WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 11:45 AM   #1  

Cool Chinese Food - What do you get? How many points

I am interested in hearing what everyone gets when they eat Chinese. Also, how do you count it? Thanks!!
Old 02-22-2005, 12:27 PM   #2  

i LOVE chinese food, its gotta be my devil on my shoulder. usually when i get it, i use it as a "bad" meal that uses up flex points. vegetable lo mein is 7 points for a cup, and when i looked up wonton soup it said 4 points for 8oz broth and 4 wontons. i did have a question for anybody who knows...how many points are those crunchy noodles they give you with soup? anybody know? THANKS
Old 02-27-2005, 09:40 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Hi! I am sorta new here. A frequent reader...but just started posting. I get the steamed veggies w/ steamed chicken. They put the brown sauce on the side...no MSG. I even request this when we go out to chinese different resturants than I usually patornize. They will usually cook it for you special if you ask. I only count the points for the bonless, skinless chicken breast. I try to guess on the chicken, as I know from eating it what 3-4 oz looks like(I take the extra chicken home). I MUST stay away from the seasme chicken..(my personal fav.)...not worth it....lol! Anyway...good luck..It can be done.
Tina
Old 03-03-2005, 09:19 AM   #4  

Those crunch noodles are fried - to be avoided at all costs.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:33 AM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I usually have hot and sour soup instead of the eggrolls or springrolls which are deep fried. I may have plain rice with a serving of a chicken and mixed vegetable dish. I always have my fortune cookie and tea - for me it is not a Chinese meal with out them

Try to avoid the deep fried items like crispy beef or General Tso's chicken.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:51 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

You shouldn't avoid anything you enjoy including fried foods if it will make you want it more or feel deprived. I have fried foods including these noodles but not like I used to so I don't feel that way. However they aren't the best choices.

Dotti's has a good list of generalized items at http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/chinese2.html

Personally I usually tend to get what I want and eat 1 or 1 1/2 cups and use my points that I planned for it...the key is for the most part in W/W (or any diet) is planning for what you enjoy, want as well as getting all your nutritonal requirements in.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:30 PM   #7  

Greetings.....I usually have a pint of Egg Drop Soup...only about 4 pts and very filling...then I have my steamed Chicken & Broccoli, and since my daughter enjoys the chicken so much I find myself eating the extra broccoli instead of so much chicken...and use the brown sauce....with 1/4 cup of white rice. Usually so full, and its low point dinner....whether ordering in or eating out, that seems to be the best bet point wise.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I do the same as CGBuzz, I share chicken and broc with my son. in the ww book it says chicken and broc is 2 pts for a cup but I think that is probablly with out sauce so I count it as 5. I have a bowl of soup and try to only each 1/2 cup of brown rice. so all in all, its pretty low in points but, the sodium always makes me feel bloated.

my asian food splurge is thai and I have to realy watch my portions there and skip the thai iced tea, its like 7 pts!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:34 PM   #9  

Default point value for crisy noodles in wonton soup

there is I believe 6 points per cup
Old 01-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #10  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yikes!

The place I go to doesn't put crispy noodles on the won ton soup so I never thought about it - though I have had them on salad - not anymore though

I always eat out of the small bowl and with chopsticks rather than using a plate. This stops me from loading up a huge plate and I am forced to put a little bit of rice or noodle in the bottom of the bowl and about 1/2 cup of whatever dish then eat it - that way I have time to digest and choose whether or not I want something else, I eat slower, have to think about what dishes I really want and what I can do without and I don't over eat.

I also drink lots of green tea which helps fill me up so I don't out.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:53 PM   #11  
Collie Mommie

I start with egg drop soup and usually have chicken and broccoli, or beef and broccoli, or pepper steak, or chicken with mushrooms or something else similar. When the food arrives, it is usually on a serving dish and we are given the rice and dinner plates separately. I serve myself about half cup of rice and about a cup or cup and a half of entree and leave the rest to bring home for another meal (or if my husband is still hungry, he can eat it).
I open and read the fortune cookie, but I don't eat it. Sometimes I bring it home for my dogs. I just don't like them at all - I am not worried about the points.
And I always get the hot tea to drink and alternate cup of tea, glass of water.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:23 PM   #12  

[QUOTEI always eat out of the small bowl and with chopsticks rather than using a plate. This stops me from loading up a huge plate QUOTE]

I do the same. Chopsticks are my buddies when eating chinese food, I might implement it with all others. I take my time and focus on what Im eating. Egg Fo Young is my ultimate sinful delight. They place I go has this gravy they top it with that is to die for, so I order it without the gravy on top and get it on the side and Im cool.
Closed Thread