Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-02-2005, 09:47 PM   #1  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Be Accountable! Post your food diary -- June 2005

Here's the new thread!

Today:
B - Kellogg's smart start w/skim milk and strawberries
L - Lean Cuisine spinach and mushroom pizza
S - one corn tortilla and a swig of orange juice
D - mixed green salad w/fat free Italian dressing, 1.5 low-fat hot dogs w/ketchup and a little mustard (and buns), 1.5 ears of corn (.5 with some butter and salt), two bites of a piece of buttered egg bread

I think I did pretty good today, very little snacking since it wasn't a workout day. Good thing too, because I have friends coming to visit for the weekend and I'm taking an unofficial 4-day weekend to show them around, and I know I'll be eating crap!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 01:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

B- Cherries, grapes and Strawberries 145
S - 1/2 bag Fresh Express salad mix w/salsa/SC dressing, tortilla strips, cheese, salsa 240
L - Subway Club sandwich on wheat, no cheese, veggies & mustard 320
L - Rest of bag of salad 240
D - 4 mini tacos, 2 mini burritos, 16 chips and salsa, Sour Cream 875
S - 4 beers 420

2240 calories!

The whole plan for the day was to go home and have a lean cuisine for dinner to stay within my calories until a friend wanted to meet for a drink and you can see how I did from there.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:26 PM   #3  
slow and steady

Today is the first day my friends are here for the weekend....

B -- Kellogg's smart start w/skim milk and strawberries
(workout)
S -- Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt (peach)
L -- one NY System Hot Weiner (small hot dog w/meat sauce and onions and mustard) and half an order of fries w/ketchup, small Sprite
S -- an apricot and some OJ
D -- some sort of Thai-style fried tofu in chili sauce, greasy lo mein noodles w/beef, and a bunch of white rice, and a few sips of my bf's beer

I might have some hot cocoa later too, but I don't know yet.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:34 AM   #4  
slow and steady

I forgot, I also ate a chocolate truffle.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:16 PM   #5  

breakfast
1/4 cups eggbeaters southwestern eggs- 50 cals
3 strips turkey bacon- 115 cals
2 cups strawberries- 70 cals

snack
south beach diet bar- 140 cals

lunch
3 vegetable samosas- 300 cals

snack
apple- 100 cals

dinner
1pkg easy mac- 300 cals
choc. soy milk- 200 cals
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:07 PM   #6  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

The last few days have been a blur to me. All I remember are the M&Ms. Lots and lots of M&Ms. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at work were one big mental breakdown for me. I've never seen so many things go wrong in one week. The worst was yesterday when I was asked to write a fateful letter to a vendor threatening to terminate our contract with them if they don't get their act together immediately. Uber-stressful for me, since I'm very non-confrontational. That's where the M&Ms came in.

This weekend is my Mom's retirement party, and I will have a hard time recovering from the damage I've already done. We are going out to eat tonight, so I will be looking at the salad selection for the most part, I've already had a veggie sub without mayo, and with some of the cheese taken off for lunch.

Luckily my mom has a treadmill at her house so I can redeem myself a little bit. I'm afraid to weigh in tomorrow, since it's not my usual scale. (Did I mention I'm out of town at my mom's house? Well, I did now :P) Wish me luck!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:01 PM   #7  
slow and steady

Betani, don't worry about the damage you've done, just think about the good you can do once this weekend is over! I'd suggest not even weighing in, especially since it is a different scale, and especially if you think it will upset you. Skip it and weigh in next week, and I'm sure you will be fine!

Today was a really crappy food day for me in general, but my first visiting friend is gone. The next shows up tomorrow afternoon, and I'm baking her a birthday cake so I know I will eat more crap!

Today:
B - homemade "breakfast burrito" -- one taco size corn tortilla, about one and a half eggs (I cooked three, two whole and one white only, and ate about half), some veggies (bell pepper, peas, corn), and salsa, glass of OJ
L - OMG, this is the crappiest lunch ever. One waffle cone with mint oreo ice cream and one and a half small clam cakes. It doesn't sound like much, but that waffle cone was HUGE and the clam cakes were GREASY!
S - slice of whole wheat bread, 2/3 of a giant can of Arizona green tea (I was sooooo thirsty!)
D - huge plate of broccoli (trying to make up for my earlier eating), small bowl of baked beans and low-fat hot dog slices, half a hot dog on bun with ketchup
S - glass of water with strawberry slices in it!

Now I really know I can never go back to eating like I used to. I used to be able to eat a whole big greasy lunch AND a three-scoop ice cream sundae with bananas. Now, a single-scoop waffle cone is enough that I felt totally stuffed afterwards. Somehow I'm not surprised that when I weighed in I hadn't lost at all. Maybe next week. The good news is that when I measured on Friday (before the bad eating ) my waist was down to 28.75 inches!
Old 06-05-2005, 08:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

Friday -
B - Regular oatmeal w/skim milk, splenda & cinnamon
L - Lean Cuisine Enchilada Suiza, 6 light chips and salsa
S - Grapes
D - Lean Pocket
S - Little bit of Milky Way Dark pieces and popcorn (@ the movies) & lots of alcohol at the bar afterwards

Saturday -
L - Mex Rest. 1/2 bean tostada, 1/2 bean burrito, Cheese Enchilada, SC and chips and salsa
D -PF Changs - 1/4 Orange peel chicken and white rice, 1 chicken lettuce wrap
S - lots of alcohol at the bar again

Sunday -
L - Brothers BBQ - links and fries ( ate about 1/8 of what they give you)
D - Taco Bell - spicy chicken burrito, Club Chalupa
S - Soft Taco Supreme

Another bad weekend as you can see. I have a feeling I'm going to continue to struggle until I go on vacation and get back.

Paperclippy-
Way to go on getting that waist so small. All your hard work is paying off!
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 10:12 PM   #9  
slow and steady

Today, not so good either:

(workout)
L -- Lean Cuisine sesame chicken
S -- slice of bread
D -- 3/4 Boston market chicken carver sandwich (on wheat), 1/2 side mac and cheese, 1/4 side sweet potatoes, 3/4 of a cornbread muffin, and a lemonade
S -- a slice of red velvet cake! I baked it for my friend's birthday. And a glass of milk.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:01 AM   #10  

Betani- OMG I know what you mean, M&Ms used to be my binge food. I would have my fiance go out at all hours of the night when I was really stressed and bring me home a 1lb PARTY sized bag of peanut M&Ms!!! Ugh and they would make me SO sick, I remember I wouldnt let him have a single one!! sigh. Just dust yourself off and consider it a hard lesson learned! It seems like you've already recommitted and getting a few work outs of the treadmills is a great idea!

food log:

breakfast
oatmeal
3 slices turkey bacon

snack
applesauce
string cheese

snack 2
south beach bar

dinner
quesadilla/tortilla chips

unfortunetly my fiance convinced me to have my one "cheat" meal on the first day of the week, so I have nothing to look forward to...but it was worth it!
Old 06-06-2005, 12:17 AM   #11  
I believe in Futures

Sat, June 5: I finally ate healthy enough to post it

B: Grape Nut cereal w/ soy milk
Snack: 5 cashews
L: Fat free strawberry Yoplait yogut; 1 orange; 1/2 cup cottage cheese
Snack: Hand full of shredded mini wheat cereal
D: Salad & 2 bowls of vegetable soup
purplebanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:09 PM   #12  

food for day 2 of week 2

breakfast
1 cup skim milk- 80 cals
1 cup raisin bran- 200 cals

snack
protein shake-160 cals (was disgusting, had to hold my nose and chug!)

lunch
1 whole wheat waffle- 75 cals
1 cup strawberries- 50 cals
1/4 cup southwestern eggs, sprinkle of cheddar cheese-150 cals

snack
applesauce-100 cals

dinner
1 ww bun- 200 cals
1 soy burger- 100 cals
mustard/kethup- 100 cals
olive oil potatos- 250 cals
small spinach salad w/ ff dressing
Old 06-06-2005, 01:31 PM   #13  

Default food,etc

i just went to the girly doc for my yearly checkup and i am up 7 lbs from last year-- i gotta start being more accountable so here goes:

b-
6 oz 2% choc milk
1 small fuji apple
12 oz h2o

l-
2 c cantelope salad (primarily cantelope w/ a little goat cheese, proscuitto, and basil. by the way, yum)
1 c mixed greens/micro greens salad w/ grapes and mung bean sprouts and annie's goddess dressing
1 dr. kracker
12 oz h2o

d-
will probably be leftover spaghetti (whole wheat noodles and marinara sauce w/ olives, capers, grated carrot-- this was a stroke of pure inspiration for me, i just grated carrots into my simmering pot of marinara and there ya go, extra vegetables without even trying... alright, well i was tickled pink about it-- and smoked garlic chicken sausage) and another mixed green salad similar to my lunch salad

i'd like to finish two nalgenes worth of water today (my new daily water goal) so wish me luck
punkrockgrryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:12 AM   #14  

dinner for yesterday was just as planned, although two friends stopped by so portions were a little meager . i had a small ice cream for dessert (4 oz), but we walked to the ice cream shop, so i don't feel entirely bad. and i met yesterday's water goal, so i'm pretty happy about that.
today:

b-
6 oz 2% choc milk
1/2 c lowfat vanilla yogurt
1/2 c sliced strawberries
1/2 c ginger granola

l-
big mixed greens/micro greens salad w mung bean sprouts, feta, grapes, dried cranberries, soy nuts, and homemade lf yogurt and avacado dressing
2 dr krackers

d-
no idea a'tall. probably rice with nuts and dried fruit, and cucumber yogurt riatta

water goal- 2 nalgenes
punkrockgrryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:20 AM   #15  
slow and steady

Yesterday was my last day of having friends over, so back to eating healthy for me now!

Yesterday:
L -- Smokehouse burger from Johnny Rocket's (burger w/bacon and onion rings on it!) But I didn't eat the whole thing, and about 1/3 order of fries, plus a sprite
S -- diet soda, I guess this doesn't really count for much though. Diet soda sweetened with Splenda tastes nas-tay.
D -- sweet and sour tofu w/veggies and white rice, cooked at home so I know it was healthy.
S -- some chocolate caramel popcorn and a white chocolate popcorn truffle!

Anyway, we still have some cake and popcorn to eat, but I am going to divide it into individual servings to help prevent myself from eating too much. Also today I start a circuit training class, so I will be working out FIVE days a week instead of three (I've never done more than three before, it's kind of freaking me out).