Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-06-2005, 02:26 PM   #1  
Chubbles

Default here goes nothing!

I'm finally getting off my butt and going walking...I am SO lazy, I have done great on my diet but I have just thought of every excuse possible about going to exercise. I'll post how it went when I get back!
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 02:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

good job getting going. I have become almost addicted to excercising. You'll feel great after and the scale will start moving way faster than dieting alone. Keep it up!
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #3  
Chubbles

yay! I did it! And I'm glad I opted to go to the fitness center in my apt. complex...I almost didn't because the last time i was there they had a bunch of really crappy equipment that looked about 15 years old, and there were like 5 stinky guys in there! But I went to just check it out, and they got new machines! Now all they need is a TV that is decent...the one they have in there now is tiny and it looks like somone messed it up, the colors are all green on it! And there was no remote so I got to watch ESPN :-p Oh well good thing I like sports! hehe...

ok, well I walked 1 mile, which took 21 minutes, I bobbled from about 3.1 mph-3.5 mph
then I did 10 minutes on the stationary bike...I think it was 3 miles, not sure though. I definitely plan on going back tomorrow or wednesday if I am too sore, and I think going during the day is a good idea because I get the whole place to myself :-p stinky sweaty men annoy me!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:50 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Any VCR with that TV? The fitness center in my old complex had a small crappy TV as well, but it had a VCR hookup. So most people either brought in their exercise videos to do at the club or brought in a video they wanted to watch while using the equipment.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:49 PM   #5  
Chubbles

no, but my boyfriend mentioned getting me an Ipod Shuffle today!
Old 06-07-2005, 06:32 AM   #6  

Oh yes, music will be a huge help. Also check out Audible.com - audio books get me through my cardio. If you sign up for 2 books a month they will give you a free Muvo Player (512mB) that can hold both books and MP3s so you can have both - and small and easy to wear around your neck. I think that it is the Mb as the shuffle, the size of a small box of matches (like you used to get in restaurants) and a whole lot better deal. On runs I tuck it into my bra strap. Mine has made all the difference.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:43 AM   #7  
Chubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenuw
Oh yes, music will be a huge help. Also check out Audible.com - audio books get me through my cardio. If you sign up for 2 books a month they will give you a free Muvo Player (512mB) that can hold both books and MP3s so you can have both - and small and easy to wear around your neck. I think that it is the Mb as the shuffle, the size of a small box of matches (like you used to get in restaurants) and a whole lot better deal. On runs I tuck it into my bra strap. Mine has made all the difference.
WOW! Thanks for that suggestion! I LOVE books on tape! I need to try that for sure!
Old 06-07-2005, 01:01 PM   #8  
Working My Way Back Down

I too love books on tape - and they are even better on an MP3 device!! Even though mine is the bigger size, I use it all the time. I love that it holds both music and books. It saved me on vacation - I could take more books than if I had to cram them in my luggage, plus it was much easier to listen on the plane than to sit at the weird angle necessary for the overhead light to be effective.

One other suggestion to those who like recorded books - check your library. There are larger libraries that now allow their patrons to download audiobooks (which expire after a set time). More and more of them will be doing this, but if you live where there's a large municipal library check into it.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #9  
Chubbles

so today I can't decide if i will go work out or not....I got a nasty blister on the back of my ankle because my socks were too short and the back of my shoe was rubbing it during the exercise yesterday!
Old 06-07-2005, 08:18 PM   #10  
Blonde Bimbo

So you work out to a video in the comfort of your own home...shoeless.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:15 AM   #11  
Chubbles

haha if i had one i would :-p
Old 06-08-2005, 12:05 PM   #12  
Blonde Bimbo

Default Mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastsurreal
haha if i had one i would :-p
A video or a home? If it's the former, I got tons, wanna borrow one? LOL If it's the latter, got plenty of room here for two people work out, we'll just push the reclyner out of the way. I already move my coffee table each time in order to maximize my workout space. We can count the furniture moving as weight lifting.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:28 PM   #13  
Chubbles

hehe dont tease! I have a nice home, just no workout videos. I had a few before when I was in college but who knows where they went. hehe I used to get all the girls in the dorm, and we'd go to the lobby of the dorm and put the tapes on the bigscreen and all work out together, that was so fun! people would laugh at first, then they'd be like "hey whoa that looks like fun" and come join us!
Old 06-08-2005, 01:41 PM   #14  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Thats awesome that you've started exercising, I need to get my butt in gear both with eating and exercising, I've been doing OK but not great, and not good enough to see any results, I'm hoping to get a treadmill or recumbant bike for home soon, as I live in a house with my parents and we dont have a fitness centre built in, it would be nice tho! lol

I do have a gym membership but I can't get there (no car, bus doesnt go there, too far to walk/bike) my mom goes sometimes but usually early in the morning before work when Im at home looking after my brother she cant even go right now tho cuz the car is broke, she and my stepdad have to bike to work.

I have lots of exercise videos, but there are only a few I like to do, and there is like only one I can do now (WATP) b/c I hurt my knee Plus I think it is really boring watching someone doing what your doing! lol Thats why I like things like a treadmill b/c you can just do it and watch TV while your doing it, or read a book (I prefer to read rather than listen to it on tape! lol)

I enjoy walking and last month for about 3 weeks I was pretty good with getting out almost everyday for 30 minutes but this week and last week weren't too good, mainly b/c of the heat, so Im really hoping I get that treadmill or bike soon! lol

Eating well I've been doing ok with on most days, some days (mostly weekends) I cant stop eating tho, and at night since I usually stay up until about 2am I get really hungry and instead of going and eating something healthy I pick out junk food! lol A bag of crispy minis seems to be my favourite! lol Oh and for some reason I find it impossible to journal my food every day, which is odd for me b/c Im one of those ppl who has to be organized and know what their doing when their doing it and has to plan everything out, I cant just let things happen..lol

Anyway congrats, keep it up!!! Dont be like me and do it for a few weeks and then stop! lol

Last edited by Trixie14; 06-08-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote