to cook unless absolutely necessary - hopefully you can pick up all the core things you need - even enuf for some leftovers and/or lunches tomorrow!

Not only did I get my pass back, but team mate had another of those stretchy string holders so I told her if she gave it to me I would be her best friend forever!

This lasted a couple of hours until I noticed the string does not "retract" very well so I sometimes have this ID pass hanging down my leg? NOT GOOD - I have therefore retracted the "best friend forever" designation until such time that I am satisfied with the functionality of this item...hmmmph!!!! The nerve of some people.......

Froufie
Old 05-31-2005, 04:03 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

frouf, you're a hoot! i hope you get the right string equipment soon. i'd hate for you to trip.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:20 PM   #6  

Froufy, that was lucky. I just spent about 4 days trying to get various badges and decals updated. I have two for work, plus car decals, and a new one for the center where my kids will be going to camp. Couple that with the fact that my dh keeps misplacing things like insurance cards and vaccination records, and I've had a bit more running aroung than I would like getting everyone ready for summer.

I did a bit of shopping and at least have work lunches and snacks covered for a while. I had to buy a bunch of stuff to make cupcakes for dd to take to her class on Friday, but they aren't usually a temptation for me.

I'm trying to increase my morning walking time from 30 minutes to 45 or more. We'll see how that goes, given that it requires getting out of bed and stuff.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:23 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

cher, i wish i could walk with you guys. my old tootsies still aren't allowing me to do much walking. i'm a lot better now, though, and plan to start walking soon.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:56 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello ladies! I'm back from Walmart. Got everything on my list so it was a success.

Frouf, I would have been hysterical. We used to get reprimanded when we would lose our badges. They would get kind of freaked out to think about Treasury ID's floating around! Sheesh....doesn't anyone have a sense of humor?! Glad you got it back and hold out for the bestest stretchy thing you can get. I'm sorry you're so hungry. Sounds like you might still be having sugar withdrawal? Hang in there. You seem to have a great plan. I'm really hungry today too, but I think it is because I overate yesterday. I'll be looking for those Breyer's bars. Jima and I love fudge bars and 2 points is a nice amount to spend for something like that! Thanks for the recommendation.

Cher, congratulations on getting to your 20 pound mark! I know you feel like you lose very slowly but this was a big week for you. I am very proud of your accomplishment. Keep it up Girl!

Kath, I'm not cooking tonight either. Yep....lunch and dinner out. What a spoiled brat. I've just been running so much I haven't had time to make any menus. I stopped at Office Max on the way home from Walmart and now have my new binder to put all my Core recipes in. It's tabbed and organized and waiting for me to go through it to make some new Core selections. Of course, Jim is now requesting cornmeal chicken. I mentioned to him that several of you were wanting to make it for dinner yesterday, so I guess he got a taste for it! We love it too. Actually, he's lobbying for a new GF grill. We want a new big one with removable plates so they can be washed in the dishwasher. He usually cleans it so he wants the new one. I'm hoping it will be on sale for Father's Day. I'll buy it for him then even though he's not a father....except to Cassie the Scottie and Cameo the Scottish Fold! Hope Judd is feeling better soon and also that you find something scrumptious for your dinner tonight. Everything all squared away with your girls? When do they leave?

Sandra, I posted the spaghetti sauce. It is so delicious that I can't believe how easy it is. I may be pulling out the frozen bag later this week. Let me know if you like it.

I'm off to look at the Sunday sale papers and the grocery store ads that came out last Thursday. I'm a little behind this week! I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Last edited by Vickie; 05-31-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:08 PM   #9  
Closed

Terry Thank you for the Pan Fried CornMeal Chicken....yummmmm. That may be just what I'll have.
Well I just finished my after work snack (posted on Tues Menu) 94% FF popcorn and 32 oz of water..Melissa thanks again for starting that Menu thread. I am not sure how to do it, is it just a matter of "starting a new thread"??? If so someone let me know and I can do that in the early AM
Well I could have very easily had something I shouldn't have when I got in, but I didn't. Stress at work gets me every time!! I think, no, I KNOW I want to lose this damn weight more than I want to cheat right now. And you all are keeping in check (so far )

I 'really' need to start exercising more. Like most of us I am so frigging tired when I get home I have nothing left. I thought about doing it in the morning but I leave much too early to walk outside. So I am at a crossroads. I am sick of Leslie Sansone tapes. I'll figure something out but any suggestions would be appreciated. I leave for work about 6:30 and before that it's just too DARK out there for me....especially here, you never know what's crawling out there in the Land of buzzards and bees and let's not forget thost freaking geigos!!! YUK!!!!! So I may be forces to watch Leslie and the gang.

Cher-in your flore-ing you are probably eating mostly core anyway, and if you subtract what IS core you'll probably see you have little points...weird how that works!! And on the 20 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly didn't have this start out to be a 'challenge'
It was just to see if we could get through one week,especially ME, I am so damn looney sometimes. You all do so great, I seem to be the resident
I hope everyone doesn't feel obligated it wasnt' meant to be that way. You all are so very inspiring, and me wanting to get this 10 freaking pounds off am having a hard time staying OP. I have to do this to get back where I was. I think it was Vickie who said....she thinks of it as 'this is how I eat now' I love that and really it's easy if I put my mind to it and even if I want to use my WPA I know I can when I want to....usually I save those for Saturday night!!!
I don't want to faulter, I really don't. My weigh in is on Saturday so I'd like to be good till then, if not, I am only fooling and tricking myself.
I think posting my menu is helping to. So thank you ALL for being such inspirations to ME!!
My husband is so funny sometimes, the last few days he's said to me.....sooooo are 'we' the Princess of Points or the Contessa of Core....he cracks me up sometimes He believes Core is the way to go.....
Anyway...I will "talk" with you all later.....
Old 05-31-2005, 05:21 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, I like your Hubby and I've never met him. Very clever guy! All you have to do is choose the "start new thread", give it a title, and post away just like you do on the other threads. I notice you are on in the morning way before the rest of us snoozers! I wish I had some great advice for you about exercise. I'll give you one that I used to force myself to do while working. I got in the bad habit of working through lunch and chowing down on some fast food while I worked. Then near the end, when they were closing us, I said to **** with this. I deserve a lunch and I started to take it. I have to tell you that I would go for a 30 minute walk after eating my lunch (ok it was still fattening back then). It helped me to not gain more than I did because I was still eating badly, but more importantly, it helped with my stress level. You are always saying how stressed you are at work. Just get up and walk away from your desk. The work will STILL be there when you return, trust me. Everyone deserves a break. Studies have been conducted that prove that you will be twice as effective if you take a break and get some time away. Maybe this will work for you. What do you have to lose?
Old 05-31-2005, 05:31 PM   #11  
Closed

I did it (the menu thread) Vickie!! and have posted some of my day for Wed. already...Thanks!!!
And yes you are right....getting up and walking away is a great idea....I should. I just never do or have.
I can walk around the outter edges of the stores....I just may do that tomorrow. I never leave my desk it seems..... and my boss knows it....I choke my lunch down...lunch in one hand....working the keyboard with the other!!! Like today!!
The entire office would be shocked if I did that.....hmmmmm. I think I'll look for my sneaks!! Thanks Vickie!!
What do I have to lose???? About 10 lbs
I am doing the Crispy Chicken in the pan, another night....how bad can it be....and I have such a hankering for it!!

Linda

Last edited by L.J; 05-31-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:33 PM   #12  
Closed

Default explanation of sorts....

Thought I would put this here too in case any one didn't see it on the other board.

I was just hoping we could be on one or the other (plan) for this week, for no one else but ourselves, that was what my objective was....don't quite know how it got to 'challenge' status, that wasn't the objective, and for that I apolgize, it wasn't meant to be that way. Just a 'fun' thing to do amongst 'friends'

I understand about the 'structure' thing Kathy. I am choosing to eat
Core-isk, but you can bet I am measuring, and weighing and use servings. I STILL cannot TRUST myself to 'eat till I'm satisfied' Eating core items and measuring and weighing helps me. Plus I am eating better that's for sure and making better choices.
My main thing would be to get some really GOOD 'treats' If I have that, I can handle this. I usually use Saturday as a 'off' day, for only ONE meal though, and that would include a dessert, I am not off the ENTIRE day.
I wish everyone success, that's what it's all about
Old 05-31-2005, 07:35 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, I hope you do it and then keep it up. I guarantee you'll feel better and no one will think less of you for doing it. I bet you'll be more rested, less stressed, and more efficient when you return to your desk.

Well, I'm home from dinner and off to spend the evening with Jim and my June budget!
Old 05-31-2005, 07:37 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, I think the challenge or whatever you called it was a great idea. It's hard when you've been doing something for a long time to keep up your enthusiasm. Mine had been flagging so I was enjoying the camraderie. I don't think anyone took it in a negative way; at least I didn't!
Old 05-31-2005, 07:51 PM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

Linda, I'm right there with you! Whatever I do, I'll do it for myself and nobody else! I'm the one who has to plan it, implement it, stay on track with it, and either be miserable with my failure or happy with my success! I'm still game for a challenge but it probably won't be a totally Core challenge -- it'll be a "don't go crazy and eat the large sandwich at Schlotzsky's then wash it down with a 6-pack of beer" kind of challenge.

DH is sleeping in the recliner, and I'm about to hop on the Gazelle for a while. Have a great night, everybody!
Closed Thread