Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-04-2005, 01:33 AM   #1  

Default What is a good plan?

What is a good weekly exercise plan?

Can somone give me some examples of theirs. I do walk, but I am trying to find something to be more active.

HELP!
devildogsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:19 AM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildogsgirl
What is a good weekly exercise plan?
One that works.

I don't use a plan myself. A plan is just something that I personally can end up not following...and that does me no good. I just follow a need to exercise rule and do whatever is within me to do that day. So if the plan calls for a bike ride and it's pouring the rain, I won't have an excuse not to exercise. If I simply wake up in the morning and see it's raining and decide today's a good day to go to Curves, then that's what I'm doing. Or I may decide on an exercise video. I just keep mixing up my exercise so I do a bit of everything, but continue to keep it from getting monotonous or boring by constantly varying what I do. If it's a nice day, I'm more apt to go for the bike ride or take a run or a walk. Gloomy day, I'll either march in place with some hand weights to a movie or something or I'll do an exercise video. Busy day and 30 minutes at Curves will better fit the schedule.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:09 AM   #3  

Thanks and you do make a good point. I just never feel like I am doing enough. I dont know why. I just want to lose it and now, so maybe that is the reason I never feel I am doing enough. I guess I just dont know what are effective exercises to do.

Anyhow, thanks for your input.
devildogsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:41 AM   #4  

I was at a complete loss about exercise, and in fact that's why I joined 3FC in the first place, to get some help. It might sound weird, but you could hire a personal trainer. I only needed one session (I am lucky enough to have a gym at work, and they have them there). I change my exercise routine every eight weeks (coz I am a Gemini and get b.o.r.e.d.). I belong to two gyms now, the one at work, and one near my home. Both instructors have adopted me as their pet project, and I get lots of support, without feeling like they are watching me all the time.

Basically I do 10 000 steps a day walking, then anything on top of that is a bonus. I swim one to twice a week at the moment (I would do more but it doesn't fit into my schedule) I do weights 3 times a week, and cardio other times. It is a really loose plan and basically I just do whatever I feel like that day, and whatever my schedule permits. I do tend to sit on a Sunday and work out my schedule and "book" in exercise slots - to keep me honest.

You will notice though, if you do serious weights and things, the numbers on the scale will slow down rather than speed up. I take measurements every eight weeks, that is a lot more motivating and you have proof that what you are doing is working!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 10:22 AM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildogsgirl
Thanks and you do make a good point. I just never feel like I am doing enough. I dont know why. I just want to lose it and now, so maybe that is the reason I never feel I am doing enough. I guess I just dont know what are effective exercises to do.

Anyhow, thanks for your input.
Well first off, exercising at all, as opposed to not exercising, is effective. And mixing up what you do is more effective than doing the same exercises over and over. Whatever you do decide to do, I've seen many post here that in order to lose weight, one needs about 60 min. a day of exercise. Now at my highest weight, I didn't exercise for 60 min. a day and still lost weight based on just eating healthy (not less) and walking 1 mile a day and opting for stairs over the elevator. As my weight dropped and my fitness increased, I increased the time I exercised. Eventually, down to my lowest weights and even 60 minutes wasn't really working, so I upped it to nearly 90 min. a day. If I cut back, I just maintained the weight but didn't lose.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote