Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 01:09 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Cow are you today?

I'm still living in an oven. That's the trouble with living in a northern clime. When it does get hot, nobody has air conditioning.

Okay, it's Monday, I expect to see Peachbabe back here posting any minute now with tales of the Golden State. Let's get with it here.

Kiwi
Old 07-23-2001, 02:10 PM   #2  
cow with the double chin

Talking howdy

oh my !!!! This place is fancy !! !!

Hello!

How is everyone doing? What's new? What happened to cybermom? I have questions!!! Like your new grazing grounds!

Sorry you are living in an oven Kiwi, do you guys get any mild weather there? It's been mild here for summer time, must be going to be blasted with a hellacious september or august!

I read a little of the last thread, not much though. Always wondering what this group is up to! Lush, sounds like your mom is ill, and you are taking care of her. Please make sure to take care of yourself.

Life is the same here. I only have until August 17 and then I am a bonafide paralegal and no longer a student!!!! Good thing, because I am soooooooooooooo brain fried!! LOL The night after class is over, my study group is having a slumber party. There are 6 of us who have become pretty close this year and are holding each other up through this last quarter. We are having a pot luck, and have rented a limo for a couple of hours to go out on the town. When we get back to the house, we are throwing darts at all the irritating people in class. I have been carrying a camera at school the last couple of weeks. hee hee

SO and I are no longer. It has been about a month now I think. Maybe longer....Things were heading towards the old direction and I did not want to go there. This time I am not a nervous wreck because he is not here. This time I am calm and know it is the right thing. Yes, I love him....but we are really poison for each other, no matter how much we may love each other. We meet on the weekends and do something together with pumpkin. Hopefully the feelings that we have for each other can be put to use to make sure we stay friends for pumpkins sake. She wants that very much. Time will tell. I'm taking 3 weeks after school ends to get her settled into daycare **sigh* and chill my brain and then I am going to work. Man, I hope things settle down then. LOL No more drama here please!

Gma is going through a cancer scare right now. We are waiting on results of tests, they are talking cervical cancer, again. I wish that poor woman could just pass in her sleep, she has had enough health crap the last few years. She does not deserve any more.

Is there anything exciting going on here? Any juicy news? LOL

Anyway, thought I would stop by and say hello.

~~Muffie~~
Old 07-23-2001, 04:56 PM   #3  

Default Hi Muffie!!

Did Peaches run into you out in California and tell you where we were? How did you manage to find us out here in cyberspace??? Congratulations on finishing school. I'm very impressed See what you can accomplish when you quit hanging out with fat cows like us???

Kiwi, swimming in a lake sounds wonderful. It's hot here, but not toooo hot. Just about right hot. Today is my mother's 71's birthday. She still looks and acts young. I only hope I can do as well in my 70's. Geez, I'd settle for that in my 50's.

Sugar P, my puter is giving me fits again too. It does all kinds of strange things and occasionally makes a boing sound like a mouse is inside there dropping a ping pong ball. So much for finally investing in a brand new puter.
Old 07-23-2001, 05:21 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Well, I'm claiming credit

For giving Muffie a road map to get here. Hi Muffie! The post-grad partay sounds great! How's the ds doing?

Wabby, ponging sounds don't sound like good news. Our puter is acting a little strangely too. I think it's the 96 degree heat. Just typing makes me sweat.

Marcella, dear, I heard a rumor that you were spotted on Rodeo Drive shopping for tiny little shoes at Gucci. Is it true?

Later
Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 04-17-2002 at 02:53 AM.
Old 07-24-2001, 12:42 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I thought this was timely

Definition of Outdoor Barbecuing
---------------------------------

It's the only type of cooking a "real" man will do. When a man
volunteers to do such cooking, the following chain of events is
put into motion.

(1) The woman goes to the store.
(2) The woman fixes the salad, vegetables, and dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on
a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils, and takes it
to the man, who is lounging beside the grill.
(4) The man places the meat on the grill.
(5) The woman goes inside to set the table and check
the vegetables.
(6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is
burning.
(7) The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the
woman.
(8) The woman prepares the plates and brings them to the
table.
(9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the
dishes.
(10) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night
off." And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that
there's just no pleasing some women.

DH put the room a/c in our bedroom window last night. I actually slept for a change. It's still hot and humid everywhere else, but I hear thunderboomers approaching, so maybe a big whopping storm is coming and it will sweep away all this heat and we'll go back to being a northern state. I can dream

Where is everbody anyway? I want Calif. details from Peaches, I want to hear that Wabby made a Dr. appt., I want to hear how lovely the beach was from Lush, I want to hear neighbor stories from Sugar and family stories from Bagz or vice versa, I'm not picky... Muffie, you can chime in too, girl!

Our 15th anniversary is coming up in 2 days. I am trying to decide whether to do anything about it, because not word one has come from dh about doing anything. Not to be resentful or anything, but you'd think after 15 years he might have noticed that I expect a present. Maybe I'll "forget" this year. Or maybe I'll take myself out to dinner and to the movies as a reward for putting up with 15 years of marriage...

Excuse me, rant over

Kiwi
Old 07-24-2001, 03:02 PM   #6  
cow with the double chin

Default Yes Marcella..........

I'm definately a plus size. About 3 pluses it seems. And you remember me because you are perfect and perfect people don't forget whom their friends are.

Kiwi, DS is doing fine. He is now a sophmore. He is taking drivers ed this summer. I told him I hope he retains things well, because it is at least another year before I will even let him get a permit. Evil mom he says!! But he loves me anyway.

How nice of DH to move the air for you. Hope the rain washes away the heat for you! 15 years? Happy Anniversary!

Peaches, where were you in CA? How does DS do with mom having a man?

Does anyone know what happened to cybermom? Is Cherry around anymore? How about Frappe and cran?

~Muffie~

Last edited by muffie; 07-24-2001 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-24-2001, 04:06 PM   #7  

Default That's sooooo sad, Kiwi

That all you could think of to ask me about was if I'd made a Dr. appt to give me feel good drugs. I really gotta get a life. By the way, I did make an appointment. So soon I'll be back to my only slight amount of b*tchy-ness, instead of the overwhelming case I have now.

Muffy, Frappe is overwhelmed so has taken a break from us lately. and Cranny got a job so I think she's taking a break too.

Kiwi-blossom, I've got you beat. It will be 25 years of wedded bliss for the DH & I this year. I'm trying to talk him into a sunny weather cruise to celebrate (it will be in October). He thinks he would get bored on a cruise, so I might settle for a shoreside vacation in Mazatlan or Puerto Vallarta. I need to be in bikini shape by then

DH brought home a new project car. It's a '48 Ford sedan, which he plans on restoring. That oughta keep him out of the bars for awhile.

I loved your bbq post Kiwi, it's so sadly true. Hey, Sugar P, do ppl bbq like crazy in Germany too?
Old 07-24-2001, 05:21 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Au contraire, Wabby

I don't think it was sad, just intrusive and pushy. Please feel free to tell me off any time. 25 years, that is a coon's age, isn't it? I am entirely in favor of a cruise. There is nothing at all boring about a cruise--of course you have to pick a good cruise line. Skip the Kathy Lee cruise line, I think. I have been on 2 Royal Carib. cruises and they were lots of fun.

Having thought about this anniversary thing further, I realize I may have missed the whole point of DH putting in the a/c --that was my anniversary present! Silly me for not seeing it--isn't 15 years the cool air anniversary?

ciao
Kiwi
Closed Thread