South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 09:29 PM   #1  
Hottie on the Beach!

Talking Hi! I'm new to 3FC!!!

HI! I'm Sadiepies (of course it's not my real name! lol!) and this is my first post here at 3FC! I've been on the South Beach Diet since the beginning of February and I have slimed down 30 lbs back to my high school weight! I need some help to keep myself on track because I find that I am making excuses lately like "I don't do it all the time, it's okay." or "Just this little bit won't hurt." I haven't gained anything back, but I'm afraid if this keeps happening it will creep back up on me. I can already tell that my tummy seems flabbier since I've cheated here and there even though the scale says the same thing. I REALLY need to exercise, but I'm on a REALLY tight schedule, so I was hoping for some suggestions? Well, I look forward to meeting everyone!
Sadiepies

Last edited by Sadiepies; 06-07-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome and congratulations on your weightloss. I am sure you can give us lots of hints and we'll help you. What a good looking couple you two are!

By the way, it is not a good idea to post your real name and your husband's on the Net, wespecially when you also post where you live. This is a public board and we try to avoid spammers and other unpleasantness. I edited it out but wasn't very tidy about it. Sorry.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:57 PM   #3  
Hottie on the Beach!

Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't think about the names in my siggy. I took out the city I was from too. I've been a member of another forum for over 3 years (not weight-loss related) and I'm so used to everyone knowing my name and all about me. Thanks for editing it for me. I looked at it before I saw your post and was like "what in the world?" Lol! I fixed it.
Sadiepies

Last edited by Sadiepies; 06-07-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:12 PM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey welcome to the sand! Congrats on your loss so far!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:14 PM   #5  
Hottie on the Beach!

Thank-you! Nice to meet ya'!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:40 PM   #6  

Why you two are goooorgeous!!!! Hey, you'll do fine and this is easy...you obviously don't have anything to lose but staying where you're at is important to you (I can understand that completely) You're a hot mama come on!!!!

This is a very easy and doable diet!!! We are all here for you, these gals here are great!!!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 11:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Welcome!!!!
So glad you joined us, you two are so cute together.
Look forward to losing with you!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 11:14 PM   #8  
Hottie on the Beach!

Thank-ya'll so much! How sweet!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 12:18 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome to the beach! YOU both make a cute couple.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:00 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach!
Old 06-08-2005, 08:23 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, Sadie!

You might find some help and information in the Maintainers forum...they have lots of great tips on keeping off what you have lost.

Sweet Tooth here reached her goal quite a while ago, and could give you more info on what she's done to keep it off.

Exercise can sometimes be tough to fit it...perhaps you could invest in some videos with 20 min workouts that you can fit in when possible at home? Or you could do a walk off the pounds tape during your lunch hour? There is a new Exercise Video forum here at 3FC, you might find what you need there.

Good luck!
Old 06-08-2005, 09:50 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi and Welcome (I call my SO HoneyBunch, or HB for short too)!!!

How about taking the stairs or just walking more? Parking your car further away than looking for that perfect spot works too. I know all too well about "no time!" so I started with those things and started doing about 100 crunches a night. And it helps!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:11 AM   #13  

One thing I did was pick up something called Fit Deck from the internet. I think it is at www.fitdeck.com but I could be wrong. It is a set of cards of different exercises and you can choose what you have time to do. You can also do it at different levels. It can be good when I don't have time to get to the gym.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:37 PM   #14  
Conquering with SBD

Welcome to the beach. You have done a super job of losing over the past few months.

I can understand where you are coming from with cheating. I have been down to my goal weight since last November, and find it hard to always stay on track. However, this is my second time at reaching goal.

The first time was a disaster. I reached goal and was so confident, that I could just taste a bit of this and that, and justified all the reasons that I could cheat, but really paid the price. I gained back about 40 of the 66 pounds that I had lost. When I reached goal this time, I was determined that I would not fall into that trap again.

Here is what works for me. When I eat off program foods, I count it as a treat and always plan my treats in advance. For me it is a mental game at this point. The mental part that I now justify is that, if I plan to have a treat in advance, then I have worked that treat into the entire eating program. Quite often, I will do a few days of Phase 1 before I know that I am going out for dinner, or to a birthday party, or picnic, or some special event. Weight-wise, I am usually down 2 - 3 pounds prior to the event, and mentally I think that I have done some extra work to enjoy the evening. That way, you can enjoy treats without the guilt that comes with thinking that you are cheating.

When it comes to spur of the moment treats...I just say no (graciously, of course). It is hard to do, but I am getting better at it. I have just decided that, if I have not planned to be off program, then I am just not going to eat whatever it is.

Also, remember, that it takes close to a year for your weight to stabilize at a new level, so now is the time that you really need to work at keeping the 'extras' in line. I know all to well what those little extras can lead to.

Hope to hear from you lots. Take care.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:21 PM   #15  
Hottie on the Beach!

Talking

Wow! Thanks for the GREAT advice! I'm going to have to start doing that (plan my treats in advance). As for exercise, I'm in college, so walking that campus helps out, and I do park farther away now. My friends hate me for it, but oh well! I have Windsor Pilates tapes, but right now we are staying with my grandparents while we're saving for a house and our room is the size of a small walk-in closet!!! HONESTLY! So I don't have any dang room to do it! But I think if I can get away from my homework a little (I'm a Teacher Assistant so I don't have to work this summer, but I have 4 classes..yuck) I can walk or jog the neighborhood. I used to do it all the time when I was a teenager and I stayed really slim. It was nice meeting ya'll and thanks again for the tips!
Nicole
Closed Thread