South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 05:55 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - Thursday, June 2

A gorgeous day is cranking up in the wee village of Delta. Once I get my knee fixed, this will be my walking time. For now, join me on the deck for coffee and the cardinal and robin will serenade us.

I am pretty tired today from a huge Village planting day and still am not finished. However, I think I'l focus on my own planting this morning. Jane comes at noon and I need to go to get groceries. I have a meeting tonight for Communities in Bloom so it's going to be a busy day again.

What's happening with you today? Come and set a bit.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:14 AM   #2  
Darrell's Girl

ARGH i just sat here and typed all this stuff and it didn't upload... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

oh well i'll just retype it later when i have time

love ya'll!!!!!! have a great day!
Old 06-02-2005, 07:29 AM   #3  
gotta lose it!

Morning ladies!!! Ruth - you are one busy lady!!! Marine - good morning!
I'm eating some eggs w/ salsa...then off to work! I'll see you ladies later! Jenn - I did my crunches today!!!!
Have a great day!!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:04 AM   #4  

Ruth, I hope you saved me some coffee. I didn't sleep worth the trouble to go to bed. DD is still sleeping so I'm hoping to eat breakfast and get to physical therapy without her.

Of course we start a new month challange and I'm stalled again.

Aileen, it did that to me yesterday.

Soon, don't you feel better having done your crunches? Have a good work day.

Lydia
Old 06-02-2005, 08:54 AM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

My left arm is feeling better today,but the medicine the doctor gave me as very bad side effects. BLEEDING is involved. His instructions were to take ONE and 10 mins before I go to bed, for 10 days. (mg are 15)Don't think I have to worry too much. Why oH Why do medicines have so many side effects. I think I need lots & lots of of coffee this morning.

Going out to walk along the beach,with my hand weight just like Laurie suggested to me yesterday. I also going to jump some rope for 5 mins and stepping for the other 25 mins.Total amouint of exercising will be 60 mins. that a start. Right!!

Ruth-You are a busy lady,hope your knee heals fast so you can take those beautiful walks.

Marine-Computers, that happens to me on another board I post on.See you later.

Soon-Have a nice day,eggs & salsa I have to give that a try, instead of my same old V8.

Mama-Sorry you missed your ZZZZZ's.Hope you find them tonight.

Have a great day Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 06-02-2005 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:07 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies I got to sleep in this morning ahhhh IT was SO nice!! I am working 5-9 tonight...I woke up to a nice pot of coffee....soo great! Now I am just planning out my day...prob doing laundry and cleaning up around here....right now decidind on breakfast.....how many times do you ladies weigh yourself???? should i be doing it every morning or ONCE a morning???

<3
chels
Old 06-02-2005, 09:43 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning!

Back to work and hating it! Would much rather be home with my babies!!!

Soon2B -- yay for crunches. I am going to do mine tonight! I have been out to walk though the last 3 of 4 days so Yay!

BeachBum, feel better

Everyone else, have a good day on the beach!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:45 AM   #8  

HI ladies. I think I'm out of my funk from yesterday. (Thank God!) But it's still raining....

Good News! Can I get a drumroll? Measurement results from Curves yesterday: down 11.5 inches

Hope you knee feels better, Ruth, and your arm/side effects, Beachbum. And maybe you could get a nap in sometime today, Mama? My new breakfast favorite is eggs with whatever veggies I have handy to throw in, black beans, salsa, and cottage cheese on top, Fab, so I, too, enjoyed mine this am. Angel, I weight myself "officially" every am, and them just out of naughtiness darn near every time I walk into the bathroom in the afternoon. Very bad habit. I think the recommended is once a week. Marinemom--try not to get wet in this rain, eh?

Hope all you chickie have a great day. I must finish cleaning out my desk. Today is officially my last day as a teacher. and
Old 06-02-2005, 09:56 AM   #9  

Good Morning Everyone!

Congratulations on the inches lost Mamaeli! That's great!

Chels, I've heard lots of chicks say once a week, but I'm way too compulsive. I weigh at least every morning and every night. I think I'm a scale addict. I just can't stop myself! I aspire to be a once a week checker!

Well, I'm into day 3 of Phase II and the scale is up from 188.0 to 188.8. I've been really careful about what I've added back in, so I've decided not to change anything yet. I added a cup of strawberries per day. Does it ever happen that people just don't lose once they add any carb back in? I was on Atkins before this plan and never made it out of induction because of the fear of gaining. Reassurance anyone?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:08 AM   #10  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking Beach Babes r the bomb!!

Great day on the beach 2all u BEACHIN BABES!!! Beautiful day on the rise in Rockwall 2day!! Hv 2go to work n a few,just wanted to say howdy!! Plan on doing crunches and leg exercises b4 go(celulite) Lost those 3 pesky lbs again,,shampoo'd all the carpets for 6hrs ystrdy..Not sure how that adds up on exercise,but I was exhausted when done...Sorry so many BEACH BABES hv aches and pains,,get better soon...2all Hv a GREAT DAY on ur beach towels...GOFISHIN
Old 06-02-2005, 10:12 AM   #11  

I think i am a scale addict......uh O.....
Old 06-02-2005, 10:13 AM   #12  

You're not alone...
Old 06-02-2005, 10:14 AM   #13  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

Good Thursday morning everyone! Working for me today ~ on day 8 of phase 1 with Vacation looming over my head next week.
Hope you all have a greaaaaaaaaat day!

Tracy
Old 06-02-2005, 10:17 AM   #14  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning all! Hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day Weekend (in the states!) We didn't go anywhere except locally, but we've been busy bees! Kids started swim lessons and we are at the pool for 2 hours everyday! I love it - we aren't members at this pool, but since we take lessons we're allowed to swim. The first lesson is at 11:00, the second is at 12:00 so we end up being there about 2 hours and it's great!

I'm down to 248 - just missed reporting my weight for the stats, but I lost 7 lbs from my start weight. (It's actually 11 since I gained - but I was still counting 255 as my start ) Things are great. I like Phase II better than Phase I and I'm losing more. Go figure.

Gotta get the exercising in more. DH says he's gonna exercise with me, but never has time. So, I guess I gotta get myself going then.

Have a super day all!!!

Christy
Old 06-02-2005, 10:19 AM   #15  
Cat Lover

Morning to all!

I'm taking a wonderful and well deserved work break to stop by and have a cup of coffee with you.

Joined the gym and had a good workout. My friend pointed out that the more you weigh the more calories you burn! Finally a plus to weighing more!!

Back to work! Hope everyone has time today to relax and stop to smell the roses as they say!

SANDI
Closed Thread