Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 01:32 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#37)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 06-05-2005, 01:38 PM   #2  

Congrats Gayle!!! Wow...down 23 lbs!!!!! WTG!! I'm so proud of you!!! Maybe I need to get some Geritol too!!

How is everyone? I sure wish the other Floozies would come back & join us. I do miss you all!

I found a car. Now we have to wait for them to do a credit check and see if they can get our payments to what we want. It's a '04 Grand Prix. It only has 32,000 miles. It's sharp! We looked at so many cars and I kept coming back to this one. So it must be meant for me to have this car. Keep you fingers crossed!

Well better get busy on this house. Have a great day!! (It's so HOT here!!) Stay cool!
Old 06-05-2005, 02:17 PM   #3  

Sherry-I'm crossing my fingers for you!
Old 06-06-2005, 03:36 PM   #4  
Losing it!

Sherry, any luck with the new car??? Wishing you the best!!!!

Shelley, are you feeling better today???

We had a couple of new people join us on the exercise thread. Nice to see Cheryl there too!!!

I hope all is well with everyone, wishing you all a blessed day!

Love, Gayle
Old 06-06-2005, 04:26 PM   #5  

Hello

I just got my CAR!!!!!!!!!! It's the one I wanted too!! It's a black 2004 Grand Prix! I love it!! I'm so excited because I have NEVER had a car this nice or this new! I don't like the payments but hopefully I'll get use to it soon.
(I think I deserve to brag...don't you? )

Gotta run over to the exercise board and see who is new!!

Bye!
Old 06-06-2005, 09:51 PM   #6  

Sherry that sounds like an awesome car. I hope that you get it. I can't imagine it being hot today. We went to the baseball game sunday and I put on my winter jacket because it was so damp from all the rain. And yes we got rain on. I get chilled so fast because of not feeling well. By the way I have been thinking of Wayne and keep forgetting to ask you how he is. Is he feeling much better, now?

Shelley thanks for filling me in on who Geritol is. It isn't something that we have here. You bursted my bubble. ;-) I thought that he was the cause of Gayle's great weight loss.

Gayle congratulations on the weightloss. You are doing great. Going for a grand slam, are you? If you don't mind me askining what motivated you to lose?

Saturday was another dreary rainny day that we knew that we wouldn't do any yard work so we ran away from home. We up and left without telling anyone where we went. We started off going out for a big breakfast and then we headed out on a road trip down to the states. Did any of you have the feeling that I was closer to you? lol We did some shopping and went out for dinner and were home before the stroke of midnight. It was a good day. We had a fun time. I wish that we could have kept driving and popped in to see each one of you. What a surprise that would have been. I would just come knocking on your door and say it is the Fiesty Canadian Chickie here open up or I will blow your house down.......would you have let me in?

We just tried to make the best out of our rainny weekend. Sunday evening after the ball game and going out for dinner we went to the movies to see The Interpeter. I really enjoyed it.

Hope all is well.

DEE
Old 06-07-2005, 10:11 AM   #7  
Losing it!

Dee, being fat was my motivator. I'm tired of feeling fat, looking fat and feeling old & yucky. My body feels the extra weight and it's time to lose. Also finally realizing I had horrible eating & exercise habits...I never realized how important it is to take care of your heart until just a few months ago with mom's heart attack. BTW: I did not see one overweight nurse working in the cardio care unit mom was in but once she moved out of that unit into rehabilitation, almost every nurse had a weight problem. It kinda tells you something...

Spent last night at the ER with the FIL. He has chronic enphasema (sp??) and is on oxygen. He couldn't breath or catch any air. He has the big P, they found a few spots in his lungs.

My oldest is ill with sinus infection and Steve is fighting his asthma, so todays schedule:

Mom: Cardio therapy at 10:00 out at 12:00
Liz doctor appointment 2:15
Steve doctor appointment 2:30
In between appointments, medicate and cook meals for my mother.

Going to try having a BD party for Steve tonight at his folks house if FIL isn't in the hospital... we sure are a healthy group around here! LOL!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:12 AM   #8  
Losing it!

Sherry, enjoy the new car! It is well deserved!!!!!

Dee, I would of let you in my house as long as you didn't do the white glove test around here! LOL!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:37 AM   #9  

Default Cautiously Optimistic

Yesterday was the first day of trying to be healthier. I lost about 30 lbs last year with WW and then gained 26 lbs back (Somehow, the fact that I didn't gain extra makes me feel a weeee bit better ) So today is day 2. Yesterday I focused on good choices food wise, drinking water and meant to exercise but didn't. Today, I will focus on food choices, drinking water and will really exercise!! My BF has a great workout facility at his apartment and goes every night, I just need to make a new habit to go with him!!

I hope this is an appropriate place to post this, and hope to not bore you too too much. I could really use some support for accountability and to boost me up I think what worked before with WW was the accountability, but right now I don't have the extra $$ to pay for that. I know what to do, it's about just doing it!!
Old 06-07-2005, 06:05 PM   #10  

MichelleLynn you have had a good plan, just need to implement it. I know that you can do it. We are all here for you and standing beside and behind you if you need a little shove. You can post what ever you feel like here. Did you exercise today?

