Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #1  

Default Ideas?

My mother wants to join me on my diet {I'm doing WW}, however she is wheelchair bound and has very little use, if any, of her limbs due to diabetic damage.

Any ideas or suggestions for helping her to lose the weight? Is WW effective without exercising?
dakotamidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:27 AM   #2  

Default Yes

My mo is on weight watchers and she has lost weight you do not have to do heavy excerise to lose weight on this program. You just have to follow the food plan. I know it sounds crazy but it works. Angie
nosugarmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 02:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

When I was attending meetings, in Bloomington, Illinois, we had members in wheelchairs, one or two even on oxygyn, so I'm sure many had very limited mobility. The center even had a special scale for members using walkers and wheelchairs (I know some meetings wouldn't have this, but it's worth asking about). The great thing about weight watchers is it's adaptable to anyone. If your metabolism needs are lower than most people of your weight, that is you are following the program for your weight and don't lose, the program would have you reduce your points until you start losing (and the Core program is great for anyone and there is no counting - except for non Core foods).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote