Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-08-2005, 05:06 PM   #1  
Chubbles

Default i dont know what to do!

Ok monday was day 1 of my working out...unfortunately i wore socks that were too low, and my shoes rubbed a blister on my ankle...so yesterday i took the day off, hoping it would get better...i thought it was until i went to the gym today...after only 10 mins on the treadmill it started hurting really bad, and i managed to last another 10 mins, then do 5 min on the eliptical...should i keep working out or wait for my blister to heal? i know i sound like a whiney baby, its just a blister, but when you go from being a couch potato to working out, any ache and pain is magnified by like 20.
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:14 PM   #2  
Working My Way Back Down

Why does it hurt? Is it still being rubbed by your shoes? If so, and you don't have other shoes that fit differently, you might have to wait. But, if it's not being rubbed by your shoes, can you put a bandaid or some moleskin over it for protection and then workout without pain? You certainly don't want to get it infected and put you off exercising longer, but I have good success with changing shoes/socks and covering it.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:51 PM   #3  
Chubbles

yeah, it is still rubbed by my shoes...i dont have any other shoes or i would wear different ones like you said...it is less painful than yesterday, so im hoping that tomorrow if i give it a rest then by friday i should be able to work out fine...i knew it was hurting monday when it started, but i didnt want to stop in the middle of my work out to go home and get new socks lol.
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:22 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

When I put a bandaid on a blister it usually doesn't bother me anymore. If you go to a gym do some weights instead of cardio or do some rowing or biking... Don't stop moving, just do it!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote