Old 06-06-2005, 09:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Weighty Issues #28

Welcome to the May edition of our Weighty Issues thread. We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life (try saying that 3X fast! ) , spread out across the U.S. from the east coast to the west. We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 09:08 AM   #2  

OK.. I just started the new thread.. I haven't gotten a chance to go back and ready the other.. I've been MIA for this past week.... but once I get the chance, hopefully today, I will! Last week was hetic... We had the holiday, then I was busy doing Month end stuff in accounting for payroll, I had to take time off two days in a row for Hannah's 1st grade awards ceremony and Megan's Pre-K graduation, I have been busy doing payroll (that is what I am doing today) and busy getting the girls ready to go to Texas.

Thursday was their last day of school.... Saturday, I drove all day long... I took them down to Texas so they can spend the next two and a half weeks with Aunt Nelly.... Yesterday I just vegged with Alan... and today, well, I have to get a ton of stuff done. Tomorrow, I fly to St. Louis, and I will be there til Friday night for training with Ceridian on our new payroll/HR system. So, I will warn you now, I will be out of pocket again!

Needless to say, I have totally not been eating right or exercising... but I need to start back. I've gained back about two pounds that I had lost.... Oh... and Saturday after I got home, I had dinner with Alan and about 6 other people.. and two of those are Tim and Cathy.. well, they are going on a cruise, 7 day, in October, and they asked Alan to go... and then he asked me to go... so I have til October to look good in a bathing suit! Oh.. and to find someone to watch my girls for that long.. that will be the trick! Anyway.. If that won't motivate me to get back into shape, I'm not sure what will.

OK.. I gotta get to work, but I'll be back later to catch up!

Hugs!

Cherie
Old 06-06-2005, 12:00 PM   #3  

Cherie, sounds like you have been busy as ever. I hope your girls have a good little vacation. Speaking of vacations, another one for you?? You lucky girl. When do you leave for the races?? We will miss you while you are on your trip this week. Have a good one and be safe.

I hope everyone else had a nice weekend. The weather here was hot and nice. My kids went swimming yesterday with dh for a couple of hours. I just didn't feel like hopping in with TOM coming. So I cleaned the house and stayed in the air conditioning .

Dips btw it was nice to hear from you. I am glad you are settled in your new apartment. Are you still doing the atkins thing. Don't be a stranger. Come by more often .

Well girls I will check back later. Have a great day.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 02:55 PM   #4  

Girls, how are ya?? I need some advice....my three year dd will pee on the toliet but will not poop on it no matter what I do!! She is starting to hold it!!
I am going crazy here !! Sorry if it is TMI for some people to talk about but I need help,LOL. My mom is like she is almost four she has got to go on the toliet. Ughhhh, she doesn't remember what it is like to potty train. Duh!! Some get it at two years of age and some take forever!! Thanks girls. Oh I just baked some cookies for the kids, ds said he doesn't want any, and dd is eating them up. Hopefully I can keep my hands off of them. Talk to you all later. Have a great rest of the day.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:36 PM   #5  

Helllloooo anyone here???? . I hope everyone is having a good day.

Just got done eating dinner, made chicken cheese and black bean wraps. I over did the cheese. I am a melted cheese person . Got a tiny bit of exercise in today. Could have done better. Dh wants to make homemade ice cream sandwiches with the cookies I made. I don't know. Maybe a I will have a half of one.

Well hello Noelle, Kempy, Cherie, Cal, Dips and Angie where are you, I am hoping you are doing well, miss you and praying for ya. Okay gotta run kids are wanting to come inside, dh just took them for a walk. And dd is throwing a fit about something . It just never ends .
Old 06-06-2005, 08:56 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, we gotta keep this thread hopping! Anything exciting happen this weekend? We went to the state fair and tried to watch Camille Velasco perform, but only got through the first 2-1/2 songs. I just don't like her style. I didn't go back to the area to watch Diana DeGarmo either. The fair was mucho crowded--I have never seen it like that in a LONG time. I think part of it is that a lot of the military personnel that were deployed overseas have recently come back, and the economy here is picking up. We had fun though and that's the main thing. We bought a new armoire type cabinet for the bedroom, I wanted it mostly to store my linens and bags--the bags took up two shelves (the cabinet is 36" long). I still have some stuff on the floor but slowly and surely my bedroom is becoming habitable again.

Julie, I feel for ya girl with the potty training thing. I remember my boy being the same way. I think it was everyone in the house pressuring him that made him not want to go on the toilet. It was when we backed off that he went by himself. In fact, I think I was away on vacation when he finally did it--go figure. Have you tried the bribery route? I think with me it was a Thomas the Tank Engine train or something... You know, I've read that some kids are just afraid to do #2 because they feel like it's a body part and they themselves fear getting flushed down? Or something like that. Good luck, I have a feeling she'll go when you're not looking.

Cherie, thanks for starting the new thread...the months are starting to blend together for me, almost forgot it was a new month! Gosh, we're halfway through the year already! You sound like you had a wonderful but busy weekend. Wow, a cruise with your sweetie, another thing to look forward too, that is just awesome. You deserve those breaks you know? And congratulations to your pre-K graduate and your award winning 1st grader. Is Meghan looking forward to Kindergarten? Now she can go to the same school as her big sis, that should be exciting for her.

Dips, well HELLO! Don't be a stranger now. We look forward to having you jump start this thread every now and then

Hello to Kempy, Angie, Cal and everyone else. Have a good evening.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:20 PM   #7  

Good Night Girls

Noelle nice to see you post. I thought I was alone . I am glad you had fun last weekend. You are right, that is the main thing that counts, whatever you are doing . Congrats on the new armoire. I love buying new furniture. I am trying to talk dh into a new couch and kitchen table yet. I saw a commercial tonight for couches for $299.00. I wonder if they would hold up though. But with the kids spilling their juice it doesn't pay for me to spend a lot. Thanks for reply on the potty thing. I told her when she was on the toliet today, I will give you five dollars if you go, so yes I gave into a bribe, I was desperate, I knew she had to go. I even was sitting on my bathroom floor singing Mr. Roger's Song You Will Never Go Down the Drain, LOL . Also brought in her favorite bear and tried to read her a story . You are right though I think it is pressure from others. Like even things with the bottle or nursing or sleeping through the night. They will do things when they are ready. Just like our sons did. Well you have a great evening.

Hi out there everyone else. Going to go and get ready for bed and pick up a little. Bye for now.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:38 AM   #8  
No Limit Souljah!!

Hey Girl!!

I don't have kids but I have a bunch of siblings, and one thing I know for sure is that if you want them to do something, offer them a big prize. I'm not talkin' ice cream cone. You may have to make a trip to the toy store. Dangle the prize right in fron tof her or take it a step even further, buy th etoy and take it home. Tell her its all hers as soon as she makes poopy in the potty. Then put it a way and constantly remind her. May seem a little extreme but kids compromise well with a little incentive.

Anyways, I quit Atkins after realizing I couldn't possibly keep up long term without commiting a felony. I've switched to South Beach which is waaaayy more realistic and easy to work with. Hope everyone finds there way back. It's hot to death in NYC and Humid ughk! I have got to get an air conditioner before the week is out.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #9  

Girls.. I am still busy... I haven't had a chance to read ANYTHING.. and I am about to leave for the airport. I'll try to check back in tonight once I get settled in at the hotel!

I hope you all have a GREAT DAY! I'll talk to you all soon!

Cherie
Old 06-07-2005, 01:01 PM   #10  

Hi Girls

Dips, thanks for the advice. You must have it down with all the siblings!! Glad to hear you like the SB. I hope you get your A/C to cool down .

Cherie, have a safe flight. Thinking of ya. Hugs.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #11  

Hey girls just checking after lunch. I have downed probally about forty ounces of water so far. I am trying to flush out this water retention. I had a peanut butter for lunch. So far so good. I am not sure whats for dinner yet, depends on the weather. If it is nice and not raining maybe something grilled or meatloaf sounds good, but it is kind of hot to run the oven. Can you guys believe I am saying that after complaining about the cold weather all winter . I have to plan a birthday party combined for my kids with the grandparents so I have some calls to make. Mom wants to order pizzas from my favorite place. Yikes. Oh well. Okay gotta run.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:03 PM   #12  

Hey guys, I just got in from the gym. I just did some cardio though. I have been slacking on that so I thought i would concentrate on that for a few days. I can't believe you guys are yelling about the heat already. We are pretty darn hot down here now. The mornings are the worst. I think the humidity is uaually 95% in the AM. Talk about nasty outside. I know it is going to be bad out when I wake up and the windows have condensation on them.

Dips it sure is good to see you back again. Did you get your house all furnished. I bet it looks like an ad from IKEA.

Cherie i am so jealous. JOe and I want to go on a cruise so bad. I think we might try to next year. I already have this years vacation booked.

Noelle I have been wondering what has happened to Diana. I thought she should have won.

Ok guys, sorry this is so short but I have to go figure out something for dinner.

I hope Angie makes an appearance soon.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:55 PM   #13  
No Limit Souljah!!

Hey Girls,

OH MY GOD IT'S HOT!! I am not going to make it without air conditioning, I'm going to buy one tomorrow. Especially since bake all my meats now. I feel as though eventually the heat will just melt all my fat away (if only) But anyways I just can't take coming home after work to a hot *** apartment.

Kempy- the humidity in NYC is awful. I'm dying over here. And Yes, my pad is all Ikea'd out

J- good job on drinking lots of water. Bet that caused a lot of bathroom trips. Good luck with the party.

Hi Noelle- I'm not going to be a stranger anymore. I'm settled in my place and I'm going to be here a while.

TAlk to you later, girls!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:57 PM   #14  

Just saying Good Night Girlies.

Cherie, I hope you made it safe and sound to your hotel. Have a good week there.

Kempy, you must just start sweating with that humidity!! I hope to see Angie come back soon too.

Noelle hope you are having a great day. I am watching the Dog in Colorado. I like the HI landscape better. LOL.

Dips, I hope you have a fan, get that thing going if you do. Drink lots. I know though, you are right about the bathroom trips. But you need your fluids if it is so hot. Right now it is still eighty degrees here. I won't complain though....I would rather have this than four feet of snow!!

Hello everyone else. Have a great night and a good day tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:07 PM   #15  

Oh my gawd, I am watching MTV's I Want a Famous Face and this girl is having lipo and some implants to look like Carmen Electra, I can't believe she thinks she needs lipo she is tiny. Okay signing off. Just had to add that.