Gayle that is a busy schedule. Your right taking a look around in the cardio ward and checking out the nurses. They know best. Sometimes it takes drastic measures for us to make changes. By the way how is Allison doing with everything that is going on? Is she scared for her Grandma or jealous that her mommy is so busy? Give her a big hug for me. What day is Steve's birthday? How old is? I hope that you get together with his family tonight. Emphasema is a tough disease. I see my mom and Larry's step dad suffer from it. Fortunately mom is not on oxygen but SFIL is. Never mind the white glove test I would put on the rubber gloves and give you a hand with everything. I feel for you. xoxox

Dee
Old 06-07-2005, 09:32 PM   #11  
Janice

Hello Floozies,
Well the battle of the bulge is still on. I have finally gotten on the right medication for my thyroid. It needs to be tested again in a month, but I feel better. I am so tired of going up and down with my weight. I have been on program for four days now without cheating. Dee, please don't send that rain my way. I have been living in the pool this past week. They weather has been fabulous. Love that sunshine, makes you feel alive. Sherry - congratulations on the new car. Take care all
Janice
Old 06-07-2005, 10:11 PM   #12  

Hello

Today has been a very busy day for me!! I left here at 9:15 (in my new car! ) to take my MIL to her doctor appointment, left there and we went to lunch. By the time I got home it was 1:30. I layed in my next door neighbors pool for 2 hours then did my yard work!

I feel like I have had a work-out today! My MIL walks with a walker now, almost blind from being a diabetic & her legs & feet stay swollen all the time. It takes 30 minutes just to get her in the car and get a seat belt on her. She walks so slow on the walker I didn't think we would ever get anywhere. I know I sound aweful saying all this but I DO love her I just feel so sorry for her. Her health has really gone down hill. Gayle....Know what I'm talking about???

Janice...So good to see a post from you!!!! Congrats on 4 days staying OP! I'm so glad you're on the right medication and you can finally start working on your goal weight!! Don't leave us again!

Dee...I would have LOVED to open my door and see you standing there!!! OMG! I wish that would come true! Keep all that ugly rain there! But hey...do you want all this humitity???? It's so hot & muggy here! I told Wayne if it gets any hotter we would have to start doing our yard work at midnight and use flashlights!!!

Gayle....You had one busy day!!!! SLOW DOWN GIRL!! Remember you used to tell me that!!! How did everyone's appt's go? I bet you're one tired lady tonight! Tell Steve HAPPY BIRTHDAY! How young is he?

Michelle...I love WW but can't stay on it anymore because of my hiatal hernia. Something that I eat..or don't eat upsets it & it flares up. Right now I'm trying to stay active and watch the amounts I consume. So far I haven't been doing bad. Just really trying to make good choices. I'm glad you found your way over here & post with us!

Shelley.... It's been a few days since you've posted over here. You ok? How is work going? Do you like it better in the summer when the kids are gone? When you answered my question the other day, I had forgotten that you were 12 months. I'm soooo glad I'm not! I sure enjoy the 3 summer months! Plus get a check!!

Where is everyone else?????? PLEASE post soon!! We need all of our Floozies back!!!!!!

Hugs....
Old 06-07-2005, 10:21 PM   #13  

Oh I forgot to tell you......

I won't be posting much Thurday,Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I'll be working FanFair and I know I'll be beat!!! But I will check-in when I'm not resting!!
Old 06-07-2005, 11:58 PM   #14  
Losing it!

Hi girls!

Welcome back Janice!

Michelle, feel free to post here...I'll try to make the others behave and be nice to you. LOL! Actually, this is a wonderful group of caring women ready to offer support at a drop of a hat.

We made ALL of the appointments today, Liz has a sinus infection ~~ Steve has pneumonia and is now using medication and a nebulizer which we rented. Mom is doing fair, still short of breath, we will find out about the fluid buildup on Tuesday. I told the doctor today, I'm ready to sit a tent up outside the clinic for as often as I'm there as of late. The cause of concern at the moment is my FIL, he has always been small but he is down to 105 pounds and very sick with chronic lung disease. They diagnosed him with pneumonia last night, today he is having the dry heaves and will not eat or drink. I have a feeling he may end up in the hospital tomorrow. We were to go to their house to celebrate Steves birthday (today) but we chose to not celebrate and get my FIL worked up. Steve and I dropped by tonight, he is not looking very good and is staying on oxygen full time. I swear I am aging daily from the stress!

Dee, Allison is doing ok with everything, we schedule special time together. Every since she was born she has been exposed to breathing nebulizers, oxegen and concentrators so she really see's nothing unusual about it. In fact, she thinks it's normal to have grandparents using the stuff. She thinks it's cool that both grandparents let her operate the machines when she is at their house.

Sher, Steve is a young pup of 35!!! I'm 42 and robbed the cradle. I prefer it this way, I get to train him plus have my own personal toy boy!! LOL! No if only he could breath so I could try some of that Geritol out! LOL!
Old 06-08-2005, 06:12 AM   #15  

Gayle-You tire me out just reading everything you are having to do in a day. I assume your walking is why your mom is at therapy.

Janice-Good to hear from you! I hope your medication works out this time. Good for you being OP for a few days.

Michelle-You can talk all you want over here. This hasn't been a real busy place in the last month or 2, but there are times when we tell all everyday the entire day! I am on WW and love it. I do WW online exclusively. I hate meetings, but I do need the accountibility of the online. I tried to stop online for a week, and was afraid my weight would creep back up, so I rejoined. I am on maintenance, and I go up and down 2 lbs from week to week.

Sherry-I love it without the kids and teachers at school! I can get so much done. Today, there will be just me and the secretary because the principal is going to a meeting. The 10 1/2 month people have their last day this coming Monday. Then it will be just me, the secretary, and the principal. The sec and principal are going on vacation soon though, and it will be just me and the custodians. How awesome is that?

Dee-How are you feeling? I noticed you walk or swam 30 miles. You are such an inspiration to everyone. We are getting big rainstorms here is Fl also, so I feel you weather pain! The only difference is that the high is still in the 90's here.
Closed Thread