South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 09:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Default I need some encouragement

Yesterday I weighed and gained 2 pounds, I just chalked it up to eating too many kidney beans with dinner the night before? But this morning it's the same!!!!! I haven't been craving anything and I have stucked to the phase 1 plan. I'm so confused why would I have gained 2 pounds?

Today my meal plan is this

2 egg omelet w/ cup of milk
cauliflower for snack
cottage cheese
large salad from subway (i've brought my own tuna)---their salads are yummy
cheese stick for snack
grilled steak w/ broccolli & cheese

Has anyone had this happen to them...that they have gained weight on phase 1?
Old 06-08-2005, 10:05 AM   #2  

Tammy, how far into Phase I are you? If I'm nearing my TOM, I usually gain anywhere from 3-4 pounds. Could this be it? If you're only a few days in, it's probably just a water thing and it will release. Just make sure you're drinking plenty of water, as that usually help the body release what it's holding on to.

Good luck and don't be too discouraged, it will come off with persistence!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

thanks for the quick replay love,

I'm into my 3rd week on phase 1, we decided to go another week or so since my DH is still having cravings for french fries and we said we would stay together on our phases.

My TOM was last week so my pre TOM was my first week of ph1. I usually eat a lot of chocolate the week before TOM, but did really well. I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks and gained these 2 back the last couple days.

I drink 32~48 oz of water a day. about 16 oz is crystal light (which I've done since day 1 and still lost those 10 lbs.)

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:21 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

You need more veggies? And are you getting at least 64 oz of water in a day? I didn't think that would make a difference, but it totally does. You might be having too much dairy --- I think we are allowed 2-3 cups a day and always skim.

Are you on Phase 1?
Old 06-08-2005, 10:23 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Sorry -- posted at the same time as you Tammy...I would try to get more veggies in and leaner protein -- like have broccoli, cauliflower and chicken breast (grilled) for dinner...
Old 06-08-2005, 10:29 AM   #6  

Tammy, I just finished my 3rd week, and I lost 7 pounds in the first 2, and nothing in the 3rd. I haven't added much back in, 1 cup of fruit per day, which really shouldn't be causing the scale to stop. So, maybe our bodies are just adjusting? I remember when I was doing Atkins last year a similar thing happened, where I lost in Induction and then nothing for 3 weeks! But, with persistence, it then started to come off again.

Maybe we just need to be patient with ourselves. Just keep doing what you're doing, and ease into Phase II carefully. Phase II might actually help kick start your body. I've heard people say NOT to stay in Phase I longer than the 2 weeks.

Good luck to you!
Closed Thread