Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-07-2005, 10:41 AM   #1  
Mikey's girl

Talking Motivation.....music!!

ok... One thing that really gets me in the mood is some really fun fast paced music..That gets you swinging in your chair, wiggling your lil rear end..
Just wondering if it motivates anyone else!! Have a SUPER DANCING DAY!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:00 PM   #2  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

my current workout album is smash by the offspring oldie i know but really good to run to
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:30 PM   #3  
I'm lovin my scale

Default I need music

When i work out i have to have music. If i don't have music, i have a harder time keeping a decent pace and i get bored. I like up beat stuff if i'm doing cardio, whether it be walking or jogging, but i like slower stuff for lifting. The hardest thing to do though is to find decent songs that aren't too slow without being too fast.
imsexydamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #4  
Chubbles

this may sound really silly...and I ONLY like this stuff when I'm working out...yeah I listen to a cd called RAVE 99...it has the cheesiest trance-pop ever...electronic music really does wonders for my motivation when I'm working out though! haha.
I think it's because most of the songs BPM are around 130-140, so that's just a good rhythm I can match my feet to on the treadmill or stairmaster :-p
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:46 PM   #5  
Becomming a Monster

i do hope its nots trace pop if its rave. it should be happy hardcore and hard techno.

i'm a raver baby can't you see so come along and rave with me!
Old 06-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #6  

I must must must have fast upbeat music when I am working out.
Maggie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:53 PM   #7  
Mikey's girl

my music is techno, the upbeat with words. Like have you ever heard rapture? I dont know who sings it, but I love it!! I know EVERYONE has heard sandcastle in the sky or whatever, that one is annoying. Something about hte steady upbeat, that keeps me going.
A lot of my friends make fun of me, because Im not a "raver" I really like ghetto dance music, like the new will smith song, or nelly.. LOL then here I am rocking out to some weird techno. Oh well everyone is different!
Slim~ you listen to techno? any favs if you do??
Break~ It's not silly, I think whateer gets you moving, even just a lil bit is awesome!! Im a huge fan of happy go go go music..<thats what I call motivational music>
Old 06-07-2005, 05:57 PM   #8  
Chubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmingsi
i do hope its nots trace pop if its rave. it should be happy hardcore and hard techno.

i'm a raver baby can't you see so come along and rave with me!
omg happy hardcore? let me go puke a little bit...lol and techno bores me. I am more into DnB (bf spins it) but my gay trancey side comes out when i work out!
It's a fine day, Heaven, When the rush comes, Angel, Silence...I also enjoy listening to my Prodigy CD when I work out. haha. silly i know.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:59 PM   #9  
Chubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustForUs
my music is techno, the upbeat with words. Like have you ever heard rapture? I dont know who sings it, but I love it!! I know EVERYONE has heard sandcastle in the sky or whatever, that one is annoying. Something about hte steady upbeat, that keeps me going.
A lot of my friends make fun of me, because Im not a "raver" I really like ghetto dance music, like the new will smith song, or nelly.. LOL then here I am rocking out to some weird techno. Oh well everyone is different!
Slim~ you listen to techno? any favs if you do??
Break~ It's not silly, I think whateer gets you moving, even just a lil bit is awesome!! Im a huge fan of happy go go go music..<thats what I call motivational music>
hehe rapture is on my list too..and castels in the sky...
but for the record, those songs are NOT classified as TECHNO! lol
They are trance-pop! :-p
Techno is a lot more underground, not lyrical at all, and its a very very fast straight beat, with minimal changes throughout the song...i think techno is boring! Everyone likes to call all electronic music techno though :-p
Old 06-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #10  
Chubbles

hehe yeah i quit raving...and all my raving habbits...when the scene here in houston died out...hence why im FAT now! haha
Old 06-07-2005, 08:16 PM   #11  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I make my own CDs on the computer with mostly 80's music. I'm old. I like the fast-paced stuff for running. And I have a slower CD I use for walking and other exercises. My running music starts off with songs like Cecelia and My Sharona. Just to make sure you realize just how old I really am.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

My fav workout music is hip-hop and rap - both new school and old. I love the beats, the hooks and the lyrics. I just have to make sure I don't rap out loud along with the music because a lot of the lyrics are explicit.

Tiki
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 01:28 AM   #13  

Without music I couldnt exercise
I usually work out to techno and rock
Old 06-08-2005, 08:19 AM   #14  
Mikey's girl

I know that "rapture & castles in hte sky" isnt tech. techno, but you knew what I meant. I like when thye are all mised together!! LOL I can only listen to it when Im working out, the straight beat gets to boring for me. Any other time, its gotta hvae words in it.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:21 AM   #15  
Becomming a Monster

i'm not really a techno fan to be honest. i do like old prodigy tracks like poison but i wouldn't class that as techno. happy hardcore and hardhouse are good but it can't be happy hardcore unless there is the distinct sound of a piano or keyboard in the background. lol. i do like the old classics 99 red ballons and forever young the alphaville song that got done over. but at the heart of it all i'm a metal head i listen to some rather varied stuff lol