Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-03-2005, 09:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Default I am having a rough day!

I only joined here a week ago but I could use some support.

I've been sticking to my new eating plan and my exercise plan so well so far, and I've lost 14 pounds so far. Today, though, my children have been holy terrors and I ended up eating way too much. I haven't had dinner yet and am way too hungry to skip it tonight, and I'm already over 1500 calories today (the limit I've set for myself for weight loss) and 40 grams of fat! Dinner tonight is pasta, which I love. And, I have a headache and going to the gym is the last thing I want to do!

I know to take it one day at a time. This is just the first day that I've really, truly been challenged so far and I'm taking it hard.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:45 PM   #2  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hang in there gray eyed girl! Just think of how well you're doing and do your best to enjoy your dinner in moderate portions (Don't you hate that word - "portions"?) Have a big glass of water ASAP, or perhaps a small glass of milk. Even if you've slipped today, it's just one day. Yesterday you did well, and tomorrow you'll do great, so don't let one day make you loose perspective. You're losing weight and doing a great job!
Perhaps the weather is nice where you are? Can you leave the kids with the dishes and take a peaceful walk this evening?
Good luck and good health!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:00 PM   #3  
...toward a better me!

You can do it! Don't go crazy with the pasta and remember that tomorrow is a brand new day with another chance to go to the gym and eat within the range you set for yourself. A day in the scheme of your long term goal isn't going to make or break you. Just aim to have your good days outnumber the hard ones and you'll be successful!!

Good luck and hope your Saturday feels a lot better!
cecilyisworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Height: 5'8"

It's alright. Everyone has their bad days. It takes time to rewire that urge to eat when stressed, angry, tired, bored, ect. It's something I struggle with often. It's also ok to go higher on your calories one day as long as you're a little lower the next. It will balance itself out by the end of the week. Take a deep breath and relax.
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:22 AM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

A trick to try next time you're having something like that and know you might eat quite a bit of it is to go easy on the pasta (and make it whole wheat BTW) and heavier on the sauce, then add a veggie or a piece of chicken or something to the side, or start with a large salad before the pasta. Also try drinking a glass of water just before dinner.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

thanks, everyone. I had a small serving of pasta and a BIG glass of water, and ended up staying under 2000 calories. This is usually the point where I give up on a diet and end up gaining back everything I lost. But I just weighed myself and the scale says (4 times!) that I lost 4 lbs overnight. I know most of that has to be water weight and I'll probably gain a little back or at the very least plateau for a short while here, but it definitely made me feel better to get on the scale this morning and see that I had still lost. Water weight or not, I'll take it! Today is a new day, right?
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:14 AM   #7  

Height: 5'9

Hang in there, my dear! What really helped/helps me is knowing that this is a lifestyle change, and not a short-term diet. If you think of it in those terms, it's easier to be more forgiving of yourself if you eat too much or what-not. Just jump back on the next day!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:19 PM   #8  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Im having one of those days today myself. The husband went out of town for the day and I just got all out of wack.
I dont know if its the heat or what but I totally did not watch myself as closely as I would normally today and I think I bite off a bit more than I needed to. But the son was also sick and running a high temp so I was not thinking about myself today. I know now that these times happen and its best that now I am aware his temp is getting back to normal the husband called and said he is on his way home. I can look at the clock and know where I am and what I can and can not be putting in my mouth.
Kinda weirded me out how I let control go for the day. I didnt eat bad things just to much of the good things.
But its possible to get back on track tommorow and head to the gym and just move on...
Keep on working at it its alright we all have those days but its just a day and tommorow is another day.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote