Old 06-04-2005, 03:19 PM   #1  

Default Anyone losing weight for a wedding?

Hi! I'm not new to trying to lose weight, but I am a new mom and getting married in September. Basically I have more weight to lose, but a good reason to do it. There has to be some other brides to be on this board. I'm not having a big wedding with a fancy expensive dress or anything, just a casual get together in a cute little dress. I'm still going to be the princess for the day (yeah right, with a six month old daughter!) so I want to look great.

What kind of goals are you setting? What plan are you following? Just curious. I know I could use some help.
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

My aunt is supposed to be renewing her vows sometime in the near future. And in the next year or so I'm going to get married...we decided on Vegas. Just me and him. I want to slim down before then so badly. I don't want to have fat wedding pictures I'm basically just doing the whole exercise eat well thing. In my signature I put a mini goal. It gets to be too much sometimes to look at the big number.
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:48 PM   #3  

me!! Great to see another bride to be on here, welcome!

I'm just trying to lose weight slowly and steadily- I do NOT want it to come back. Im going wedding dress shopping at the end of summer (August) so I want to be at my goal weight by then- that's the only real goal I've set.

So far my plan has just been eating three meals a day and two snacks (basically eating every three hours) so my blood sugar never dips too low, and eating between 1300-1600 cals...oh yes and journalling, that has been a big key.
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 04:58 PM   #4  
Chubbles

OO OO me too! We bought the ring off Ebay a few weeks ago, it should be arriving in the mail this week, then it will be official! That is what spurred me on to get with it and lose weight. Just started atkins Wednesday the 1st and I have lost 9LBS since then! I don't want to set my wedding date until I get to 140, then I'll start planning and try to lose a couple more maybe, I want to look my best in my dress! I am also growing my hair out really long, and recently quit biting my nails. Getting married is such a great motivator I don't want a big wedding, but I am all about getting a fancy frou-frou girly dress hehe. Keep us updated on your weight loss journey!
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #5  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Well, I'm not engaged YET, but if everything goes well I will be soon! (He's just waiting for "the right moment" to propose ) I definitely did not want to have a fat wedding -- I used to say stuff to him like "I'm too fat to get married, so you can't propose to me yet!" But now I know that in a year I will be looking great, and ready to wear a wedding dress, so the heat is on for him! Also recently a bunch of our friends got engaged and married, including a two couples who haven't been together as long as we have (our FIFTH anniversary is in November!).

I'm looking forward to planning a wedding, and not having to worry about being fat! Now I just need to talk my bf into it!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:17 PM   #6  

Yeah! I knew there would be a few of you here.

Sounds like all of us are pretty much doing the same thing. Slow and steady wins the race. I am using SELF diet club to track all of my food and exercise and it is helping already. It is kind of hard since I am breastfeeding, I can't cut calories much lower than 2000 per day. Luckily I have been losing about 5 pounds a month just with the added exercise of schlepping a 15 pound baby around!

I just put all of my maternity clothes away today. It felt so good to get it out of my sight. Granted, elastic waistbands are great, but puting my old size 6 and 8 clothes in my closet will be more of a motivational tool. I'm hoping to go from my current 12 to a 10 by September.

Jessie-I am jealous of the Vegas plans. I never wanted an "actual" wedding, but we are doing it for my boyfriend's family. His grandma is having a hard enough time with us not doing it in the Catholic cathedral that everyone else in the family got married in. We figured the least we could do is a small wedding with a pastor. I was raised to believe that the marriage is important, not the wedding. So, my dreams as a little girl getting married always took place in front of a Justice of the Peace!

I'll help all of you with your goals if you promise to help me!
She-Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 09:25 PM   #7  
Just starting out!

Nothing official yet, but will definitely be happening soon. (And by that I mean boy-"soon", so in a year or two?) I'll have plenty of time to be perfect by then.... not really at the crunch time yet. Unless he decides he's dying to be on my work benefits, then we'll see...
gypzye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 09:22 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm definitley not getting married yet, but I am going to be my sister's maid-of-honor for her wedding on April 22, 2006. I REALLY don't want my dress to look like atrash bag (as most dresses do on me right now since I have NO shape--well, yeah I have a shape...ROUND! ). I'm nearly 300 pounds right now, so I'm working my butt off to get down to 200 by the time I have to get in front of all those people If I don't lose ALL of it, I'll be okay, but I figure if I set my goal high, I'll strive for more, ya know? Of course, by the time her wedding rolls around, I'll hopefully be engaged (moving in with my bf in October--we've been together for over a year), so then I can continue losing for my very own wedding! That's a little too far off for me to worry about now, though, so I'm focusing on my sister's wedding.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:31 AM   #9  
Mikey's girl

oooo oo ooo me!! ok not yet, Im in the same boat of SOON VERY VERY SOON!! We have been together for over 3 years, and we have a 9 months ol lil girl. We own a house together, so we're getting there. We are trying to save the money, and I dont want to push him into it.. He jokes around, and says your motivation should be a wedding!! hehe he's so cute! but it is true, I dont wanna be huge at my own wedding!! so thats my goal, and of course the honeymoon bikini after wards!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #10  
Chubbles

haha i kind of talked my fiance into getting married...he had the strange idea that maybe we should have kids first...so that's why I kind of pushed the marriage thing on him, sorry I really would like to be married to him before I have his children...it just makes my family happier and makes me feel a lot more secure...but after I lose the weight I kind of want to wait a year or 2 before I get pregnant. Then I'll get to start my induction ALL over I'm sure...my fiance's sister just had a baby, she went from 125lbs to 200lbs at her delivery...I really hope I am one of those lucky ones that only gains 30lbs
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #11  
Mikey's girl

That was me. I gained A TON OF WEIGHT.... After makayla, I had so many problems, and went from 140 to 216 now Im trying top get back into shape, I was hoping I only gained a couple pounds, no such thing for me.And I had a section.. Toxima was the least of my problems, which limited my excersing, and being put on bedrest.. MAN O MAN.. Oh well . <We didnt plan kids before marriage, just kinda happened.> But miracles come when you least expect them.
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

She-I always thought it would be nice to have an actual wedding, but now that I'm older I just don't want to spend all that money on one day. I'd rather save for a car...or a house lol Vegas is a nice little road trip from here. I have a feeling we'll be going sometime later this year.....when it's not so damn hot. My mom just hates the idea, but seems to be coming around a bit. She's concerned that I'm going to be disappointed later. I don't know how....a Vegas wedding and a honeymoon all in one, totally my kinda thing, his too. I assured her that she would get lotsa pictures lol

My aunt's vow renewal is supposed to be in Hawaii. I don't own a bathing suit and wouldn't get in one if I did lol. I haven't even bought myself clothes in a long time, because I don't want to stay at this weight. If I could just get down a few sizes I'd have my old clothes to wear at least. It's been years since I've seen my aunt. She told my mom that she would pay for our (my mom, brother and myself) plane tickets. We'll see what happens, but that is another little motivator for me. I'm excited because I've never been, yet I don't wanna go because of my weight. The whole situation makes me nervous
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:19 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I too am a bride to be!!! I was asked and I accepted but the ring is to come later this year as neither of us can really afford it.

We want to do the traditional thing but being gay axes that a bit. We wanted to do the traditional dress too, but have since been back and fourth. We are going to Maine to scope out a place and can decide from there. It's not until September 9, 2006 so we have some time...

I am following South Beach and love it. I figure I want to be at goal by March 2006 so I can know my size and get a dress I can use for the special day. Losing more won't hurt too badly, lol
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote