South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #1  

Default Phase 1 Start - Monday June 6th

Hello,
Decided I need to start phase 1 over. I need to get the cravings all out of my system. I have done this program before and I feel great when I do it, but I just takes one weekend of junkfood eating to get me off the program. So if anyone wants to join me for the next two weeks hop on board.

Can't get the titled corrected? What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by 1day@atime; 06-06-2005 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #2  

Patty, I think that's one of the nice things about the beach. You know what you need to do and you can do it.

Lydia
Old 06-07-2005, 04:40 AM   #3  

I have also found that all you need is a bad weekend with too many birthday parties & not enough will power & you're back at square one.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:21 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1day@atime
Can't get the titled corrected? What am I doing wrong?
First of all congratulations on deciding to detox again.

The tags do not work in the titles. Sorry. It's that way for control of type size in the titles of threads.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:02 AM   #5  

Talking

I'm on board. This is my first go round on Phase I. I started yesterday and had a great day. I think I can do this (I think I can, I think I can!!!)
Old 06-07-2005, 01:31 PM   #6  
Zanesgrammy

I started on Sunday - I don't know if I'll make if for two weeks - the lack of variety is probably going to get to me by the weekend. I'm single so I'm not doing a lot of cooking. I'm going to go get some low type carb - meat and veggies only - frozen dinners. I gave up smoking 8 months ago and I definately have an oral/munchie "issue"! Anyway, I'm in on your 2 week crusade!
Old 06-07-2005, 01:49 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 2"

Good luck to all on Phase 1! I know you'll do fine. This board is very helpful, loaded with helpful information and good recipes!
Old 06-07-2005, 02:27 PM   #8  
Zanesgrammy

Patricia: you're right - I just found 2 recipes that involve black beans - I love them and that'll do the trick! A little celery and I can do some dipping! And an egg recipe.

Thanks -
Old 06-07-2005, 09:15 PM   #9  

Hello Ladies,

Day 1 and it was rough. So many times I wanted to sneak into my co-wokers office and get a piece of candy, but I i didn't. I was prepared so I had lots of snack foods to eat. My water is another story. I have only drank 48 oz so far. Get to drink more.....

Beckatz - I know you can I know you can. I saw where you had lost quite a bit of weight already. Did you lose that doing a program?

Zanesgrammy - I'm with you. Being single I end up eating the same ol stuff. Or I overcook and end up throwing away.

Ruth - thanks for the information. Someone cleaned up my title.

Hope everyone is having a great evening!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:20 PM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

Beckatz...Welcome to the beach!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:44 PM   #11  
Adi

Thumbs up Another newbie chiming in

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the 3FatChicks board and this is my first post. I used to be a regular over at the weigh-better.com boards before Bev took them down.

Anyway, I'm glad to be joining you on the beach. I actually started Phase 1 today (Tuesday), but will definitely try to support all of you who got your act together one day before me!

Today was pretty successful for me, though I did mess up and have a tiny piece of a carrot by accident. Got to review that food list!

I've got a bit of a sugar withdrawal headache, but it could just be fatigue.

Sending you lots of strength and support. You can do it! 1day@atime's screen name says it all! Good luck!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:01 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

welcome all!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 07:32 PM   #13  

Hello Ladies,

Day 2 and it was a better than yesterday. The hardest thing for me was passing up some leftover muffins in the break room. Doing a little better on my water.

Adi - yesterday was my first day too! I printed a copy from here and keep it in my purse. I know my problem will be counting the pistachos. I tend to eat more than allowed.

Hope you had a great day today!
Old 06-08-2005, 11:05 PM   #14  
Adi

Smile Another day down!

Hi everyone,

I should be like Patty and carry a copy of the allowed foods with me at all times since today I made a few borderline choices. I totally forgot about the nut limit and probably had more than 15 almonds!

Otherwise, everything was peachy (minus the peaches) and I'm really proud of myself for sticking to the plan.

Hope that everyone else had a great day!

Patty-- you seem on top of everything. Stay strong. Put those extra pistachios away!
Old 06-09-2005, 01:46 AM   #15  

Darn those pistachios! I also fell for them & had them almost ruin me. I don't even buy them anymore, I sure miss them
Closed Thread